News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

Slurs along the mainstay

Started by Dracos, October 01, 2004, 12:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Okay...Being a touch out of it here...

What's going on?  Brian, I know, is trying to keep it going but I have to voice aloud that I'm not quite sure if it is there to get going.

We started with four people.  I believe Rez is permanently out of it, and at least temporarily so.

Bjorn is off on vacation is it?  I don't know, haven't seen him in a week or so.

I, personally, am lost.  Beyond the slowness, I really have lost track of what to do.  I probably could read over all the logs again and remember, but again, I wonder if the game has enough players still around to make it worth it.

I don't know if Ebiris is still in, though I suspect he is.  Even so, we're hitting 8 days on a single page of posts.  4 since the last one.  I wonder out loud, is he also just going through the motions?

I think a variety of things have driven an ore-sledge through the center of this game.  I'm not sure if we have the requisite 'one guy with the real heart' to make it happen on the player side.  If I'm wrong, other players, please correct me...

But if I'm right, there's little point in Brian going through the motions of GM'ing the game, plotting, and whatnot.  I know he probably doesn't want to let the game die simply because (like all GMs) it hurts to admit a game has stalled or failed (even if it isn't the GMs fault).

I admit there's undoubtedly a little bias here.  I do want to play in the next game scheduled for after this one ends.  It could be totally coloring my perception of events and assuredly taints what I'm saying.

But I do want to hear it.  Where are the other players?  Are we on pause?  Is there something going on?

The communication networks on this game have pretty much shut entirely down.  A board game can't survive any more in a void of communication than any other one. :\  So...let's talk.  We got a chatroom.  We got an OOC forum.  We can acknowledge that we're still alive?

I apologize for bringing this front and center and all the inevitably blehness that goes with it.  I know it is rude and possibly could just outright slay the game that still has a chance to recover from bad feelings.  But...  I think if it has a chance to recover, it needs to be acknowledged that it is having trouble and whether that trouble can be fixed.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Ebiris

Honestly? Yes, I've been going through the motions.

As it stands now, the game doesn't interest me. With the frequent pauses, I've lost track of what's going on, and really, the plot doesn't grab me. I was hoping for more of a 'explore space and see fantastic things!' game than the 'unfurl the conspiracy and fix the ship' game we have.

I stuck it out hoping we could move past getting things shipshape and onto more interesting events, but the game's been running an awful long time without any progress.

Brian

Yep.  Of course, it doesn't help that Bjorn's gone, that there was a more than a month long pause....

I consider this the worst game I ever ran.

I declare it to be dead.  Whee.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~