News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Class based stat locking

Started by Dracos, July 03, 2006, 12:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Merc complained about this last night.  I think it was semi suggested that dex get a rogue boosted version.  Personally, while I think strength is uberized a bit much (okay, ridiculously much based on both designer stupidity and the fact that they don't provide ways to boost strength usually save 'set' items which tend to lock out growth), I'd rather instead that the strength/con blocks on other classes get removed and everyone use the same table.  Class bonuses should be in the classes, and the stats should define the person before class even comes into question.  A person who is naturally strong shouldn't be weaker because he's a cleric that wields a sledge and frankly, mages are gimpy enough hp wise without being locked out of ever slipping on magical con boosters.

so, in short: Suggested, dropping the class based stat lockouts and no instituting of new ones.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Carthrat

[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Anastasia

Mmmm. I'm willing to bend on strength - with the way the stat boosters work in this game there isn't a huge issue with a non warrior getting a 19 strength in theory. I would rather keep con how it is, however. HP scores are high enough in general without adding extra bloat.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Carthrat

[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Dracos

Ana: Yeah, but that wouldn't affect us at all on the high end and would help actually mean something for mages.

That said, won't fight on it =p  I'm more putting it out there for fairness to all.  I think 3rd ed was right in their change there.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.