News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

Appreciations of the day

Started by thepanda, November 25, 2005, 11:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

Kinda felt like a jerk for a little bit and then got amused by it since it ended up benefiting me.

Was playing hearthstone and after playing a bunch of games on Mage, I swapped classes to Priest. Unfortunately, I kept healing the opponent, thinking I still had a mage's hero power (it's been a long day and I just wanted to hit rank 20 after months of not playing on the ranking ladder).

Could have killed the opponent multiple times and I think he felt like I was just BM'ing him. Finally DID beat him...and apparently queued into him again and he immediately conceded.

I honestly wasn't trying to screw with him, but hey it got me a free victory and sped up the process, so I'll take it.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Free is usually the best price.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

The Falcon 9 Heavy rocket launched successfully and the launchers returned successfully to Earth today.

Today is a great day for human advancement.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Big 'ol SpaceX rocket. Most powerful rocket in history since NASA's Saturn V rocket. Launched its payload into space toward Mars and then the boosters returned to Earth, landing at their designated site to be reused later.

Huge accomplishment for SpaceX and reusable rocket tech.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/06/science/falcon-heavy-spacex-launch.html

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Arakawa

Started job, spent last week with no instructions to do anything as manager was ill the entire week. Enjoyed it while I can.
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

KLSymph

I have reached platinum league in Starcraft 2, which is supposedly the upper half of Starcraft 2 players.

I have only played seventeen matches against actual people in Starcraft 2.

Anastasia

Tired but in a good way. That's always nice instead of the deep, overwhelming exhaustion that gets me sometimes.
<Afina> Forever.

Benedicto

I appreciate the people who helped me this morning for helping me when my car broke down. Those people saw me that I have an injured right arm and I can't remove the tire myself. Those kids are very good young ins! ;)

Anastasia

Getting hives, but only on my hand. Hopefully they pass soon and I don't break out completely.
<Afina> Forever.

Ranma_007

Hit legend in wild and legend in standard, back to back, in Hearthstone this season. I've hit legend in wild before, but wanted to see how rough standard was.

Used Tempo Secret Mage, in case you were curious. Here's the deck - AAECAc2xAgbAAcMBqwS/CKO2AqLTAgxxuwKVA+YElgXsBde2Auu6Aoe9AsHBApjEAo/TAgA=

Anastasia

Congratulations, man. (I think. I don't do Hearthstone.)
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Quote from: Anastasia on March 23, 2018, 10:02:17 PMCongratulations, man. (I think. I don't do Hearthstone.)

There's two "ladder" brackets for Hearthstone that reset every month for ranks, from rank 25 down to rank 1. One allows all cards ever released, one allows only the last two years of cards. After a number of wins in Rank 1 in a particular bracket, you hit Legend rank for that bracket, which starts having it's own ranking system. At the end of the month, you get some card rewards for hitting a certain rank, with Legend rank getting best rewards.

Your rewards only consider which bracket you hit highest rank on though, so there's not much reward for hitting Legend in both brackets outside of personal satisfaction. Considering how long it can take to hit Legend in one bracket though? Hitting in both is probably pretty satisfying.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.