News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Insane Arc

Started by Carthrat, September 02, 2002, 07:21:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthrat

OOC: Well, sorry for not posting recently.

I shall not make excuses!

IC: Heezan and Lallie practically slammed into Hammerfist, being typically blind in the dense undergrowth.

Behind Hammerfist towered Fred, looking decidedly upset, as nobody knew where John and Jean had gotten to. Only that they'd apparently doubled back and left, best they could surmise from the tracks they found.

Unfortunately, they'd began covering their trail after they got out the scrub, and nobody could tell where they'd gone.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Kwokinator

Heezan slammed into the dwarf and stumbled back a few steps, holding his stomach.

"Ow..." he groaned. "It's like hitting a brick wall..."

"Hey!" he cried after noticing who he slammed into. "It's you!  Where'd John and the thief girl go?  I was following them!  Why're YOU here?"

Rezantis

Fred cut in before Hammerfist could reply.

"We are HERE in the NAME of the CAUSE, HEATHEN!  I would SMITE you for your OBVIOUS HERESY, but for NOW there are more pressing matters!  In the name of the CAUSE, we must FIND our LOST COMPANIONS!"

He paused and took a breath.

"THEN I can smite you!"
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.

Kwokinator

Heezan sweatdropped.

"Hey!" he cried. "We were looking for them too!  Then YOU bumped into us and stopped us!  It's your fault!"

calendar

Lallie nodded seriously.  "I think we're slightly off track though.  I can't hear anything at all."

"Do you know which direction they went?"

OOC:  Ooh, this may be a sucky computer, but I'm loving the keyboard.  *clickety-click*  ^_^  I'm in Yearbook class right now.
 Princess_Herb turns into the sexy girl soldier, Sailor_Dragon
*** Princess_Herb is now known as Sailor_Dragon
* Unseen is vaguely creeped out
<Calendar> Only vaguely?

Rezantis

"Alas, for I DO not KNOW.  However... the CAUSE knows ALL!  The CAUSE will GUIDE us, and IN the NAME of the CAUSE we will FIND out MISSING comrades AND complete OUR holy MISSION!"

Spinning around, Fred picked a random direction.

"The CAUSE tells me to go THAT way!"

OOC:  GM's call!  MUAHAHA!
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.

Carthrat

And the direction was... NORTH!

Kwokinator

"Alright," Heezan agreed, beginning to walk towards the direction of north. "But if you lead us down a cliff or something, there's gonna be a fireball spell waiting for you."

Carthrat

The little group headed North.

And very quickly, as was expected of a party grown of such... individuals, got lost within the Greycloak Forest.

The Greycloak Forest itself was huge. Largely untouched by humanoid hands, it maintained some kind of strange mystery, as if there was something within that was utterly priceless...

Unbeknownest to the adventurers, this was the result of a miscast 'Find the Path' spell combined with some Wild Mythal and a Slaad.

But they didn't know that.

All they had was this strange feeling that there was *something* in the forest worth looking for...

No feeling at all like something in the forest was looking for them.

CyMage

Greysol Darkplain frowned as the heroes separated.  This was not forseen in the old legends.  The group was supposed to ignore their mercenary impulses and save the princess.

Taking a long puff from his pipe, he wondered where it all went wrong.  "At this rate, I might have to get involved soon."

He's history...play with fire and you get burned."-Magus

And then the mage drew his two handed sword.  "Shit! We're screwed!"