News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

I was really sick. I figured out what was making me sick. It was the medication that was supposed to make me not-sick.

RRGH.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Quote from: Yuthirin on November 16, 2014, 09:29:45 PM
I was really sick. I figured out what was making me sick. It was the medication that was supposed to make me not-sick.

RRGH.

Catch 22!
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Black Friday looms. Arghfuckle.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

*buys your store on thanksgiving*

You are free.  There is nothing to sell :P
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Kaldrak

I have absolutely HAD it with people this week.

You know what the fun thing about working in a bureaucracy is? There are things that I cannot do. But explaining to people that there are things that I cannot do is apparently having a 'bad attitude' and then people complain about me to my supervisor or her boss, depending on how pissed off they are and how high they want to take it.

Most people are understanding when I explain these things and point them in the right direction, but ohhh no, not SOME people. Some people are apparently too thick to understand that when one person in a department can't help them, they send them to someone else in a different department who can. Seems simple enough right? But NOOOOO. These people are like, 'why  can't you handle [problem] and I'm like, 'because I am literally incapable of doing that' and then whoop! Here come's the blank look again. The words are going in their ears, but there's no comprehension happening. And then they ask their question again. 'But why can't you handle this?'

My coworker (the one I like) has a saying for times like this: "It's hard being stupid." And these are people trying to go to college!

Or, OR they get angry with me for not being able to help them or for having a 'bad attitude'. Which of course I have, because I'm telling them something they don't want to hear and sending them bouncing from department to department trying to find someone to help them. I know this. I am as sympathetic as I can possibly be about this, but ye gods...sometimes I SEEETHE WITH RAGE.

And I kept making mistakes this week at work. First I fail to help Mr. 'bad attitude' guy who complains way over my head about me to the district office, who of course know who I am because I'm the only male working in my office, then I turn away some autistic guy because I don't have change for him (he regularly swings by and gets different denominations from us) so he goes ranging all over the campus searching for someone to give him change and there's blowback on us for not 'being there for the students.' I should've asked my coworkers, but they were busy, so I told him I didn't have what he wanted and directed him to an automated change machine. BIG MISTAKE. Concerned calls were made. Stern emails exchanged. Whoopsie daisy. My bad, so sorry everyone. Now my coworkers and boss are pissed at me.

After a long conversation with my supervisor yesterday on both of those issues, Mrs. 'Thinks I'm a lazy bastard' whom I work with just kept throwing things at me all day today. She and my other coworker routinely handle certain things, but my other coworker is out on vacation this week, so I'm stuck the high and mighty smartass lady. She decides that I'm obviously not working enough, so she decides to have me take care of something that I've never done before.

When I protested that I haven't done this and asked her how, she explained that you do it just like you 'always do'. I...I don't understand. I JUST SAID I'VE NEVER DONE THIS. What in the name of HELL is wrong with your brain? Do you not speak English? So, after she flat out refuses to run me through it and I check the giant manual of our procedures, only to find that it's not there, I call my supervisor and have her run me through it. Of course, they both say that I 'should know this already', which means...what?

WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE SAYING? How does telling me 'I should know this already' help anything? Is it some sort of insistence that reality is other than it is? Are they both just wanting to feel superior? I had to explain several times to both of them and then they just shook their heads at me in a 'boy aren't you intelligent' way.

I just love that phrase: You should already know this. Try it the next time someone asks you something. It's a fantastic way to make yourself feel superior, especially if you shake your head and sigh.

And then there were the emails, in which my supervisor explained things to me in a way that I would explain things to six year old. I know I've been asking questions, but I'm. Not. STUPID. And then I found out that my coworker forwards my emails to my supervisor, pointing out little errors that I'm STILL MAKING, mostly because I'm trying very hard to control my temper at this point. I know, I KNOW that she's complaining about me to my supervisor and...and there's almost no way I can recover from this easily. Now she's double checking my work, which is almost enough to make me want to kill something. Of course, the solution is to just do things CORRECTLY, but....

Oh, and then there are the new procedures that nobody bothers emailing me about and then it's my fault because I somehow didn't get the email, but no one believes me and I end up looking like a primo asshole for trying to do things the old way or for telling people we can't do something we can actually do now.

I...I hate this. I really, really hate my life sometimes.

Screw em all. I won't be doing this job forever. I'm not a carpet for you people to just walk all over. One day I won't be poor anymore. I won't be struggling every month just to pay my rent and buy food. I'll be able to afford to fly around the country and see people I care about that I haven't seen in YEARS.

One day I won't be in the GODDAMN SERVICE INDUSTRY.

I wish that day was today. God I'm tired of this....
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Anastasia

Sounds like a day for deep breaths and lots of relaxation.

I feel ya, even if I only deal with service things some of the time at my job. Get a nice dinner, relax and put it out of mind.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Kaldrak

Quote from: Anastasia on November 20, 2014, 12:18:09 AM

I feel ya, even if I only deal with service things some of the time at my job. Get a nice dinner, relax and put it out of mind.

Thank you for your kind words. My week got worse after that actually, but it's not important.

*waves at everyone*
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Anastasia

Quote from: Kaldrak on November 25, 2014, 11:23:08 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on November 20, 2014, 12:18:09 AM

Thank you for your kind words. My week got worse after that actually, but it's not important.

*waves at everyone*

Ew. At least that week's over and done with, right?
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Curse my weak will towards board games!

I was able to ignore the 'Black Friday' sales from Cool Stuff Inc. (it was atrociously crappy, so that was super easy) and Miniature Market (this one had good stuff, but I was able to resist all of the games I had interest towards).

Then I came onto CardHaus... where I just finished spending $220 on game stuff. @_@;

Note to self: Scan a few of these for Zun Tzu and run SR board game sessions again to justify expenditure.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Your links are messed up, Merc.  Remove the quotation marks.
<Afina> Forever.