There's not enough bitching

Started by Dracos, October 23, 2004, 03:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

Finally replaced my motherboard.

Of course the new board is faulty and won't POST.

Of course.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Aw crud. That blows like a hurricane.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Overslept by a few hours when I wanted to get up and be productive. Bleh.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Kaldrak is in the hospital.  Hopefully to get out later today.  Hope he is better soon.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Oh wow, is he okay? I mean I know he isn't if he's in the hospital and it's his private business, but I hope he's on the rebound and it's not serious.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

He seemed hopeful of being released this afternoon so not super critical.

Less hopeful about my cousin Joey who is also in the hospital with a serious back infection.  :(

It's not been a good weekend for friends/family in hospital.  At least no 'aunt or uncle so and so has passed on' calls yet.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Thoughts and prayers for everyone, man. That's horrible.
<Afina> Forever.

Kaldrak

Well I've had a rough couple of weeks.

I can't say much for hospital food, but they took good care of me. First time I've ever been to the ER or spent the night at the hospital. I had a serious infection that went sepsis, which, as it was explained to me by the doctor, is a condition where your immune system has a massive reaction to an infection. Your white blood cell count goes way up, you can get fevers/chills, and you have elevated heart rate and breathing. Pretty much all of which I had on Saturday.

They stuck an IV into my left arm, and I almost passed out, which was not a fun experience. The whole room went dim, I couldn't hear very well, and it felt like I couldn't breathe. I have a very visceral reaction to the sight of my own blood even at the best of times, but this was the worst ever. Apparently I completely panicked and it took me a while to calm down to the point where I could see, hear, and breath normally again.

So they stick me in a wheelchair after I calmed down and gave me a room where they hooked up an IV line with a saline bag and liquid antibiotics. I give them all the samples they want (blood, urine, etc) and they do tests to make sure I don't have a kidney stone or some other serious thing (I don't and my appendix is fine, thankfully). I then spent the next two nights at the hospital, the first of which I couldn't really sleep at all during, due to sharing the room with a snoring roommate and all the other noise from the machines and nurses coming in to take vitals and more blood and whatnot.

And I improved pretty rapidly. Feel almost normal today and I've got a new train of antibiotics that they say the bacteria is sensitive to. I'm exhausted and apparently clear to go to work tomorrow.

Woo.

It's been a pretty stressful couple of days/nights and it's not an experience I would want to ever have again. I also almost got sick to my stomach when they finally removed the IV post thing they had in my arm.

So that's what's going on with me. Hopefully everyone else had a better weekend than I did.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Anastasia

Glad to hear you're better, man. Doubly relieved that you went when you did and it didn't have a chance to get worse. Sepsis is no joke.
<Afina> Forever.

KLSymph

Indeed, sepsis can be terrifying. Good to hear you're doing well, Kaldrak.

Kaldrak

Well is a bit of a stretch here. Unless you can avoid it, I would advise against taking an antibiotic called Cipro. It's a heavy duty one with a large laundry list of side effects, most of which I seem to have. So, the antibiotics have likely killed the infection by now and are liberally kicking my ass. Can't wait to go off of it next week.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Kaldrak

Totalbiscuit just died.

For those not familiar with him, he was a game reviewer and youtuber. He had a lot of people who didn't like him for one reason or another, but no one deserves to go out like that. I loved his reviews of terrible, terrible simulator games.

Fuck cancer.

Merc

That's unfortunate. Didn't even know he'd been battling cancer, as I'd stopped following him ages ago since he tended to prefer different games than I liked (shooters and such) and he didn't put enough videos of the stuff I did find interesting.

I do still remember watching him play hearthstone and terraria and his steam deal videos, along with quite a few interesting videos on sponsorships, video game reviews and publisher tactics.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Dracos

Sorry to hear that.

My mom isn't picking up the phone for anyone.  For a couple days.  Getting a neighbor to check on her at this point :(

Kinda want a longer weekend.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

My mom passed away this weekend.
Well, Goodbye.