Started by Prince Herb, October 02, 2005, 02:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prince Herb

Session Start: Sun Sep 25 19:41:21 2005
Session Ident: #kotb
* Now talking in #kotb
* Seriumu (Dizzy@ip64-75-150-72.dial.aloha.net) has joined #kotb
* Rockman_Zero is now known as Mitchigan_Goodyear
* Rakhal (WinNT@cpc4-hatf3-6-0-cust153.lutn.cable.ntl.com) Quit (Ping Timeout)
* zaitcev (zaitcev@c-67-181-82-105.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has joined #kotb
* Seriumu (Dizzy@ip64-75-150-72.dial.aloha.net) Quit (QUIT: )
* elistera` (user@pcp0011710027pcs.lascruces.nm.albuq.comcast.net) has joined #kotb
* elistera` is now known as thorn
* Seriumu (Dizzy@ip64-75-150-72.dial.aloha.net) Quit (Connection reset by peer)
* Seriumu is now known as Hidoyou
<Princess_Herb> And so, we return to the great north road, to the river crossing near Kendall Keep, where our three gallants have just defeated a party of bandits and encountered a mysterious woman.
<Princess_Herb> "Yes, you, the good-looking one," the naked elf woman says
* Hidoyou scans the forest surrounding him
* thorn steps forward. "Hello, good lady, we greet you in peace. Er, you are come in peace, aren't you?
<Princess_Herb> "More or less," she says.
<thorn> "I'm sure hidoyou would be pleased to offer you his cape..."
* thorn nudges hidoyou
<Princess_Herb> "I mean you very little harm, at the present at least."
<thorn> "... since you seem to be a little cold there"
<Princess_Herb> She frowns.   "What would I need with such a thing?"
* Hidoyou approaches the woman
<Hidoyou> What do you want with us?
<Princess_Herb> "Come no closer, human." She says.  "I am being polluted, and not being given the honours I require."
<Hidoyou> Are you with those bandits that attacked us?!
<Princess_Herb> "These bandits are the filth, the ordure that floats on the stream.   Since you can kill them, I arranged for them to find their way to you."
<Hidoyou> So you led them to us.
* Hidoyou grips his sword tightly
<thorn> "They killed Mulligan, you ... you... elven witch!"
<Princess_Herb> "I did shield you from their arrows with my magic storm, you know." She says, cooly
<Princess_Herb> "Nor am I an elf!   I am the nymph of yonder water, and all males are my playthings."
<Princess_Herb> She gives thorn a look that could melt the hardest heart.
* thorn blinks, unable to respond, torn by conflicting emotions
<Hidoyou> You still haven't answered my question.
<Hidoyou> What do you want?
<Princess_Herb> "Oh, I want heroes to go to my source and smite the people who disrespect my waters," she says.
<Princess_Herb> "I've been waiting for a handsome and manly elf to come by for a long time."
<thorn> "Me?" I squeak
<Princess_Herb> "You will do it, won't you?" she asks Thorn.   "There will be rewards," she says, batting her eyelids and jiggling slightly.
<thorn> "What about Mulligan? What are you going to do for him?" I manage to firm my voice by the end
<thorn> He had a family!
<Princess_Herb> "Who's he?" she asks.
<thorn> "HIM!" I yell, flinging my hand to point at poor Mulligan's body. "The one you got KILLED!"
<Princess_Herb> "Oh.  One of your human friends," she says.
<thorn> "Why should we help someone like you, when you could have warned us!" I'm blinking away angry tears now, which helps me ignore her body
<Princess_Herb> She looks at the body, and mutters an invocation.
<Princess_Herb> roll 1d8+3
* Musk-bot --> "Princess_Herb rolls 1d8+3 and gets 9."
<Princess_Herb> Mulligan begins to look a little less dead.
<Princess_Herb> Mulligan is breathing shallowly again - the hole in his lungs is gone
<thorn> "Mulligan! Thank you, nymph, thank you thank you." I babble, and now looking at her in a wholly new appreciative light
<Princess_Herb> She looks at Hidoyou as well, and then at Thorn.   "I could heal your other human friend, if you think that kind of thing's important."
<thorn> "oh, hidoyou's scratch...  you're so kind." I smile at her
<Princess_Herb> roll 1d8+5 for Hidoyou's healing
* Musk-bot --> "Princess_Herb rolls 1d8+5 for Hidoyou's healing and gets 7."
<Princess_Herb> Hidoyou's cuts fade away as well
<Princess_Herb> "If you do this for me, I will help you," she says, stepping back towards the river.
<Princess_Herb> "If you need help, and are within earshot of my body, call my name, and I will come."
<thorn> "Oh, no help required, I'd help anybody -- that's the kind of person I am" I boast
<Princess_Herb> Her body collapses, and all that's left is a little water runnign downhill into the river.
* Hidoyou stares at the body
* Hidoyou mutters
<Princess_Herb> There is no body, not even a damp outline
* Iddy (iron_drago@c-67-163-114-219.hsd1.tx.comcast.net) has joined #kotb
<thorn> "Celanyth, you can come out now! She's gone!" I yell
* Hidoyou plants his sword in the ground
* Hidoyou sits down and observes the surroundings while checking over his wounds
* Iddy is now known as Celanyth
* Celanyth steps out of the shadows and approaches Thorn.
<thorn> "OK, so what will we need to clean water? Probably some nets to grab garbage in the stream, maybe some fires to boil... what, do you boil streamwater and then pour it back?"
<Celanyth> You boil it until it's at a rolling boil, then draing it.
<thorn> "Did you hear what she said, Celanyth? She's going to reward us if we can clean her source."
<Celanyth> ra
* Hidoyou draws a snowflake in the ground
<Celanyth> Drain*
<Celanyth> But.. This much water... Boiling isn't an option.
<thorn> "Maybe we could build a really big fire?" I come to Mulligan. "Hey, boss, you're looking better!"
<Celanyth> The best we can do is net the garbage and place a tarp on the bottom of the stream..
* Hidoyou gets up and heads towards the caravan
<Celanyth> We'd have to set the edges up to make a dip in the center... When the garbage sinks to the bottom to settle we pull the tarp out, and out comes the garbage..
<Celanyth> We'd have to cut some draining holes in it, though.. Kind of like a big cloth sifter..
<thorn> "ALl right, a plan!" I exclaim happily. "Shall we camp here, Mulligan, and make the delivery tomorrow? You're looking kind of tired."
<Princess_Herb> Mulligan is looking at amazement at the hole in his jacket and the blood
* Celanyth pats Mulligan on the shoulder.
<Celanyth> Hey, don't worry about it. We all have our close calls.
* Hidoyou sits down in the middle wagon
* Celanyth draws his finger along the scar on his temple.
* Rakhal (WinNT@cpc4-hatf3-6-0-cust153.lutn.cable.ntl.com) has joined #kotb
<Celanyth> See? Everyone gets it.
* thorn leans against a tree, whistling happily while daydreaming
* Celanyth whaps Thorn on the shoulder.
<thorn> "Huh? Wha?"
<Celanyth> Hey lover-boy, if you want to get in her 'good graces' I suggest getting started on the tarp.
* Hidoyou cleans his blade
* Celanyth turns and calls to the convoy.
<Celanyth> So, anyone got a net or two?
<thorn> wha? No point in rushing to her source, people appreciate a nice liesurely approach to these things
<Princess_Herb> "Ah," says O'Hare, "it's only a couple of hours to the keep from here, lads.   We could get there before nightfall, if we don't take too long burying these fellows."
<Princess_Herb> He points to the dead bandits
<Celanyth> Thorn, if you had scum and garbage buried in an open wound, would you want us to take a 'nice liesurely approach' to cleaning the wound, or would you want us to clean it quick?
<thorn> I groan softly and step away from the tree. "Right, right, you're the boss. Let's get going!"
<thorn> "Wait, bury them? They tried to kill us!"
<Celanyth> O'Hare's right, though. We need to deal with these guys.. Hidoyou, help me go through their stuff.
<Celanyth> Mulligan, have some of yer boys start diging the ditches.
* Celanyth walks over to the bodies and starts rifling through pockets and packs, looking for anything useful.
<Princess_Herb> O'Hare nods.   "If we don't bury them right, their ghosts will haunt us, right enough."
* Hidoyou scrubs at a particularly stubborn blood smear
<Princess_Herb> Brady and O'Hare get to work.
<Celanyth> Aye, even bandits are still men. Men deserve the respect due to the Dead.
<Princess_Herb> They have leather armour, somewhat soiled, shortswords, light bows, and around 80 arrows
<Princess_Herb> They have nothing else of any value apart from clothing and pocketknives
* thorn grabs one of the bows. "Mind if I take this and some arrows? It'd look good over my mantel"
<Celanyth> Bah, leave the arrows for those who have use for them.
<Celanyth> I'd rather have one framed in an enemies' ribs than over your mantel.
<thorn> "Maybe you could stick an enemy there."
* Celanyth looks through the shortswords and grabs one, slipping it into place at the small of his back before slinging a bow over his shoulder.
<Celanyth> This'll make hunting easier..
<thorn> I take a few arrows and slip them into a quiver, and take a bow
* Celanyth straps a quiver to his right hip and slides a dozen arrows into it.
* thorn helps load the bodies into the ditches. "ready to go, guys?"
<Celanyth> Not yet.. We have to bury them properly.. As we can at least..
* Hidoyou finishes cleaning his sword and begins sharpening it
<Celanyth> That means we need to put rocks or logs over the graves. Or the animals will dig them up.
<Princess_Herb> O'Hare nods.   "There's plenty rocks down by the river there."
<Celanyth> Aye.. Any who care for sleep and not watching for their ghosts... Start hauling rocks.
* Celanyth heads down to the river and begins hauling rocks to cover the graves with.
* thorn helps out, lugging one rock for every 4 of celanyths
* Hidoyou sheathes his sword and heads over to help
* Celanyth paces Thorn and mutters to him, "You know, the dead don't care about actions. They can sense the motive in an action. They know if someone is simply going through the motion of, say, respecting them, or if they actually do."
* Rakhal (WinNT@cpc4-hatf3-6-0-cust153.lutn.cable.ntl.com) Quit (Connection reset by peer)
* Celanyth grins at Thorn and goes back to his normal pace.
<Princess_Herb> The carters dig a shallow pit, and tip the bodies in, then cover them with soil and rocks.   "And there we are," says Brady.   "Now, does one of you gentlemen want to say a few fine words?"
<thorn> "So if we mean to put the rocks on, we don't actually have to do it?"
* Celanyth shrugs.
<Celanyth> That's for you to decide, Thorn.
<Celanyth> But if you mean to, why wouldn't you?
* Rakhal (WinNT@cpc4-hatf3-6-0-cust153.lutn.cable.ntl.com) has joined #kotb
* Hidoyou nods
* Celanyth turns to the graves and salutes them, gripping his dagger by the hilt, blade down, and holding the blade over his heart.
<Princess_Herb> Brady shakes his head.   "That's what we have the rituals for, sir.   You may not care for the dead at all, but the rituals let them know that they're dead, and that they can't come back to the land of the living.   The rest is for the priests."
* Celanyth resheaths the blade and heads to Mulligan.
<Celanyth> Well boss, it's up to you.. We can head for the keep, and clean the stream on the return trip, or we can go clean it now.
<thorn> "So it is the actions! I thought so. The world works by rules; magic is the only way to bend the rules."
* Celanyth glances over his shoulder to Thorn.
<thorn> "She said we have to clean the source; this water looks pretty clean, bet we have to go to where the stream starts."
<Celanyth> If that's true, Thorn, then why is it I kept hearing the Magisters in the Milita talk about bending the forces with their will and minds?
* Celanyth heads off to the Wagon to grab some rations and then heads off into the woods to walk a quick patrol of the area, leaving Mulligan and the others to decide where to go.
* thorn waits for a minute to see fi the rituals are done, then goes to sit in the wagon
<Princess_Herb> The rituals don't take long at all, and soon the wagons are ready to roll again
* Hidoyou observes the surrounding landscape as they travel
<Princess_Herb> You cross the river, and then come at length to the lakeside where the good road has fallen into the water, requiring a detour via a rougher trail deeper into the woods.   "LIzardmen used to live there, or so they say," Mulligan tells you.
<Princess_Herb> </break>
* Rakhal is now known as Chandor
<Princess_Herb> Chandor and Mitchigan have a calmer time, travelling with the herders returning from market, sleeping out under the stars and swapping tales as they travel to make the journey the easier.
* Mitchigan_Goodyear says to Chandor, "...And then I told him "That's not a chicken! That's a DUCK!'"
* Chandor laughs politely
<Princess_Herb> The herders laugh at Mitchigan's old jokes, which may well be new to them.
* Chandor spends a little time mending tears in cloaks, and regaling people with tales of evil.
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> "Yes... those were good times."
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> "So my friend... Tell me more about yourself."
* Mitchigan_Goodyear says to one of the herders...
<Chandor> There isn't really much to tell really. I was raised on a farm, but I knew from a fairly early age that the farming life wasn't for me. It took a while, but I finally persuaded my father to let me become a priest, and here I am.
* Mitchigan_Goodyear turns to Chandor.
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> "Is that so? What was it that fasinated you for a life of the cloth?"
<Princess_Herb> The herders agree that some people are called to holiness, and that they might make terrible farmers.
* Mitchigan_Goodyear smiles...
<Chandor> The cloth itself actually. I'm fascinated by it, the patterns you can make with it, the designs you can create. And no designs are better than those of the gods.
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> "My own dream is to one day become the greatest paladin to have ever graced this world!"
<Chandor> My dream is to create the ultimate fashion, the design that embodies the divine and brings it into everyones lives.
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> "Hmm... Interesting. Perhaps with your fashion sense and my sense of justice, we can both carve our names into the rawhide of History!"
<Chandor> We shall. I feel it.
<Princess_Herb> On the last day of your journey, your travelling companions begin to drift away, one by one, heading for their own small farms.   Finally, as you approach the road turning that will take you from the Great North Road up to Kendall Keep, only you two remain.   You two, that is, and the three slowly trundling wagons you see ahead of you.
<Chandor> Shall we catch up to the wagons ahead?
* Mitchigan_Goodyear squints his eyes, and prepares to draw his sword at a moment's notice...
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> Proceed, but be cautious.
<Princess_Herb> The wagons are coming the other way down the road, but taking the same turning now that you must, up the inclined road to the keep.
* Chandor heads on towards the wagons, looking out for mischief.
* Hidoyou is still watching the surrounding area
* Celanyth darts out of the tree line, ducking behind a bush and launches a rock at Mulligan, and one at Hidoyou, to get their attention.
<Celanyth> roll 1d20+8
* Musk-bot --> "Celanyth rolls 1d20+8 and gets 11."
* thorn is singing blithely
<Princess_Herb> Chandor sees Celanyth clearly
* Chandor waves and says Hi!
* Mitchigan_Goodyear looks at Chandor
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> "Who do you wave to?"
<Chandor> There's someone in the bushes up ahead, throwing rocks for some odd reason.
* Celanyth looks up at the waving person and glances back towards the wagons, making a quick motion to the still out of sight wagons.
* Hidoyou looks over towards where the rocks came from
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> 1d20+spot+wis+2
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> roll 1d20+5
* Musk-bot --> "Mitchigan_Goodyear rolls 1d20+5 and gets 18."
<Princess_Herb> Mitchigan sees a shady figure where Chandor points
* Mitchigan_Goodyear sneers...
* Hidoyou draws his sword
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> "A bandit in the bushes! No doubt trying to rob good and honest people of their belongins!!!"
* Mitchigan_Goodyear draws his sword
* Hidoyou looks over towards thorn in the other wagon
* Celanyth sees the drawn blade, and darts back into the woods, heading further up the road.
* Chandor tries to discern if the figure is humon or not.
<thorn> "Hey, Hidoyou, did you want to sing along?  Oh, hey, are there people out there?" I stand up and squint
<Chandor> human.
* Hidoyou says sharply, "More bandits!"
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> "AFTER HIM MY FRIEND!!! FOR GREAT JUSTICE!!!!"
<Chandor> Careful. they may be unded.
<Chandor> undead.
<thorn> I jump out of the wagon, landing awkwardly, but trying to keep them between me and the bandits
<thorn> (them = "the wagons")
<thorn> I'd like to try making my way towards where hidoyou is
<Princess_Herb> OK
* Hidoyou readies for battle
* Mitchigan_Goodyear (Rockman_Ze@203-59-18-121.dyn.iinet.net.au) Quit (Connection reset by peer)
* Chandor holds his cross firmly and advances slowly
* Mitchigan_Goodyear (Rockman_Ze@203-59-18-121.dyn.iinet.net.au) has joined #kotb
* Mitchigan_Goodyear (Rockman_Ze@203-59-18-121.dyn.iinet.net.au) Quit (QUIT:  HydraIRC -> http://www.hydrairc.com <- State of the art IRC)
* Celanyth spins around and draws his bow, nocking an arrow, but not drawing it back, bringing the bow to the ready.
* Mitchigan_Goodyear (Rockman_Ze@203-59-18-121.dyn.iinet.net.au) has joined #kotb
* Mitchigan_Goodyear (Rockman_Ze@203-59-18-121.dyn.iinet.net.au) Quit (QUIT:  Want to be different? HydraIRC -> http://www.hydrairc.com <-)
* Chandor calls to Mitchigan "I'm not sure these are bandits. They don't usually have wagons..."
* Celanyth draws the arrow back, seeing them charge at him and yells out to them.
* thorn touches Hidoyou and covers him in energetic mage armor
<Celanyth> HOLD! STAND YOUR GROUND OR I PIN YOU TO IT!
* Mitchigan_Goodyear calls back...
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> BE SILENT AND DIE, FOUL SERVANTS OF EVIL!!!
* Celanyth mutters to himself.
<Celanyth> Great, zelots.
<Chandor> "Hold Mitchigan. Lets find out who these people are before we fight. I don't think they're undead"
* Celanyth takes aim on the swordsman.
<thorn> "Oh no, " I mutter to Hidoyou, "I think they're teetotalers"
<Celanyth> LAST CHANCE! STAND YOUR GROUND OR BREATHE THROUGH A NEW HOLE!
* Mitchigan_Goodyear halts himself and calls back to Chandor, "Uh... Are you SURE about that!?"
<Chandor> "Well, it's worth finding out first. If I'm wrong, THEN you can kill them!"
* Hidoyou looks out towards the shouting
* Mitchigan_Goodyear thinks for a minute...
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> "Okay, if you say so?"
* Celanyth glances back to the wagons and calls to Hideyou and Thorn.
<Celanyth> Hey! Get over here!
<Celanyth> Time to earn our pay!
* Mitchigan_Goodyear is rather unsure of this though...
* thorn pulls out the bow and arrows. "I'll earn it from back here, thanks!"
* Celanyth mutters to himself, yet again.
* Mitchigan_Goodyear calls out to the other group...
<Celanyth> Friggin' mages..
* Hidoyou grabs the left over shortbow and some arrows and jumps down into onto the trail
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> "OI! ARE YOU LOT UNDEAD OR WHAT?"
* Celanyth blinks and looks at Hidoyou.
<Celanyth> Uh...
<Celanyth> Is he stupid, or is it just me?
* Hidoyou snorts
* Celanyth calls to Thorn.
<Celanyth> Hey, you better cover us, and if I find out you *don't* know how to use that thing, I'm going to strangle you with it.
* Celanyth releases tension on his bowstring, replaces the arrow, and slings the bow, keeping a hand on his dagger hilt as he approaches Hidoyou.
<Celanyth> Well, come on, suppose we outta see what the mad man is ranting about..
* Celanyth heads towards them with Hidoyou.
<thorn> "Hey, don't be jealous just because I'm beautiful!"
* Hidoyou slings the bow and draws his sword
* thorn somehow preens while holding the bowstring back and taut
* Celanyth mutters under his breath.
<thorn> "Maybe I'll get her to introduce you to some of her friends!"
<Celanyth> Beautiful? We'll see how beautiful he is after I bash his face in with a rock.. I swear, if I get stabbed because he can't shoot that thing...
* Hidoyou approaches the confused Mitchigan
* Mitchigan_Goodyear calls back to Chandor
* Chandor walks up to catch up with Mitchigan
* Celanyth hangs a bit behind Hidoyou, one hand on a dagger, the other in his Dart Pouch.
* thorn switches targets to the less heavily armed chandor
<thorn> armored
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> "Uh... They seem a bit too intelligent for Undead. Can I kill them now?"
* Hidoyou raises his sword towards Mitchigan
* Hidoyou glares at him
<Chandor> "Unfortunately not. We shoudl really find out who they are and what they want.
* Celanyth tenses and drops his center of gravity, drawing a dagger and holding a dart at the ready.
* Mitchigan_Goodyear grumbles as he sheaths his sword...
* Celanyth glances back and forth between them and sheaths his dagger and replacing the dart into the pouch, but leaving his hand in the pouch.
* thorn lowers the bow, and starts coming towards the group
<Celanyth> Well, it seems as if one of you has a mind, at least.
<thorn> "Hey, they're friendly bandits!"
<Chandor> "Are you bandits?"
<Celanyth> Bandits? With wagons?
* Hidoyou approaches Mitchigan, sword still drawn
* Celanyth looks at Hidoyou.
<Hidoyou> Talk!
<Celanyth> Bandits have wagons now?
<Chandor> "Well, you never know, but I didn't think so"
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> "Well, you could be highway men for all we know!"
* Celanyth raises an eyebrow at Mitchigan.
<Celanyth> And you couldn't be, for all *we* know?
<Celanyth> After all, we have wagons, you don't. And you drew steel, as well.
<Chandor> "Good day. My name is Chandor, a priest of Wee Jas. As far as I know I'm not a bandit, but I have been sent here to root out evil.
<Hidoyou> roll 1d20+4 to demoralize Mitchigan
* Musk-bot --> "Hidoyou rolls 1d20+4 to demoralize Mitchigan and gets 20."
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> "Me? A lowly *THIEF*!?"
* Celanyth shrugs.
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> "BAH! For your information, I happen to be a paladin in training!!!"
<Celanyth> In training? Where's your Master, then?
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> roll 1d20+1+1
* Musk-bot --> "Mitchigan_Goodyear rolls 1d20+1+1 and gets 17."
<Celanyth> I'm sure he'd *love* to hear about how you drew steel on random people without warning or justification.
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> "Well... It just happens that I'm in special solo training."
* Celanyth coughs and glances at Hidoyou.
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> "And that he's tending t more important duties across the border."
* Mitchigan_Goodyear then frowns.
* thorn tries to defuse some tension. "Wow, that sounds exciting"
<Celanyth> Okay, then.... Paladin.... If you must know, we're escorting these tradesmen.
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> "So... can anyone explain why your friend was waiting in the bushes on the side of the road, throwing rocks at you?"
<thorn> "Him? " I laugh. "He, you know, gets bored easily."
* Celanyth grins at Thorn.
<thorn> "Come on, I'll buy you guys a drink at the Keep. Are you guys going to the Keep, by the way?"
<Celanyth> Indeed. And it's always a pleasent past time to hit Thorn here in the face with a rock.
* Hidoyou steps back and puts the tip of his sword into its sheath
* Mitchigan_Goodyear replies to thorn, "Very well my dear lady, but are you sure you can hold your liquor?"
* Celanyth gags and coughs while trying to hold back his laughter.
<thorn> "Lady!? Does *this*" I strut "look like a lady to you?"
* Chandor examines Thorn very carefully
* Celanyth laughs even harder.
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> "Um... Maybe? Your voice, I admit, does seem rather strange."
<thorn> "Hey, stop that! That nymph sure was impressed by me!"
* Mitchigan_Goodyear raises an eyebrow...
<Celanyth> Maybe.. *snorts with laughter* she was looking for someone to trade clothes with.
Session Time: Mon Sep 26 00:00:00 2005
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> "I've never heard of one lady taking that kind of liking to another... Then again, nymphs tend to do it with everything that's bipedial."
<Chandor> "interesting effect"
* thorn suddenly stops, and narrows my eyes. "What are you saying about her?"
* Celanyth grins.
* Hidoyou sheathes his sword and returns to the wagons
<Celanyth> Anything I want.
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> "Nothing... Just what I've heard about her kind."
<thorn> with an effort, I wrench myself back into diffusion mode. "Yeah, well, you seem the sort to believe everything you hear."
* Chandor approaches Thorn, and examines his clothing very closely to try to determine how this effect is created.
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> "Not really M'lady... But it is an interesting topic."
<Celanyth> Hey, Thorn, looks like you got another 'admirer.'
* Celanyth begins laughing at Thorn agian.
<thorn> I draw back, a little uncomfortable at how fine-looking Chandor is. "Maybe it's no wonder you leap to such conclusions regarding fine people, given your travelling companions"
* Mitchigan_Goodyear snorts.
<Celanyth> again*
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> Please, I'm already spoken for...
<Chandor> "New fashion ideas can be found everywhere. It is important to always be alert"
<Princess_Herb> Even from the road, the Keep is an impressive sight: a mighty castle perched on a flat-topped hill, with a path climbing steeply up beneath frowing guard towers until it reaches the main get.
<Celanyth> Whatever. Thorn, I'm going back into the woods. Entertain your... 'Admirers' as you please.
* Celanyth heads back into the woods to continue scouting.
<Princess_Herb> There are no more woods, now
<Princess_Herb> Crenellated battlements line the walls, offering plenty of cover for archers to attack any foe coming up the exposed path.
* Celanyth hops into his Wagon, then.
<Princess_Herb> The path up to the keep has been stripped of vegetation
<Princess_Herb> As you draw near, a clanging as of a great gong goes up from one of the towers that overlooks the path - clearly, your approach has been noticed.
<Princess_Herb> You continue on your way, your back itching as you try not to think about deadly arrows being launched in your direction.
<Chandor> "There is no lord here. The castellan is elected by the people who live here. Interesting idea"
<Princess_Herb> Following the curve of the path around to the side, you come to the great gate - a drawbridge flanked by thirty-foot-high watchtowers.
<Princess_Herb> As you approach, the guard on one of the towers hails you.
* Celanyth hops out of the wagon and hails the tower guard.
* Hidoyou watches the guard
<Princess_Herb> "HALT!" he cries.   "Who goes there, friend or foe?"
<Celanyth> Ho, friend! Tradesmen from Mosstown!
<Chandor> "I have been sent here on a holy mission"
<Princess_Herb> "Call out your names, friend."
<Chandor> "Chandor, Priest of Wee Jas"
<Celanyth> Mulligan is the convoy leader! I happen to be Celanyth!
<Princess_Herb> The three wagon-drivers call out their names
* Mitchigan_Goodyear calls out...
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> "I AM MITCHIGAN GOODYEAR! I RIGHT WRONGS AND TRIUMPH OVER EVIL! AND IF THAT MEANS YOU, THEN SO BE IT!!!!"
<Celanyth> ...
* Celanyth looks up at the guard.
<Celanyth> Don't mind him. His friend is a priest, giving him 'special' care.
<Princess_Herb> The guard looks blankly down.   "So, you're friends, right?   I'll open up."
* Celanyth rubs his temples.
<Celanyth> The things I get myself into...
* Celanyth heads into the town.
<Princess_Herb> Well, you head onto the drawbridge, while the portcullis is raised, and then wait a little longer while the inner door behind it is opened.
* Chandor looks around, noting flammable materials without noticing that that's what he's doing.
<Princess_Herb> A guard waits behind the door, a woman in gher mid thirties or so, dressed in chainmail.
* Hidoyou observes the town's defenses and movements of the guard
* Celanyth hails the guard.
<Celanyth> Greetings! How fare ye this day?
<Princess_Herb> "Welcome to Kendall Keep," she says, "I'm Sabine the Gatekeeper, and you'll find this is a peaceable place."
<Princess_Herb> "We don't like brawling, people getting stabbed in the tavern, or anything like that."
<Celanyth> Good policies.
<Celanyth> Do people listen to them often?
<Princess_Herb> "Keep your weapons sheathed when your within the walls, and stay out of trouble."
* Celanyth grins Sabine.
* Mitchigan_Goodyear grumbles...
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> This town blows! All the fun things are forbidden...
<Princess_Herb> "When they don't listen, they begin to wish they'd never came..."
* Celanyth shrugs.
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> "Too late, I'm wishing that right now..." Mitchigan mutters.
<Princess_Herb> </break>
* Celanyth (iron_drago@c-67-163-114-219.hsd1.tx.comcast.net) has left #kotb
* Mitchigan_Goodyear (Rockman_Ze@203-59-18-121.dyn.iinet.net.au) has left #kotb
* Disconnected
Session Close: Mon Sep 26 00:18:39 2005