News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

Dragon's wisdom

Started by Anastasia, January 18, 2022, 10:40:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Thunk, thunk, thunk.

Lady Honeydip drops the three books she carried into your tower top office. Each book is thick and laden with the dust of ages, yet seemingly unweathered by time. "Spellbooks," she announces, "Nothing revolutionary, but remarkably old. I'm told that the insights from ancient magic can help you appreciate current spell work."

"Oh!" Emily perks up from silent meditation, "I've seen a few books like that. Mom Seira got her hands on a few of them. They're interesting to see how spellwork began and how it's evolved." She smiles softly, "Plus the research itself can be interesting." A glance at Alyssa.

It's a warm day, a sunny day. Outside your realm continues to expand. Mountains on the horizon doubtless have their caverns and tunnels explored, while valleys have civilization brought to them. A glimpse at the right time may show creatures in flight. Often mages and others who have mastered the magic to do so, but at time winged creatures can be seen. Celestials at times as well, be them Selunite visitors or servants of Emily.

"Anything that helps, even if only in lore." Lady Honeydip alights on the back of Emily's chair, sitting sideways so she can look at Alyssa. "What may be the final war comes." Quieter, reflective, "I had heard scriptures that speak of it. The day of judgment. The day of final victory or final defeat. Yet I've always focused on the lost children of Androlynne, and even after, such a thing seemed impossibly far in the future." Going on from that, "Even should we triumph, will it matter if what we unleash to do so brings about such a day? Will the full majesty of all the holy realms be so easily taken back should they be needed to lay Shar low?"

Emily turns from the books to Honeydip, "Have some faith," she declares, "Besides, Alyssa's too stubborn to let things reach a climax before she's studied it all. That's a dragon's perogative and a dragon's will, is it not? While not a dragon in body, Alyssa is trusted by the greatest dragon. Surely that makes her one in honor."

Go ahead, Alyssa, this is just a chance to get going and something to play off of. Set yourself up with this.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa sniffs a bit and lifts her chin, "I see your little research bribe and am unmoved by it..." after a moment of silence, the books subtly inch closer to her...

"But yes. Many of the underlying theories of ancient magic are the common structure spells of today are built off of. It's entirely possible that structure will show a stronger, more direct tie to the Weave, without being over-complicated by modern refinement. There could easily be secrets revealed in these books.

As for the apocalyptic days, well... Trying to take in the full scope will only overwhelm everyone. The best way to approach it, in my opinion, is the same with every problem: break it down. Identify the individual parts, solve for them, and then collect those solutions into a whole. The others are currently working on their own parts; Jarem is dealing with the army forces and battle plans, Dolamaya is handling the development of governmental and leadership structures, and Bastian is establishing information and reconnaissance. Emily is identifying strike targets and linchpin targets.

So, Lady Honeydip... as you are concerned about day minus one, what do you think about starting there? Begin with planning for reconstruction and then start tying to identify what our fight could kick off for follow-on threats, and identify which entities in the Abyss, Hells, and Heavens are most likely to try and pounce to assume control afterwards. Would working on such a product make you feel more stable about your concerns?"
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Lady Honeydip bows her head to consider that a moment. She idly kicks her legs in the air, wings still as she perches on the edge of the seat.

"Perhaps it would," Honeydip considers at last. "But I'd want to think and rest on it before I commit."

Alyssa, there's a mercane nosing around the Gates of the Moon, making noise that he's carrying a message for you. Want me to round him up for you?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Alyssa tilts her head, but replies Yes, that's fine. But do a little probing before I arrive. Do we have a name, at least?

To Honeydip she says, "Then please do so and let me know. For now, it seems I have a mercane visitor."

Anastasia

"It can wait," Honeydip agrees.

Emily smiles, "A mercane? Business and trade, I presume? Well those do never rest, it's only natural for such things to happen. At least according to Auntie Waukeen."

Joghan is the name. It doesn't ring any bells for me.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

OOC: Anything to roll to figure out this guy/name? I've got Legend Lore as an at-will.

Alyssa nods, "But a bit odd that he would come to me, personally. If it were just trade, there's plenty of actual merchants in the realm."

To Jarem, Alright, bring him to one of the meeting rooms and I'll come.

Anastasia

K:P. Go ahead and roll real quick.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Anastasia

It does not ring any bells. How are you going to handle this then?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Just gonna meet with him, then. If any of the others want to come, I'm okay with it.

Anastasia

The other two follow. The mercane is unremarkable and wears a fitted tunic and pants, both muted colors to contrast is blue skin.

Immediately Joghan rises and bows deeply, "May I ask which title you wished to be referred to?"

Emily follows in, polite if distant for now.

Lady Honeydip flies in at military attention, at your other side and ready.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Lady Alyssa will be fine. I'm not much one for rules and too much structure. Now, Joghan, you come bearing a message? I'd like to know who sent you to me."

Anastasia

"Tiamat, Queen of the Dragons," The man bows his head deeply.

Immediately Emily's expression tightens, hand going to her sword on pure instinct.

Lady Honeydip regards the mercane coolly, "A messenger with great courage to say so openly."

"Courageous," Emily concedes, "But perhaps yet proven penny wise, pound foolish."
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

"Well... I suppose I can guess as to what this concerns, but it seems a bit out of character for her to communicate in this way... Did she send you here for negotiation of something, perhaps?"

Anastasia

"An invitation," Is the answer, "To meet in three hours on the Astral Plane," Is the answer, "There are matters she wishes to discuss."
<Afina> Forever.