News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

Games People Want to Play

Started by Carthrat, September 14, 2005, 10:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthrat

Drac's recent post made me think a little, so here we go.

What sort of games *do* you want to play in? Even if you don't have time right now, it's worth flinging up a few genres/types you enjoy here. If you *do* have time, say so!

I've stickied this thread so we can all continue to see. People new to the forums, especially- if you don't see an open game you'd be interested in, don't be shy, DEMAND things from us! We don't bite.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Kwokinator

Anything cool that doesn't involve dice or rules or too heavy on traditional fantasy (like having dragons and paladins and orcs and stuff everywhere you turn or something) ^_^

StormDragon

omgz can u liek make a hihg school rp?

Kidding! I'm kidding. I would like to see a real life RP or something, and I second Kwok about the non-dice thing. I find it a little *cough*alot*cough* complicated and I don't want to refer to a rulebook in order to play properly.

Fantasy and sci-fi are just as well :D And how a murder mystery? That would be fun.

Yuthirin

Something, ANYTHING. I'm bored to tears, here.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Dracos

Run something?  I suspect you could get folks for an anime game pretty easy.  I'd do it, but I'm maxed with Wasteland and Summer of Gears.  =)

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Kwokinator

Yes!  Run something!  Someone!  Anyone!  @_@

My first attempt at GM has convinced me that it should be my last, so I'll just stick to playing.  Hopefully something diceless for all the reasons Stormy stated  ^_^

baka

I'd be interested in trying a game again, now that term is over and suchlike.

Yuthirin

Me running a game would be hilarious.

Hilariously bad.

I spend most of my GMing energy crafting witty and cunning storyline for my Call of Cthulhu campaign that I run locally. The rest of it is provided to other local GMs in assistance with their bits of mental blockage.

I do get bored with playing WoW, playing Oblivion, and studying all the time. IT'd be nice to interact with living humans a bit more than my immediate family and local best friends.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

I could try running a spam/low obligation game if no one else can and there's interest. I'm just nearly at my peak as is, so it would have to be a forum game and I dunno how it would go.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

Ana, I'd suggest not. >_> Especially given you've not adjusted for whatever time frame Gears will take. =p

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Merc

Many years have passed since people posted here. No reason not to reuse this thread though. =p

Anyhow, Iddy has been poking for new game stuff and I guess I'm bored enough to give a second game a shot, since I'm mostly happy with current schedule for IH game, and don't want to have that meet more often than it currently does. (I like using extra time in between to ponder ideas and stuff)

I don't have any specific ideas of what I could run though, so poking for ideas/interest from people that want to play -something-.

Some random thoughts from my end:

- Diceless or system? I don't really care, but I admit I prefer playing with a system as I like having some structure to fall back on. The people that commented in the past have expressed interest in diceless though, although who knows if they still are interested. =p

- Playing with a system means I'd probably want to go for a schedule much like my IH game, aka once every other week with occassional extra session meeting in IRC. As mentioned, I like having extra time between sessions to see what needs adjustment and come up with ideas. Or just take a break, really.

- With a 'diceless' game, that to me would be more of a round robin story type deal, with me controlling setting, so I'd probably shoot for a forum game with that.

- I'd love to do something with an anime/manga setting, and have always poked for interest in regards to this before, although we've not had much luck outside of Dune's Sailor Moon games, and those are ooooold now. I'd really prefer to have a structure of a system to fall back on, although I admit I don't know what'd be good for these, outside of a prior experience with Tristat and Sailor Moon.

- I've recently started reading a book called Mekton Zeta, which is supposed to be good for anime/mecha games. It looks kinda interesting so far, though again, pretty new to it.

- I still have some of my notes of what I was considering with Spirit of the Century (see "Timely Tales" under Old Games 6) before game imploded due to player loss of interest, if people want to try something pulp action hero'ish.

- I'd prefer not to do fantasy game due to potential overlap with IH game. I'm somewhat open to messing around with this, if only because I'm so familiar with D&D 3.5 or wouldn't mind experimenting with Fantasy Craft, but still not my first pick.

- "Way too freaking rules heavy": I refuse to run with the HERO system. That system just gives me a headache, and I -like- math. Just...ew, no.

- Similarly, other systems I'd like to avoid: I don't have any real interest in Paranoia (don't have anything against it, just not what I want to run). I also didn't really like Unknown Armies that much.

- Systems I have a decent feel for and like, due to actually having played with before: D&D 3.5 (duh, it's not like 80% of games I've played are this or anything, right?), Tristat/BESM (pretty rules light and has a slant towards anime/manga gaming), Spirit of the Century (pulp action hero), All Flesh Must be Eaten (BRAINS!!!), 7th Sea (pirates!).
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Well, since Iddy's on the list of people wanting a game, why not ask him first?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Iron Dragoon

I'm interested in Merc's game. Anime/Mecha sounds awesome, and the Mekton Zeta system seems pretty good for it. As for universes, I'm not sure. We could go with something established, and take over the existing characters, or run something inside the universe of an existing series/campaign.

I've seen a couple Zeta mods for Macross/Robotech floating around already, though I haven't actually gone through them.. If we don't take over characters, I'd like to play something like a Spec Ops unit (small group and dirty ninja work), or a Mercenary group.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.