News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

POST OF THE DAY

Started by Dracos, December 21, 2004, 08:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

Quote from: "Anastasia"1. Is the link supposed to require an account to view?

2. People read Slashdot? My goodness.

1. It didn't, when Brian first posted it. Dunno what's changed since. Maybe it's not a live thread anymore.

2. Well, someone has to make up for the /. admins not reading /.

Brian

Quote from: "Anastasia"1. Is the link supposed to require an account to view?
It didn't yesterday.  But it was linked on Slashdot, so I think they decided that would be a good cautionary measure.
Quote from: "Anastasia"2. People read Slashdot? My goodness.
I only read the articles. :D

I was going to try and find a mirror of the text for you to read, since I don't have a login for that site (and am still waiting on the confirmation from the forums to get in).  Instead, I offer you this:

QuoteInmate 1: What are you in for?
Inmate 2: First degree murder, but I'll be out in 4 more years. What about you?
Inmate 1: I cheated in a video game, which was technically misusing US Army property. I'll be in here for a long time.
Inmate 2: Daaaaaaaaaaamn.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

metroid composite

Quote from: "Anastasia"2. People read Slashdot? My goodness.
I do, but it's a seasonal thing at best.  Roughly speaking, the ability to mod posts up means that the intelligent stuff comes to the front (usually...barring +5 funny and you can give a -5 modifier to funny in order to not see /. humor).  In other words, regardless of the average reader intelligence, only the good stuff gets filtered out, so it ends up seeming quite above average.  It also eliminates a reasonable amount of bias often found in news sites, in that the editors can post something with a stupid spin on it without noticing, and several people will make posts tearing the argument to pieces.

The downside, and why I don't hang out there more often, is that it's really a news site, not a message board.  You simply can't start a debate about something that hasn't been reported today, and some subjects are just always deemed off-topic, will never have a story about them, and get modded down as soon as they appear.
ats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. Based on these axioms, a cat with peanut butter toast strapped to its back will therefore hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision.

StormDragon

*sifts through her medication that she has to take regularly*

*breaks down into pained sobs*

Dracos

Uh, Storm.  Post of the Day is for funny/stupid posts we find around the net.

That would go in the bitterness topic. ^^;

Please try and keep the comedy/idiocy thread clean for Comedy Idiocy. =)

Such as me being a pompus ass and linking me handing Parn his ass over:
http://board.rpgamer.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard.cgi?s=41e852ca478bffff;act=ST;f=16;t=9955;st=20

Summary:"Oh no, there's no intelligent discussion to be found on the internet!"

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

The amazing antics of the WoW forums continue.

~exploding tag~

ikkonoishi

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/01/16/nailgun.accident.ap/index.html

I assume that this goes here.

On a side note the main page still says that irc.nabiki.com is the chat server.
That should probally be updated.

Dracos

Thanks for the reminder.  I'll fix that today.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Once more, I return from the lands of dread.

If you tire of Wow, here's news: Christians criticize Spongebob for promoting tolerance of homosexuality.

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

Hey, look! Humans being fucking retarded!
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Brian

Quote from: "Yuthirin"Hey, look! Humans being fucking retarded!

/me WHAPS Yuth.

BAD Yuth!  BAD!

No ECBing the entire thread!

~exploding tag~

kpjam

Quote from: "Brian"Once more, I return from the lands of dread.

"Mooo! My server farm has cows."
he secret of tomb has been revealed, do nothing!

Edward

Idiot complains about mod insisting on posts being spellchecked and asks mod to delete all his Anime Addventure posts.

http://addventure.bast-enterprises.de/display_comment.php?episode=130648&n=7

I'd take him up on it, KL
If you see Vampire Hikaru Shidou, it is Fox.  No one else does that.  You need no other evidence." - Dracos

"Huh? Which rant?" - Gary

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Servitor of the Outer Gods with your ineffective Thompson Submachine Gun." - grimjack

thepanda

I second Edward's suggestion, or at least get Bast to add a spellchecker link for those making episodes.

Edward

Why should Bast add a spellchecker link?  Idiots who won't spellcheck their stuff still won't spellcheck their stuff.
If you see Vampire Hikaru Shidou, it is Fox.  No one else does that.  You need no other evidence." - Dracos

"Huh? Which rant?" - Gary

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Servitor of the Outer Gods with your ineffective Thompson Submachine Gun." - grimjack