News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

Games People Want to Play

Started by Carthrat, September 14, 2005, 10:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Odds are I'm going to have an open slot for gaming on Tuesdays. I'm thinking about running something radically different! I'd like some suggestions and imput. Systems, ideas, concepts, whatever. Anything you'd like to play, say so.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Zephyrus

UNKNOWNARMIESUNKNOWNARMIESUNKNOWNARMIESUNKNOWNARMIESUNKNOWNARMIESUNKNOWNARMIESUNKNOWNARMIESUNKNOWNARMIESUNKNOWNARMIESUNKNOWNARMIESUNKNOWNARMIES

Ahem.

Anastasia

Okay, suggestions besides the ones everyone knows you're going to say.

>_>
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

huh.  Mmm...  Wacky huh?

Scott Pilgrim-seque\Rock And Roll Save The Space traveling rock battle group?  Looked over systems though and didn't see anything as a system though that could really do that.

Bunnies and Burrows for something really odd? :P

Truthfully, most like keeping in 2nd or 3rd ed (I never get to manage the timing for one of those gestalt games :P) would be fun, but hey, wacky or heroic stuff is also fun.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

One thing I should note, and that I should have noted in the first post: This probably won't be D&D.
<Afina> Forever.

Zephyrus

In addition to my craze-filled post above I'm also open to:

Space Opera (I just want to blow a Death Star up.)
Mecha (Dude, I would kill to Pierce the Heavens)
Zombies (All Flesh Must Be Eaten, anyone?)
Military (So I saw Saving Private Ryan too many times. Sue me.)
Paranoia (I had a blast playing this)

Random thoughts:
~Something involving time travel could be fun. Maybe a la Quantam Leap?
~I could definitely do something pulp fictionish. Something along the lines of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.
~I also wouldn't say no to a superhero/villain game!
~Something with political intrigue could be interesting

VySaika

If you somehow take leave of your senses and run TriStat, feel free to poke me for advice. I've got that fucking system at least partially figured out, enough to make it at least vaguely work.
All About Monks
<Marisa> They're OP as fuck
<Marisa> They definitely don't blow in 3.5
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies
<Marisa> they're immune to a bunch of high level effects
<Marisa> just by being monks

Merc

Well, I know I'm not going to be able to play since you run through 1-2 am for me, but some possible suggestions, avoiding similar stuff to d&d (so no fantasycraft/pathfinder/etc):
7th Sea - pirates/swashbuckling system. I enjoyed it when Drac ran it. Mostly uses d10s. Penuche is coded for rolling the exploding dice and such. So is Serith.
Spirit of the Century - Pulp era heroes system. I liked mucking around when Zeph tried to get me to run this, even if he and other players vanished on me. Uses fudge dice.
Mekton Zeta - Giant mecha combat system. I used this briefly for that Eva game I ran with Iddy/Zeph before our schedules went kablooie. Was interesting/different.
All Flesh Must Be Eaten - zombies are fun, just make sure people aren't breaking fourth wall trying to be survivors.
Tristat/BESM3 - I still have a strong soft spot for your sailor moon games. BESM is nice for anime-esque games in general.
Heavy Gear - It'd make Iddy happy? Or maybe incredibly sad if he can't make the time. I just remember he kept going on and on about this. It was a mecha/military scifi type system from what I recall.

<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Iron Dragoon

I know, bad Iddy for posting in a probably dead threat, but still.

I'd like to see a F/SN-Tsukihime type game. Dunno how feasible that is, though.. For more 'normal' style stuff.. Another pirate game would be welcome, and I'm always in for military style games. Though, a good Warhammer game would be good, too. Fantasy or 40k.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Esuna

I'm interested in playing some sort of DnD turn based shtick. I've had some experience with 4.0 rules etc. and some experience with maptools if needed. I miss playing it though, and require additional pylons.

Anastasia

I don't think there's any 4e games going on right now, though there are a few 3.5 games and a Pathfinder game right now.
<Afina> Forever.

Esuna

I have no problem learning 3.5 rules. I was just saying i'm more experienced in 4.0. Anything's fair game for me.

Carthrat

What do you actually look to get out of RPing? Is it an all combat all the time thing, or are you into intrigue/horror/any particular genre? Character studies?
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Esuna

Honestly, I'm not really against any ideas right now. I've never done a character study before though I don't think (never heard the term before.) I've done combat and seperately been in some groups where we just explored stuff. Kinda like a mystery uhh... not like scooby doo, but a mystery hunting group. And I enjoyed both. Don't really get scared by much though, can't say I'm sure about horror genre though.

Mystery, combat (both complete fantasy genre) etc. I guess would be my favourite. Thought provoking things. Would also like to possibly do a WW2 kind of RP based story. Not sure if anyone else has the same idea, or if people still think it's too soon w/e. Wouldn't mind trying it out though. 1 am brain can't function. if I confused anything I'm sorreh. Best I can put together on half a mind.\

Read an earlier post, and I kinda got interested by the RL mystery thing too. Didn't consider not having some sort of fantastical essence to it. Revising post.

Anastasia

It sounds like you're new and looking for almost any sort of game. You wanna cut your teeth, yeah?
<Afina> Forever.