Session 9-10-2005

Started by Prince Herb, October 16, 2005, 04:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prince Herb

Session Start: Sun Oct 02 20:27:08 2005
Session Ident: #kotb
* Now talking in #kotb
* Rakhal (WinNT@cpc4-hatf3-6-0-cust153.lutn.cable.ntl.com) Quit (Connection reset by peer)
* Rakhal (WinNT@cpc4-hatf3-6-0-cust153.lutn.cable.ntl.com) has joined #kotb
* Disconnected
Session Close: Sun Oct 02 22:17:04 2005

Session Start: Sun Oct 09 20:34:33 2005
Session Ident: #kotb
* Now talking in #kotb
* Seriumu (Dizzy@ip64-75-150-183.dial.aloha.net) has joined #kotb
* Rockman_Zero is now known as Mitchigan_Goodyear
* elisteran (user@dhcp37.cs.nmsu.edu) has joined #kotb
* elisteran is now known as thorn
* Iddy (iron_drago@c-67-163-114-219.hsd1.tx.comcast.net) has joined #kotb
* Iddy is now known as Celanyth
<Sailor_Dragon> And so, our brave heroes entered the Keep, having barely escaped the indignity of having to kill each other.
* Seriumu is now known as Hidoyou
* Hidoyou walks down the busy city streets
* Celanyth catches up with Hidoyou and paces him.
* Natsumi (Akirakaios@adsl-221-11-122.rmo.bellsouth.net) has joined #kotb
* Natsumi (Akirakaios@adsl-221-11-122.rmo.bellsouth.net) has left #kotb
<Celanyth> "Lets find us an inn, shall we? Followed quickly by ale and women."
* Hidoyou mutters to himself. "Where can I find a mage guild?"
<thorn> an inn sounds great. I can use a bath.. I'm almost surprised that elven woman could see my beauty through this dirt
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> Indeed... I haven't had a woman for a while myself.
<Celanyth> Trust me, they can.
<Celanyth> Until you open your mouth, that is.
* Celanyth smirks at Thorn.
<Sailor_Dragon> You are all standing in the outer courtyard of the Keep, in fact a small walled town, bustling with life
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> Celanyth, are you always this rude to her?
<thorn> oh, snarl all you want. I know you're just nervous being around civilization, you poor guard
<Celanyth> Eh, she kinda asks for it. Besides, she's looking for other women, so it's not like it matters.
* Hidoyou approaches one of the populus
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> ...
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> Other... women?
* thorn grits my teeth, then forces a smile
<Celanyth> Scout, frilly one. I'm a scout.
* Mitchigan_Goodyear scowls in disgust...
<thorn> sure, "guard". You two have fun going and doing guard-like things!
<Celanyth> And besdies, without scouts like myself, a dainty little thing would have no warning at all! Oh, how dreadful such things would be then!
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> And M'lady, I am NOT a poor guard... I'm a paladin trainee who's simply down on his luck.
* Celanyth mock gasps in horror at Thorn.
<thorn> now, if you don't mind, I'm going to go reaffirm my masculinity by getting a paycheck from our employer and seeing about a room
<Hidoyou> roll 1d20+4 to intimidate the citizen
* Musk-bot --> "Hidoyou rolls 1d20+4 to intimidate the citizen and gets 6."
<Sailor_Dragon> The man looks up from his work as Hidoyou approaches.   "G'day there, mate.   What can I do for you?"
<Celanyth> Actually, there's a good idea.. Hey, Hidoyou, lets get our money!
* Celanyth grins and head towards Mulligan.
<Sailor_Dragon> He sees the strange expression on Hidoyou's face.   "Are you taking something for your stomach-ache?"
* Mitchigan_Goodyear mutters, "Why would a woman need to reaffirm her masculinity?" as he follows Celanyth...
<Hidoyou> Tell me where I can find a library
* Celanyth pats Mitchigan on the shoulder.
<Celanyth> It's all part of the 'finding other women' thing.
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> Oh.
<Celanyth> I mean, even they know it isn't right, so one of them has to pretend to be the guy, right?
<Sailor_Dragon> "What's a library?" the fellow asks.
* Celanyth grins at Thorn's back and starts whistling innocently.
<Sailor_Dragon> "I don't think we have one here."
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> Celanyth: You know... we don't get that sort of thing where I come from. Usually those types are burned at the stake...
<Hidoyou> Do you have any wizards here?
<Hidoyou> Maybe temples?
* Celanyth turns to Mitchigan, "Really? That's a shame.. If you can catch em while they're at it.. Wow man. It's just.. Wow."
* Mitchigan_Goodyear ponders...
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> You know... Now that you mention it...
<Sailor_Dragon> "Ah, there's a wizard in the Green Man, sir," he replies, "and they say that the schoolmaster is one as well."
<Hidoyou> Where is this 'Green Man'?
<thorn> Hey, I'm a green man... at least, I've got some green clothes in my baggage!
<thorn> is that where you want to stay, hidoyou? I think we're free after we get paid
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> But you're a woman!
* thorn slaps hidoyou companiably on the back
* Mitchigan_Goodyear cries out incrediously
<thorn> no, the scout is blind
<Sailor_Dragon> The man gives you directions to the small courtyard where the Green Man stands next to the One-Eyed Cat.
* Hidoyou shrugs off thorn
<thorn> you should hear about the time he mixed up Ol' Mother Hubbard with an orc
<Celanyth> Blind eh? Well, then, you'd have no problem if I sent an arrow at you, would you?
* Celanyth grins cheerfully at Thorn.
* Mitchigan_Goodyear thinks he was insulted, but isn't sure why...
<thorn> You think I'm letting a blind person fire an arrow at me? Wow, that's rough: can't see, -and- touched in the head
<Celanyth> If I'm that blind and stupid, then there's no chance of me hitting you, right? What's say we make a bet on it?
<thorn> No thanks, I'll spare you your money, and I've got to get mine to buy nets to clear the stream!
* thorn grabs my bags and starts to head to the Green Man. "I might be buying the first round, folks"
<Sailor_Dragon> The carters have parked their wagons outside the warehouse and are talking to the overseer about their journey.   "...annd she had not a stitch on, by me eyes!"
<thorn> "hey, speak about her with some respect!" I call to them, a bit chidingly
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> Speak about who?
<Celanyth> There was a nymph in the forest.
<Celanyth> A *naked* nymph.
* Mitchigan_Goodyear 's eyes grow wide in shock...
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> Whoa!
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> How big were her Gazongas?
* Hidoyou mutters to himself. "Imbeciles."
* Hidoyou walks into the Green Man
* thorn follows Hidoyou
<Sailor_Dragon> The Green Man is a two-story building, half-timbered and with a thatchedroof
* Celanyth heads over to the wagons to collect his wages.
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> Ah... well, nevermind. Here, I'll help you with that Celanyth...
* Mitchigan_Goodyear follows after Celanyth.
<Sailor_Dragon> The interior is warm, and you can smell whatever it is cooking away in the kitchen - some kind of meaty dish, you note
* Hidoyou surveys the crowd
<Sailor_Dragon> There are perhaps twenty or so customers here right now.  The bouncer by the door is a tall woman in brass scale armour, her face hidden by a matching brass mask.   She has a spear by her side as well as a large knife.
* Celanyth heads to the Green Man after collecting his wages, catching up with the rest of the group.
<Sailor_Dragon> The inn appears to have three staff working tonight ; a middle-aged couple, probably the innkeeper and his wife, and a teenage girl who spends most of her time waiting tables.
* thorn heads over to talk to the bouncer, thinking we might have professional contacts in common
* Hidoyou approaches the innkeeper
* Celanyth raises an eyebrow at Thorn and follows to the innkeeper.
<Sailor_Dragon> The bouncer looks at thorn as he approaches, but says nothing.
* Mitchigan_Goodyear wanders off in search of a good strong drink...
<Celanyth> Ho, innkeeper, we need rooms, friend.
<Sailor_Dragon> The innkeeper is more forthcoming : "Good day, gentlemen, good day.   Rooms are a gold piece a night, or six for a whole week, a space on the floor is a silver, or two silvers if you need to hire a blanket."
<Celanyth> Aye, just one night room for now.
* thorn introduces myself to the bouncer. "Thorn Goodbeer. I was a concierge cum bouncer down at the Silver Stables, which you might have passed through?"
* thorn raise an eyebrow hopefully
* Celanyth hands over a gold coin.
<Sailor_Dragon> The bouncer looks at thorn, and says nothing
* Celanyth sees Thorn and sighs, then heads over to him, putting a hand on his shoulder and then speaking to the bouncer.
<Celanyth> Don't mind him. He's... addled. Long journey, you know how mages get.
* Hidoyou speaks to the innkeeper
* Rakhal (WinNT@cpc4-hatf3-6-0-cust153.lutn.cable.ntl.com) has joined #kotb
* Celanyth tightens his grip on Thorn's should and whispers to him, "Walk away now, while you can."
<Hidoyou> I'm looking for a wizard, or a library, or some other place of knowledge...
* thorn hisses back, "I believe I was talking to the lady. We folk in the inn-keeping business have professional courtesy"
* Rakhal is now known as Chandor
* Mitchigan_Goodyear walks into the Green Man, having decided to put of drinking for now...
* Celanyth growls back, "Yeah, I know, but she's not here to recieve 'professional courtesy.' She's here to toss troublemakers into the street, and YOU are causing her trouble by distracting her."
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> Umm... is this a bad time?
<Hidoyou> I heard there was a wizard here
<Sailor_Dragon> The innkeeper nods.   "There are a few people like that around here, sir.   The priest is a very knowledgeable man, and they say that the schoolmaster is a clever man despite his ways.   We have a wizard staying here as well."
<Sailor_Dragon> "She's a strange sort, as all wizards are, but she keeps herself to herself and pays on time."
<thorn> "bah." I toss my head, allowing the long hair to glimmer in the inn's light, and walk away
<Sailor_Dragon> The bouncer says nothing
<Hidoyou> Direct me towards her, then
* thorn comes up to hidoyou just in time to hear that. "You sly dog, you"
* thorn is determined to be cheerful and relax a bit
<Sailor_Dragon> "She will be easy to see when she comes down, sir.   Very pale, dresses only in black.   Her name's Aseneth."
<Hidoyou> Aseneth...
* Mitchigan_Goodyear frowns, but says nothing.
<Sailor_Dragon> "Will you be wanting to rent a room, sir?" The innkeeper asks, looking from face to face
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> Yes my good man! One night will do!
<Hidoyou> Who is this schoolmaster?
* Mitchigan_Goodyear hands the innkeeper a gold piece, and writes his name down on the ledger...
* Celanyth sighs at Thorn's reaction and turns to the bouncer.
<Sailor_Dragon> The innkeeper takes the coin and places it in the cashbox.   "A strange name you have, sir.   Are you related to Admiral Goodyear, who lost the fleet at the Battle of Lake Baratis?"
<Sailor_Dragon> The bouncer looks at Celanyth and says nothing
<Celanyth> "I apologize for him.. Here, take this and try not to break him in half if he bothers you later."
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> roll 1d20
* Musk-bot --> "Mitchigan_Goodyear rolls 1d20 and gets 8."
* Celanyth hands her a coin and heads back to the inkeeper with a grin and a wave.
<Celanyth> a gold coin*
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> Yes, he is my father!
<Sailor_Dragon> The bouncer taps Celanyth on the back and places the coin in his hand
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> A smear on our pride that was, but we bounced back from it?
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> I think?
* Celanyth returns it to his pouch.
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> Well there is the issue of my brother...
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> But youn don't want to hear about him.
<Celanyth> "Very well then.. Perhaps I can treat you to a meal later in way of apology, instead?"
<Sailor_Dragon> The innkeeper nods : "Of course, of course.   You must be tired of having to apologise to people."
<Sailor_Dragon> The bouncer says nothing
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> Yes. Yes I am.
* Celanyth shrugs and heads off with a wave.
<Hidoyou> My question. Who is this school headmaster?
<Sailor_Dragon> The innkeeper muses on this.   "His name's Dubricus D'Ambreville, one of the Chardshire D'Ambrevilles.   Very strange fellow, but his credentials are impeccable, of course."
<Sailor_Dragon> "He lives at 3 South Street, the road you passed along between here and the gate."
<Hidoyou> Three South Street...
<Hidoyou> You have been useful... some currency for you
* Hidoyou fishes out a silver piece and hands it to him
<Sailor_Dragon> The Innkeeper bows.
<Sailor_Dragon> "Thank you, sir."
<Sailor_Dragon> The innkeeper's wife calls him away at this point to change the barrel
<thorn> "So, we going to go so the teacher now?" I ask hidoyou quietly but lightly
<Hidoyou> We?
<thorn> I couldn't let you go to a stranger's by yourself! I'll need your help to clean the stream!
* Hidoyou sits at a table
* thorn wilts under hidoyou's gaze
<thorn> OK, maybe not.
* Chandor has been looking for the temple
* thorn puts my bags down, orders a stew, and decides to think about what's going on after I relax
<Sailor_Dragon> It's good stew, 5 cp, bread and small beer included
<Sailor_Dragon> Meanwhile, Chandor has found the castle chapel
<Sailor_Dragon> It's a simple stone building with a peaked slate roof, nestled in against the north wall of the keep, near the gate to the citadel itself.
* Chandor enters the chapel to see if he can find the local priest
<Sailor_Dragon> You enter the chapel and immediately locate him
<Sailor_Dragon> A priest of St Cuthbert from his liturgical vestments, you suppose
<Chandor> Good evening. I bring greetings from the High Priest of Wee Jas in Bridgeford
* Chandor bows deeply
<Sailor_Dragon> He's a tall, darkskinned man dressed in priestly robes, and is lighting the chapel candles as you enter
<Sailor_Dragon> He turns and makes a salutation with his right hand.   "May the Gods favour you."
<Sailor_Dragon> "I am the Reverend Abercrombie, chaplain to the keep."
* Celanyth approaches Mitchigan.
<Chandor> "Could you recommend a good place where accomodation may be found in this town?
<Celanyth> Friend Paladin, I was wondering if I might ask a favor of your honor?
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> Yes you can my friend! Yes you can!
<Sailor_Dragon> "Unless you are a member of the Merchant's Guild, there is only a single inn in the town, the Green Man.   If you have only one servant or so, it's a fine place to stay."
<Celanyth> Excellent. I have business of a personal matter I need to take care of and I'd rather not carry my pack around, could I perhaps entrust it's care to you?
<Celanyth> I would simply leave it in my room, but prying hands do just that, don't they?
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> Indeed they do... Curse those hands.
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> Very well! I shall guard your belonging, with my very life if need be!
<Celanyth> Thank you much, friend Paladin!
* Celanyth claps Mitchigan on the shoulder.
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> Even if it means that I would face several hundred million painful deaths one after another, I would guard them!
<Chandor> "Thank you very much. In addition what do you know of a hidden temple near the caves of chaos. I have been sent to investigate it and any information would be very useful"
<Celanyth> After all, if you can't trust a true Paladin, who can you trust?
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> Even if a dragon were to threaten me, ven if a foul fiend of the deapths were to try and wrench them from my grasp, not even my lifeless husk would yield your belongings to them!!!
* Celanyth takes off his pack and hands it to Mitchigan after taking several small bundles out of the pack, and hiding them on his person.
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> My friend! I am a Paladin of his word!
<Celanyth> Excellent, anything less would not be the stuff a true Paladin is made of.
<Celanyth> I'll see you in a few hours, my friend.
<Sailor_Dragon> The chaplain nods.   "I can tell you little about this Hidden Temple, but the Caves of Chaos are well-known in these parts.   If you have questions that I can't answer, I can always ask among my congregation."
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> Farewell!
* Celanyth turns and heads out of the inn, cheerfully waving at the bouncer as he leaves.
* Mitchigan_Goodyear then realizes that since he's not a paladin, his word AS a paladin doesn't really mean much...
<Chandor> "We may need to go there. I gather they were cleared, but would you know if there have been any sightings of renewed inhabitation?
<Sailor_Dragon> "There are rumours, but only rumours..." he says
* Chandor bows again and thanks the priest for his help
* Chandor then makes a donation (1sp) towards the chapel upkeep and heads to the Green Man
<Sailor_Dragon> "Wait," the chaplain says, "come to see me tomorrow, and I shall have one of the hunters here to tell you about the Caves."
<Chandor> "Thank you again, that would be most useful"
* Hidoyou keeps a careful gaze around him, and towards the door of the inn
<Sailor_Dragon> Hidoyou's keen eyes perceive Chandor coming through the front door
* Hidoyou considers Chandor for a short moment
* Chandor moves towards the bar and orders a drink
<Sailor_Dragon> The serving girl brings Chandor a small glass of sherry
* Chandor sips it gently and hopes it wasn't too expensive :)
* Celanyth wanders around town, carefully studying the house and working his way closer to the keep.
<Celanyth> roll 1d20+1
* Musk-bot --> "Celanyth rolls 1d20+1 and gets 17."
<Sailor_Dragon> roll 1d4+1
* Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Dragon rolls 1d4+1 and gets 2."
<Sailor_Dragon> A couple of hours of scouting reveals to Celanyth that the most likely looking target in the lower bailey is the Merchant's Guild - plenty of transients, and rich ones at that
* Mitchigan_Goodyear , having had his fill of food and drink for the night, yawns and picks up the pack Celanyth left with him.
<Mitchigan_Goodyear> Well my friends, I bid you goodnight. Should you need me for anything, you know my room...
* Mitchigan_Goodyear leaves the table and heads upstairs...
<Sailor_Dragon> While Celanyth scouts the town, Hidoyou waits in the inn.   Finally, after it's properly dark outside, he sees his target coming down the stairs
* Hidoyou rises slowly and approaches the wizardess
<Sailor_Dragon> She's fairly young, perhaps 18 or so, with long black hair, pale skin, and blue eyes.   She's dressed entirely in black, apart from a little silver jeewllery with a tasteful skull motif.
* Hidoyou examines the skull jewelery
* Chandor attempts to watch her without it being obviuous that he's doing so.
<Hidoyou> Are you Aseneth?
<Sailor_Dragon> She starts.   "Um, yes..."
<Sailor_Dragon> "I'm, uh, Aseneth."
<Sailor_Dragon> She looks around nervously.
* Hidoyou frowns slightly
* thorn is nodding off at my table, in my stew
<Hidoyou> I heard you are a wizard
<Hidoyou> Where did you learn your magic? Is there a school nearby?
<Sailor_Dragon> "I am, though I prefer the older term.   I like to call myself a "wicce*."
<Sailor_Dragon> "It means wise woman in Olde."
<Chandor> roll 1d20+5
* Musk-bot --> "Chandor rolls 1d20+5 and gets 14."
<Sailor_Dragon> "I studied with my master from the age of twelve," she says, "until I gained my own athame.   That was a long way away, though.   I don't think there's much of a school nearby.   I did hear tell that a learned wizard lives near here, but I haven't found him yet."
* Hidoyou sighs
<Sailor_Dragon> "I would like to study with such a wizard or wicce," she says, "I'm sure we would both learn a lot."
<Hidoyou> I'm looking for a library of arcane knowledge...
* Hidoyou considers
<Sailor_Dragon> "Oh!" Aseneth says.   "Well, if you find one, would you let me know about it?"
<Hidoyou> Any library, for that matter
<Sailor_Dragon> "I'd like to see one of those, especially if it's not far off..."
* Hidoyou mutters audibly and walks off, finished with the young 'wicce'
<Sailor_Dragon> Meanwhile, Celanyth scouts out the Guildhouse...
<Celanyth> roll 1d20+6
* Musk-bot --> "Celanyth rolls 1d20+6 and gets 7."
<Sailor_Dragon> It seems unprotected
<Sailor_Dragon> No guards, no traps, the doors not seriously locked
<Celanyth> roll 1d20+1 to gather info on the guild house
* Musk-bot --> "Celanyth rolls 1d20+1 to gather info on the guild house and gets 10."
<Sailor_Dragon> There are front and back doors, and shuttered windows on both the ground and upper floors
* thorn awakes with a stir from my stew, and calls the inn keeper over, paying to sleep in the common room
* Chandor inquires as to accomodation costs.
<Sailor_Dragon> Aseneth eats her specially made beef broth and sneezes since there's too much pepper in it...
<Celanyth> roll 1d20+10 to sneak over to the building
* Musk-bot --> "Celanyth rolls 1d20+10 to sneak over to the building and gets 25."
* Celanyth heads towards the building, keeping in the shadows cast by the guildhouse it's self, stopping under one of the second story windows.
<Sailor_Dragon> The innkeeper tells you the prices : "Good evening, reverend sir.   Rooms are a gold piece a night, or six for a whole week, a space on the floor is a silver, or two silvers if you need to hire a blanket."
* Chandor pays a silver for a space on the floor
<Sailor_Dragon> roll 1d20+? to see if anyone notices
* Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Dragon Dice Error: Invalid arguments in the attempted roll"
<Sailor_Dragon> roll 1d20+ ? to see if anyone notices
* Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Dragon Dice Error: Invalid arguments in the attempted roll"
<Sailor_Dragon> roll 1d20 + ? to see if anyone notices
* Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Dragon rolls 1d20 + ? to see if anyone notices and gets 1."
<Sailor_Dragon> No one is there to even see the shadowy figure sneak up to the building
* Celanyth inspects the wall, trying gauge the difficulty to climp up to the second floor window.
<Sailor_Dragon> The walls are ashlar, but if you climb up at the corner where the rusticated blocks are, it will be easier
* Celanyth heads over to the corner and begins to climb.
<Celanyth> roll 1d20 to climb the building
* Musk-bot --> "Celanyth rolls 1d20 to climb the building and gets 4."
<Sailor_Dragon> This is harder than it looks, Celanyth realises, as he drops back to the ground.   If he'd been higher, that fall would have been dangerous.
* Celanyth gets up from his fall, rubs his arse and sneaks over to one of the first floor windows, listening for any movement from within.
<Celanyth> roll 1d20+6
* Musk-bot --> "Celanyth rolls 1d20+6 and gets 11."
<Sailor_Dragon> Celanyth hears nothing but the sound of normal conversation, though he can make out few of the words
* Celanyth heads over to the next window, making a mental note of that room and to avoid it.
<Celanyth> roll 1d20+6
* Musk-bot --> "Celanyth rolls 1d20+6 and gets 7."
<Sailor_Dragon> Celanyth hears nothing
Session Time: Mon Oct 10 00:00:00 2005
* Celanyth takes a quick peak into the window, trying to keep hidden as much as possible.
<Celanyth> roll 1d20+6
* Musk-bot --> "Celanyth rolls 1d20+6 and gets 25."
<Sailor_Dragon> Celanyth peers into the spotless and well appointed kitchen through a crack in the shutters
<Sailor_Dragon> He sees an old woman slowly bringing a tray in through the door and placing it quietly on the table
* Celanyth watches for a few minutes to see if she leaves or not.
* thorn (user@dhcp37.cs.nmsu.edu) Quit (QUIT: away)
<Sailor_Dragon> She makes another pot of coffee, places it on the tray and carries it away
* Celanyth heads to the next window and tries to hear anything inside.
<Celanyth> roll 1d20+6 to hear anything
* Musk-bot --> "Celanyth rolls 1d20+6 to hear anything and gets 7."
<Sailor_Dragon> Celanyth hears nothing
* Celanyth heads to the furthest window and peaks inside.
<Celanyth> roll 1d20+6 to see anything
* Musk-bot --> "Celanyth rolls 1d20+6 to see anything and gets 24."
<Sailor_Dragon> The shutters are closed, and it's dark inside, so nothing can be made out clearly
* Celanyth tests the shutters to see if they're locked.
<Sailor_Dragon> The shutters are barred
* Celanyth heads to the other window and attempts to peak in.
<Celanyth> roll 1d20+6 to see anything
* Musk-bot --> "Celanyth rolls 1d20+6 to see anything and gets 22."
* Celanyth sneaks over to the door and checks if there's a crack to peer through.
<Sailor_Dragon> The door is much more solidly built, but Celanyth peers through the keyhole
<Celanyth> roll 1d20+6
* Musk-bot --> "Celanyth rolls 1d20+6 and gets 16."
<Sailor_Dragon> It looks like a scullery
<Sailor_Dragon> There's light coming from an open door, lighting up the washtub and assorted cleaning materials, but no one can be seen
<Celanyth> roll 1d20+7 to try to pick the lock
* Musk-bot --> "Celanyth rolls 1d20+7 to try to pick the lock and gets 22."
<Sailor_Dragon> This is a fairly average lock, but Celanyth is toiling
<Celanyth> roll 1d20+7 to keep working on the lock
* Musk-bot --> "Celanyth rolls 1d20+7 to keep working on the lock and gets 20."
* Musk-bot --> "Celanyth rolls 1d20+7 to keep working on the lock and gets 18."
* Musk-bot --> "Celanyth rolls 1d20+7 to keep working on the lock and gets 21."
* Musk-bot --> "Celanyth rolls 1d20+7 to keep working on the lock and gets 8."
* Sailor_Dragon rolls 1d20 +? to see if anyone notices
<Sailor_Dragon> roll 1d20
* Musk-bot --> "Sailor_Dragon rolls 1d20 and gets 4."
* Celanyth flexes his hands, grits his teeth, and goes back to work.
* Musk-bot --> "Celanyth rolls 1d20+7 to keep working on the lock and gets 18."
* Musk-bot --> "Celanyth rolls 1d20+7 to keep working on the lock and gets 26."
<Sailor_Dragon> The lock finally gives way!
* Celanyth slowly opens the door and slips in, closing it behind him, and staying in the shadows as he approaches the doorway.
<Sailor_Dragon> And...   We shall find out what happens next time!
* Celanyth (iron_drago@c-67-163-114-219.hsd1.tx.comcast.net) has left #kotb
* Disconnected
Session Close: Mon Oct 10 00:23:17 2005