News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: KLSymph on November 30, 2014, 02:44:09 PM
I scorched the roof of my mouth. It actually didn't hurt quite that much at the time (but let's just say it's difficult to curse when you're juggling 350-degree food inside your mouth). The real annoyance is that your mouth becomes too sore to eat properly for days after.

Another life lesson: if you have 350-degree food in your mouth, it's probably socially acceptable to spit it out rather than juggling it in your mouth. Especially if you're alone while cooking it.

Wasn't one of my smarter days.

At least you have a reason to eat ice cream?

But wow yeah, life lessons learned by the bushel!
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Rukatin

I burnt my finger tips in art metals today. Not with the torch, but with a bench grinder.

Stupid copper. Stupid heat conductivity.
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

Kaldrak

I have about five dollars to my name until I get paid on the tenth. Fortunately, all expenses are taken care of, but it's always fun to look around at all the stuff I can't afford during these wonderful sales going on everywhere. >_<
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Rukatin

Burned myself again. Soldering iron I didn't know was on.

Art metals is fun, but it's painful as well.
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"You enslave minds!"

Merc

There's an out of stock game that originally sold for like $22 and typically can only be found for $50-80 nowadays. I had pretty much given hope of ever owning it for a realistic price. As I was browsing Kicktraq, it caught my eye that the title of that game was there! "Taluva: Deluxe Edition"!

Giddy, I go click on that, expecting a new game around $40-45 maybe since the original was $22 and this was a deluxe edition.

It looked really pretty and stuff! I was excited! I go to pledge! I see the price!

...Ninety fucking seven dollars?!?!? Jesus fuck! Forget that nonsense! >:-/

That game is nice and definitely fun, but it's not worth that freaking much, deluxe or not deluxe.

I honestly wish there was a non-deluxe version reprint, even with just wooden cubes or something for the buildings as an option, but that kickstarter is goddamn ridiculous.

One of the options is an addon for a $30 piece of blue cardboard paper! Thirty dollars! The hell kind of money do they think I'm made of?
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Dracos

It has sucked being sick.  Just about over it though.

Merc is also made of Luigi's awesome stares.  And Money.

A 100 dollar board game is pretty pushing the limit.
Well, Goodbye.

Carthrat

Work flies me interstate to meet new staff and go to LAN parties and expensive Italian restaurants!

So of course I come down with a cold.

Calling it a 'cold' understates it, though. It's more like the dreaded Japanese cold that completely incapacitates you.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

DY

Winter sucks, though it hasn't gotten as bad as last year yet my heating bill is still absurdly high >.>
My name is Vash the Stampede. I have been a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love for many, many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search for peace. I meditate diligently every morning. The subjects are life and love. I quit after 3 seconds.

Anastasia

Eye bleeding sucks. Fortunately it looks like it was caught early enough and stopped, but I've had a miserable, scary few days.
<Afina> Forever.

DY

Oh man that's awful. Glad that you're fine!
My name is Vash the Stampede. I have been a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love for many, many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search for peace. I meditate diligently every morning. The subjects are life and love. I quit after 3 seconds.

Rukatin

So I got this new laptop, which is good and everything, I didn't expect it for my birthday...It's really nice, touchscreen and everything.

It just won't connect to my Fucking wifi.

"You enslave minds!"

Kaldrak

Quote from: Rukatin on December 13, 2014, 08:57:47 PM
So I got this new laptop, which is good and everything, I didn't expect it for my birthday...It's really nice, touchscreen and everything.

It just won't connect to my Fucking wifi.

This might be an obvious thing you've already checked, but did you see if the wifi switch on the laptop is on? It might accidentally have been switched off.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Carthrat

Terrorists have taken over a chocolate shop in Sydney, and have 20 or so hostages. This is horrible.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/lindt-chocolat-cafe-hostage-drama-in-martin-place-sydney-20141215-1278cx.html

Uber attempted to exploit this by raising prices and directing more cabs into the city, but got smashed on social media and refunded everyone. Civic responsibility, what is it?

Carthrat

Geez, it's right next to parliament, a bunch of consulates, and the reserve bank.

Anastasia

That's some scary shit right there.
<Afina> Forever.