News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Kiritsugu File 1-0 (Summoning of ********)

Started by Carthrat, December 23, 2005, 02:25:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthrat

The ancient monitor fuzzes a bit before operating properly, faded colour washing across the screen. The screen displays a darkened room, lit only by low-hanging electric lamps and light spilling in from an open door, nearby. "23:00" displays across the bottom of the picture, blocking out a few details.

A shadow blocks out a little light, but then comes into a focus- a man, tall, clad in a coat. Fuzzy hair and narrow eyes can be seen as he glances around the room, not noticing the camera. Not many details can be made across his person.

He seems lost in thought for a moment, but turns, and begins producing some odd objects. A battered, hardcover book, a knife, and some jewlery of some kind.

"..doesn't matter.."

His voice is low, but a little still gets through on the video. He walks into the middle of the room.

"..fighting in the war twice *crackle*.."

He concentrates for a moment, placing a hand in front of his eyes.. and suddenly, a flair of static echoes across the picture, and the screen blacks out.

Another soon begins (23:05), this time from another angle- the roof of the room, gazing down at the man. Now the floor can be seen easily- it is covered with symbols, pentagrams, circles..

"I am Magi! And I declare myself a Master- the 'one who seeks'," he begins. "On the alter of my will, I place my mind, body, and my very soul. To the fates I cast my spirit, but from the fates I demand a boon."

The symbols and lettering on the ground seem to glow slightly, and the mans hair flickers as if buffeted by wind. A low hum revereberates throughout the room. The book he is holding in one hand flaps from page to page, as if it's being read by the wind.

"Heroes from outside time, you spirits who sold your souls to the blade. I call on you now, from Olympus, from Hades, from Tartarus, from Heaven. Valhalla fast comes to the world, but one of you is already bound."

The entire screen tints red, slightly, and begins to shake. The area around that is not part of the man or pentagram dims visibly, until only he can be seen. The camera sputters a moment, but the picture seems viable.. picking up the intricate pattern the man carves into his arm with the knife. Grimacing, he speaks as he carves-

"My blood is yours, and your blood is mine. Your spirit is my life, and my life sustains your spirit. Through blood we are linked, and we fight as one. Victory, defeat, rewards, reprecussions- we suffer them, and gladly- closer than brothers, closer than sisters."

The red of the screen intensifies, flickering, until it blocks out almost the entire screen! The camera flickers and then winks out, leaving behind snow- but the mans voice can still be heard through it.

"In battle we will be tested, and then united in spirit. But mind and budy will suffice for now! Through form, body, blood, and magic, I command you, Servant! Rise, and know your master!"

The snow on the screen continues for a while, but a camera located in another angle was obviously present, as it shows the man, standing in the room, and... something. What? A.. human-shaped glow, a white and red will'o'the wisp, hovering in front of him, over him? Words are caught from the mage-

"I am.. your name?"

A pause. Then-

"There are many response *static*.. This war is my only *static*.. still have work."

A short pause. The mans face registers surprise, but he speaks again..

"I was expecting Lancer, but... *static*."

"Most Masters have not done this before.. now, let us head.. to the roof, yes."

The man turns, and walks towards the camera- it was positioned above the door, perhaps? The spirit follows him, and then the noise of the elevator moving up can be heard, leaving the dark room behind them.

A moment later, the picture cuts to the room of a building. The man- and the strange light- are standing at the edge, gazing out across the beautiful cityscape- this is Fuyuki City, a place where dreams are made.. and shattered.

The man turns to the light again, but his words can't be made out by this camera. After a short 'discussion', both head back towards the camera again, soon vanishing.

The screen cuts to black, and nothing more can be seen...
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up