News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Appreciations of the day

Started by thepanda, November 25, 2005, 11:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Dracos

What?  There's a limit to how much people want to talk to people?
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

I was thinking more that it wasn't going to be the cash cow they thought it would be, and that much seems to be true.

~exploding tag~

thepanda

Finally got two training classes scheduled for work that I've been trying to get into since March. Once taken I'll get a raised and be able to add 25 hours of extra easy work to my week just about whenever I feel like it!

Brian

I am checking out a new apartment this afternoon.

I probably won't take it just because it's the first place I'll be looking at.

But man, is it cheap. o_o

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Hum, more friends are getting apartments in redwood city.  *eyes neighbors*
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Any of them looking for roommates?

I found a place I can get.  In fact, I probably will get it.

But it's pretty abysmal.  I strongly suspect I'll take a six month lease to look for a better place.

I dunno.  If I get a cat like I'm planning, then....  Eh.  Erg.  Oh well.

I'll probably be moving in two weeks, then.

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Brian

So, today started off pretty bad.  Same cycle as yesterday involving waking up too early, checking messages I should wait to wake up to handle, and then, bleah.

So, depressed about my latest failure to deliver the message I tried to tell, I stumble to work in the same routine as always.  Just as I'm mulling over the various small issues that caused everything to fall apart for me, a song comes on the radio hilighting exactly the issues I wasn't handling well.

Haha, okay, dramatic irony/timing, whatever.  I turn my eyes to the road since I'm driving to work, haunted by music I can't be bothered to shut off--
Spoiler: ShowHide

...okay.  Okay, that's ... interesting.  So I continue to drive towards bifrost on the drive to work, and just as the song ends (and the highway turns), I look back, wondering if the entire thing could possibly be any more surprising, and:
Spoiler: ShowHide
This picture doesn't capture it well, but when I turned around (as though I had passed beneath the arch), it was a double rainbow):

Okay.  I can feel that I'm making the right choice about this.

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

I am one of over a thousand people applying for a job on the other side of the country. FINGERS CROSSED!
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

sarsaparilla

Brian, I have a dark suspicion of being the depressing person behind those messages that have caused you all that chagrin, two days in a row already ... but still, you're taking pictures while driving a car on a highway, first on the front and then ... on the back view? I'd have trouble taking a picture while standing still on a walkway so I don't even pretend to understand how you manage that feat....

Brian

You didn't see the other 8 shots that were blurry, etc.... >_>;;  The good pictures were taken when traffic came to a full stop, because the people in my locality don't understand how to drive responsibly in the rain.  Even though my hands shake, I tend to have remarkably good coordination -- I'm holding the phone in one hand and actually using my knuckle to hit the 'capture' button for both of those shots.

I think I can be somewhat proud of those, even though they're still obviously amateur shots.

The depressing person would be me, though.  But that's fine; this is a necessary step forward, and I've learned something from it.  Evidently, I just needed a song I'd heard a million times before and some rainbows to make everything hit me like a truck as it all fit together.

But this is the appreciations thread, so, I appreciate that I've gotten through all of that and found something positive to move towards.

Edit: Oh, to be more specific, the messages involve certain people raising trouble against me on other websites.  They seem dissatisfied with driving me away from just ff.net.  Things tend to happen to me in an 'all at once' manner....  The whole thing is rather disheartening.

~exploding tag~

Brian

The company that sent my order to the wrong address offered to send me another shipment to the correct address.  I have to cover shipping costs again, but that's really not so bad a deal.

Aces; one thing going right so far today already.

Now, if I get a positive response to that last message I sent out there, this could end up being a truly good day....

~exploding tag~

Brian

Legend; the apartment I was looking at is now being held for me.  On Monday I should be able to secure it.

~exploding tag~

Brian

Partial success?  It seems I've managed to get one of my recent incredibly stressful issues to go away.

* Brian crosses fingers.

~exploding tag~