Phoenix

Started by Anastasia, April 30, 2021, 02:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

19:11 <Corwin> roll 1d20+21
19:11 <Kobot> Corwin rolled 1d20+21 --> [ 1d20=14 ]{35}
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Ranbar begins to work. Gems begin to break and souls fly around her. One soul and then two, three and four, five and six, seven. More and more of the gemstones begin to spontaneously crack. Rain falls as water fills the room, vast numbers of Fire's opposite freed. A storm of souls a dozen strong, then a hundred, then thousands, then more than you can easily count.

More and more and more and more. A storm that Lady Sanzha stands amid untouched, as the gems she claimed simply vanish to elsewhere.

Ranbar laughs - a beautiful, pure sound. A laugh that fills the water as she works, souls gathering. Some fly free after a moment of her attention, off to where they were always meant to go. Others linger by her, like tiny will o' wisps that orbit her body.

You can feel a pressure in the room, a growing power around Ranbar.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

It's time, Seira is certain of it! Unlike that time with Amaryl where she guided prayers to her wife, however, Seira directs a prayer of her own to Ranbar. Just one amongst many, taking care not to overwhelm the building powers but rather join it organically....

Anastasia

It's a burst. A burst of awakening and power amid the sea of souls. Ranbar is more now, a presence that slams against you as it expands rapidly.

Then there was another. Well done.

Ranbar gains divine rank 1. I'll work this out this evening.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Thank you for your kind welcome, Seira responds to Zaphkiel, and envelops Ranbar in a warm hug!

Anastasia

Ranbar returns it even as the souls fly out everywhere, more and more done by the moment. Quietly Sanzha smiles, as...

My own advancement is not so flashy, but I will not be idle.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Perhaps it could be, Seira responds to Sanzha. We shouldn't take away from Ranbar's moment, but there was something I wanted to handle together with you.

"We're very happy to have you step all the way up, Ranbar," Seira tells her with a smile of her own, already making preparations for a fresh festival to hold at the Cauldron.

Anastasia

Ranbar's smile is radiant. Nothing else needs to say as more join you, the matter sorted.

Some time later, Sanzha pulls you aside. "You were saying?" she asks plainly.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira reaches into a tear of space that appears at her command, retrieving a molten sphere from a secure vault. "This cursed ioun stone. Not cursed in the literal sense, but I cannot see it as anything but given what it is. Let's break it together, Sanzha."

Ioun Stone, Molten Steel Sphere

An ioun stone made of hundreds of melted ioun stones and other objects of power. It grants a +5 bonus to attack rolls. However, to use the stone and gain its benefits, a new user must sacrifice 500 hit dice of creatures with the water subtype to the stone. The souls of the creatures are absorbed by the stone and can only be freed by the destruction of it.

Anastasia

Lady Sanzha studies the boiling, roiling sphere of metal. "What a miserable thing," She agrees, "Will mundane means do it or will we need more expansive measures?"
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"I feel that Water and Fire joining together will end it, so let's try that first?"

Anastasia

Okay then, go ahead and describe what you're trying.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

That artifact was made with the power of Fire forcibly subjugating Water, and an imbalance exists in said distribution of power, manifested as a twisted version of quality versus quantity. It is an artifact, if a minor one... but Seira is the Goddess of Fire. And her friend, Sanzha, is one of Water. Here, in their divine realm that symbolizes balance and coexistence between the elements, they can call upon their divine powers and guide them towards equilibrium within the artifact. Whether that would be enough to destroy it, Seira isn't sure, but at the very least with the yoke of Fire removed from the trapped souls of Water, a properly balanced artifact would no longer be a cage or a prison for those spirits, allowing them their freedom!

Anastasia

Give me a rank check for my reference.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

22:24 <Corwin> roll 1d20+6
22:24 <Kobot> Corwin rolled 1d20+6 --> [ 1d20=5 ]{11}