News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Games People Want to Play

Started by Carthrat, September 14, 2005, 10:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esuna

I dunnno what that means, but yes? Hahaha if cutting my teeth means curing my boredom and lack of games, then yes. I would love to slice them up.

Anastasia

Well, can you play in a late Saturday night game? It's not Dungeons and Dragons, but it's a simple system focused on the roleplaying. I wouldn't mind a fourth if it's a new person, in the spirit of gaming, y'know?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Esuna

What time in which time zone is "late" saturday night lol. Cause I work from 5:30 to 9pm EST on sat. if late is after that than yes I can.

Dracos

10:30 EST to godawful o'clock est (2:30 usually?)

*assumes it's Looming :)
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Drac is correct, it's 10 30 PM EST to about 2-230 AM EST. About a 4 hour session every week.
<Afina> Forever.

Esuna

Anastasia

Whoops, belated reply.

Why don't you come join us this Saturday on IRC? irc.lunarnet.org, room #elysium. Come watch us, talk and meet the group, see how that goes?
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

actually, gonna just merge this with the other topic.
Well, Goodbye.

Rukatin

I've been looking all over the internet for someone who could GM a Numenera game.
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

Anastasia

I haven't heard of it, personally. What sort of system is it?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Rukatin on June 03, 2014, 11:36:33 AM
I've been looking all over the internet for someone who could GM a Numenera game.

The game is brand new. Only been out a couple of months. I don't think there's a whole lot of distribution for the book yet. It's interesting, and it's a d20 system, so it'll be easy enough to learn and most of the games around here are d20 anyway.

In short, you could rustle up interest, but I'm not sure about rustling up a GM. GMs tend to like having history with a system before launching games, and like I said, it's pretty brand new.

Quote from: Anastasia on June 03, 2014, 11:37:48 AM
I haven't heard of it, personally. What sort of system is it?

As for what it is, it's a future setting, hunting for relics of the past and plane-walking type of deal, I believe. It's an interesting setting, and I pledged for the PC game, but as I don't have the books I can't go into much detail.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Sounds interesting. The trick is finding someone who's willing to DM it rather than play.

You can try rustling around here, see if anyone feels like taking the plunge into DMing. If that doesn't pan out, you could always DM it yourself. Getting players is far easier than DMs, but it's also DMing which is ton of work. (I'm running 3 games right now, I completely understand that.)
<Afina> Forever.

Rukatin

Quote from: Anastasia on June 03, 2014, 12:02:57 PM
Sounds interesting. The trick is finding someone who's willing to DM it rather than play.

You can try rustling around here, see if anyone feels like taking the plunge into DMing. If that doesn't pan out, you could always DM it yourself. Getting players is far easier than DMs, but it's also DMing which is ton of work. (I'm running 3 games right now, I completely understand that.)
Thanks for the advice. New here, just joined today. I'm looking for a GM because I have neither the the time, creative juices, or confidence to run a game. :(
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

Anastasia

Sure thing.

Fair enough on the GM part. It's always tricky getting DMs to run things, let alone good ones. Hang in there and keep on trying.
<Afina> Forever.