News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Adventure 14 - Side fun and shenanigans!

Started by Anastasia, July 06, 2006, 12:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

08:39] <Kotono> ----
[08:43] <Kotono> So two weary elves rest at Seraphin's Bleeding Heart. Once again the mysterious owner is barely seen in passing, giving you the oddest shivers. But it doesn't matter this evening. You listen to bardic music with your feet up and good ale in your belly, the room agreeable today. So the song ends, a bit of time to relax and drink up before today's next entertainment.
[08:45] * Saul yawns a little, setting down the knife and fork he was just using to eat a decent roast. "I could probably live here," he muses, putting his feet on the table and sipping a glass of wine.
[08:48] * Elaine shrugs. "Nothing beats home...even if it comes with an overprotective mother," Elaine replies.
[08:49] <Saul> "Like I'd know," shoots back Saul, setting down his glass. "On either count. Sheesh."
[08:50] <Kotono> "Ladies and gentleman!" Now another man comes to the front. As the patrons of the inn watch him, you find tey have good reason to do so. Wearing a bright red robe like crimson blood with blue stripes, his outfit clases with the yellow leggings and black boots he wears.
[08:50] * Saul turns to face the man, sure that all forms of entertainment get better the more wine you drink.
[08:52] <Kotono> A short man - nay, a tall dwarf. His beard is red with streaks of gray, bespeaking his venerable age. His walk is firm despite this, back straight. "Allow me to introduce myself, Lords and Ladies. I am Zoalgus, the champion of games of chance!" So he bows, hands coming out with two dice in each when he rises, open palmed and to be seen. Ivory white dice, pristine and well made.
[08:53] <Saul> A huckstar! Saul clears his mind- this is no time to not be in possession of all his faculties!
[08:54] <Kotono> Your friends and barmates around you stare, one loud man calling, "Ah bullshit on Orial's grave! You ain'tgonna beat me at craps, let 'lone Lucky Svenson!"
[08:55] <Kotono> "I'm afraid to inform you that you're mistaken, good sir!" Bowing to the loud, angry human, "I can and will beat anyone. For example...there! The elven merchant and his lovely bride!" So Saul and Elaine are pointed to, eyes on them!
[08:56] <Elaine> "I'd take you at a guessing game, cause you're a loser at those apparently. We're not married," Elaine replies with a raised eyebrow.
[08:56] <Saul> "YET!"
[08:57] <Kotono> ""oooh...yeah!" Another rowdy human calls, throwing back the rest of his ale hard. "Hey, those are Saul'n'Elaine, they're part of one of those really good adventurin' troupes!"
[08:57] * Elaine eyes Saul with his own raised eyebrow.
[08:57] <Kotono> "All the better, all the better! Then you're one up on me already, soon to be remedied! Come, come!" Gesturing Saul and Elaine forward, "Come and put your Griffons where your mouth is."
[08:58] <Saul> "Oh, go ahead, darling," says Saul, drunkenly. "Waukeen smiles upon you, now!"
[09:01] * Mai (corwin@bzq-88-155-179-67.red.bezeqint.net) has joined #dunes
[09:01] * Elaine rolls her eyes. "You're not allowed to drink from now on," Elaine comments as she stands up after shaking her head. Pulling a griffon from her money bag, and flipping it over to the man, she saunters up to the gambler. "Alright then, let's see what you've got, big shot."
[09:02] * Saul mumbles incoherent words while all eyes are on Elaine, not quite as drunk as he actually looks. Good thing the flashing lights are optional...
[09:02] <Kotono> roll 1d20
[09:02] * Saul sets mode: +v Hatbot
[09:02] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20 and gets 2."12 [1d20=2]
[09:02] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20 and gets 7."12 [1d20=7]
[09:04] <Kotono> Dice fly by Saul's head, missing him from the dwarf! "Thank you, Madam! Sir Saul, I would like to ask that you refrain from witchery! Even I can't compete against the fell magics of the world!" His voice is sharp and alert, brown eyes noting Saul.
[09:05] <Saul> "Apologies and salutations, my friend," replies Saul, standing up, flimsily. "I promise you, just an enchantment to sober myself for the coming contest!"
[09:09] <Kotono> "Then come," He beckons nonetheless, dicein hand. "We will play a simple game to start. Surely even a learned cleric such as yourself knows how to play simple high and low?"
[09:14] <Saul> "Humour me," replies Saul, standing up and starting to walk towards the man.
[09:15] <Kotono> "Simple as Orial himself!" Chucking, "Just roll the dice and whomever rolls highest wins!" So he says, seemingly at ease with the the idea. Pass the two six sided dice over to SAul, "I propose ten griffons to start with as a demonstration."
[09:18] * Mai (corwin@bzq-88-155-179-67.red.bezeqint.net) Quit (Connection reset by peer)
[09:18] <Saul> 3"This one is enchanted,"1 whispers Saul in the elvish tounge as he passes Elaine. "This sounds feasible," he responds, palming his two dice.
[09:18] <Saul> roll 1d20
[09:18] * Hatbot --> "Saul rolls 1d20 and gets 11."12 [1d20=11]
[09:19] <Elaine> 9"The dice?" Elaine asks.
[09:20] <Kotono> "Then take them and roll, and may the Gods bless you!" So he invites, dice passed over. OOC - Roll 2d6, Saul.
[09:21] <Saul> 3"Him and them,"1replies Saul, mentally frowning. Well, cheats exist in this world.
[09:21] <Saul> roll 2d6
[09:21] * Hatbot --> "Saul rolls 2d6 and gets 7."12 [2d6=6, 1]
[09:22] <Kotono> Taking his own dice, he rolls!
[09:23] <Kotono> 6 Hatbot --> "Zoalgus rolls 2d6 and gets 8." 12[2d6=6, 2]
[09:23] <Kotono> "Ooooh!" Zoalgus shakes his head at that, "So close for you, and yet so far and still a defeat!"
[09:27] <Elaine> "That's what you get for playing a luck game, Saul," Elaine says with a shake of her head. "3Especially a crooked one. Especially when you let the challenger use his own dice."
[09:28] <Saul> "I know. The path to wealth is filled with work, not luck. At least for me," replies Saul, giving an audible sigh. "Clearly, this isn't my game. How about you have a go?"
[09:29] <Kotono> "Such is the fate of challenges," Zoalgus shakes his head in understanding. "That will be ten griffons, my losing friend. Perhaps the young lady would like to do the same bet, or try something as rich as her beauty suggests?"
[09:30] * Saul places the requisite coins on the table, lurching off back up to his private room. "Time for me to retire for the night," he adds.
[09:30] <Saul> He stumbles over a step, coughing heavily as he walks.
[09:30] <Elaine> "I did place one griffon on the 'betting table' so to speak, and you jumped past me to my companion, might I remind?" Elaine comments wrily.
[09:34] <Kotono> "Only one griffon! My magnificent lady, such a trifle is unworthy of your beauty!" The crowd does agree with that, catcalls and whistles. "Put some money up, Elaine!" One of the spectators cries.
[09:37] <Elaine> "Well, you realize, you hadn't yet specified the betting amount at the time. It does help your case if you do that, my friend," she says with a wink, before tossing him nine more griffons.
[09:38] <Kotono> Catching the coins and slapping them down, Zoalgus passes over the dice. "Then for ten griffons, let us roll, madam!"
[09:38] <Kotono> OOC - Go ahead and roll 2d6, El-chan.
[09:41] <Elaine> "Ah, ah, ah..." she starts wagging her finger. "I recall you saying you were a gambler capable of winning at any game of chance. Was that not what he claimed?" she calls out to the crowd in a loud voice. Looking back at the gambler with an intimidatingly evil grin, she adds, "Let's change the rules of the game then, Mr. Gambler...if you're not afraid, that is."
[09:43] <Kotono> "Oh? By all means, then. What exotic game do you want to play," Zoalgus asks right back, bowing before the beauty ahead of him.
[09:45] <Elaine> "Anyone have a deck of cards?" she calls out to the crowd.
[09:46] <Kotono> "A deck of cars...I do!" Zoalgus grins ear to ear, fiddling and fussing into his pockets. Away go the dice, in come a deck of ivory backed cards! Beautiful ones, carved with ornate patters atop the backs. They look quite well made. "Here is a deck of cards! The horn of a great behemoth went into th ecreation of this deck!"
[09:49] <Elaine> "Ah, my thanks," she replies politely as she takes the deck of cards, though internally it's 'Well there goes plan A of taking away his cheating tools.' Taking the deck of cards, she begins to shuffle it slowly, looking over the cards to see if they have any distinct features from one another, or something that she'd recognize as a physical cheat. She might not be able to catch a magical one, but at least a physical one? That she could.
[09:52] <Saul> roll 1d20-2 ninjasaulstrike!
[09:52] * Hatbot --> "Saul rolls 1d20-2 ninjasaulstrike! and gets 6."12 [1d20=8]
[09:53] <Kotono> The cards feel nice in your hands. Nicely done - they're identical and with no obvious markers. Each one looks normal enough, really.
[09:56] <Elaine> "Would you like to cut the deck?" Elaine offers the gambler.
[09:56] <Kotono> "No, no." Waving his hand, "Just go ahead and go." So he invites Elaine, focusing on her.
[09:59] <Saul> roll 1d20-2 ninjasaulstrike #2!
[09:59] * Hatbot --> "Saul rolls 1d20-2 ninjasaulstrike #2! and gets 10."12 [1d20=12]
[10:00] * Elaine raises an eyebrow, but nods, as she begins to hand a card to him, then one to herself, then another to him, then another to herself....onward until the entire deck is split. "Before I explain, can you guess the name of the game?" Elaine asks with a grin.
[10:02] <Kotono> "Why don't you tell all of us," Zoalgus invites winsomely.
[10:11] <Elaine> "Alright then. I can't say I recall the name of the game, so maybe you'll know. The mechanics, however, are simple. First we each toss out a card. Whomever has the higher card begins. He then tosses out another card. The second card dictates how he'll play. If he flips a card lower, he needs to keep flipping cards equal or lower in value than the previous one until he fails.
[10:12] <Elaine> If he tosses a higher card, well, obviously, he continues until he flips a lower card. Same principle. The other player then flips a card and follows the same rule of sequence against the last card played. It's all chance on how our decks split, essentially. Something you would appreciate, I'm sure."
[10:14] <Kotono> "Then so be it!" Zoalgus proclaims, the game beginning! OOC - I'm just going to have you two roll for who wins. Saul dispelled his trick on this so...also, free free to make an int check if you're trying to notic eanything.
[10:14] <Kotono> OOC - We'll just call them 1d20 rolls. High good, ect.
[10:15] <Saul> OOC: Unless you cheat!
[10:15] <Saul> OOC: Though, actually, bit late for that.
[10:16] <Elaine> roll 1d20 int check
[10:16] * Hatbot --> "Elaine rolls 1d20 int check and gets 18."12 [1d20=18]
[10:17] <Kotono> roll 1d20 card game results
[10:17] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20 card game results and gets 1."12 [1d20=1]
[10:17] <Elaine> roll 1d20
[10:17] * Hatbot --> "Elaine rolls 1d20 and gets 20."12 [1d20=20]
[10:17] <Elaine> ooc: HAH
[10:17] <Elaine> ooc: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
[10:17] <Kotono> OOC: Yeezjus F. Kristo.
[10:18] <Kotono> OOC - You utterly owned him, and since you did so well, I'll give you another int check.
[10:19] <Elaine> roll 1d20 int check
[10:19] * Hatbot --> "Elaine rolls 1d20 int check and gets 7."12 [1d20=7]
[10:25] <Elaine> Elaine's hand snakes out as her eye catches the gambler's cheating attempt, attempting to stop him before he switches his card. "No sleeve tricks, my friend. You wanted a chance game, not a who-can-pull-the-better-trick game, let's keep it that way," she admonishes with a pleasant smile.
[10:27] * Loligoth|AFK is now known as Seryf
[10:28] <Kotono> "Aaah!" He jerks his hand back - and from his gaudy red robe several ivory cards fal out! They hit the ground like thunderclaps, th eroom going deathly quietly! Suddenly all eyes are on him in a bad way, a low rumbling. "A fuckin' cheat..." one person growls darkly.
[10:29] * Saul takes this opportunity to stand at the door, in case the lout tries to escape.
[10:30] <Elaine> "Shall we continue, or do you wish to attempt to run for it?" she offers politely. "I recommend giving back my money and Saul's, along with my winning if you opt for the second though. I doubt you'd want me on your tail." The last part is given with a return of the intimidatingly evil grin.
[10:33] <Kotono> "Damn and blast.." he murmurs, looking around. He considers long moments, before his hand darts into his sleeve again! This time a fine white powder is thrown fromhis hand, out and over the crowd! OOC - Save vs spell, El-chan. Saul's far away enough to be unaffected.
[10:35] <Elaine> roll 1d20
[10:35] * Hatbot --> "Elaine rolls 1d20 and gets 4."12 [1d20=4]
[10:37] <Kotono> roll 1d20 for general crowd save
[10:37] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20 for general crowd save and gets 4."12 [1d20=4]
[10:37] <Kotono> OOC - oi.
[10:40] <Kotono> Elaine's mind goes blank! Food! So hungry..food! FOOD! FOOD! All her thoughts go into consumption, her body leading her, rushing to the kitchens - nay, her leftovers! She taers into them feverishly, as everyone else in the crowd does the same! So fucking...HUNGRY! Saul is unaffected - and slowly Seryf comes up behind him, noting her friend blocking the door into Seraphin's Bleeding Hole.
[10:40] <Kotono> *...Heart
[10:41] <Kotono> OOC - STrike.
[10:41] <Kotono> Elaine's mind goes blank! Food! So hungry..food! FOOD! FOOD! All her thoughts go into consumption, her body leading her, rushing to the kitchens - nay, her leftovers! She taers into them feverishly, as everyone else in the crowd does the same! So fucking...HUNGRY! Saul is unaffected - and slowly Seryf comes up behind him, bumping into a strange, invisible obsticle as she attemps to enter the inn. What is all that noise here? You can just see E
[10:42] <Kotono> You can just see El-chan going crazy on a plate of food!
[10:43] <Kotono> As this happens Zoalgus bows once, wordlessly getting his cards together before starting to beat a hasty retreat to the side, upstairs on the far side of the room.
[10:43] <Seryf> "Hello?" Seryf asks, prodding the obstacle as she stands in the doorway, raising an eyebrow at Elaine. "What the...?" the elven woman mutters, shifting in her gear, What in the nine hells is going on?
[10:43] <Saul> An invisible *thing* that mumbles familiar-sounding nonsense, flinging out a shackling spell towards the dwarf! "After him!" says Saul, even has his spel ltakes flight!
[10:43] <Saul> OOC: HOld person, -2 penalty to his save. Whatever it is.
[10:43] <Kotono> It's a mad house! Everyone is going berserk for food!
[10:43] <Kotono> roll 1d20-2
[10:43] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20-2 and gets 5."12 [1d20=7]
[10:44] <Kotono> Yet his steps freeze up halfway, falling over and immobile amid the hungry madness!
[10:44] <Seryf> "Is that you, Saul?" Seryf asks, seemingly unconcerned a long as the man's been turned immobile.
[10:45] <Saul> "Yes. That huckster tried to scam us," mutters the hovering elf, gazing at the unruly crowd. "No idea how long this will take to wear off..."
[10:47] <Seryf> "Oh, okay," Seryf nods, pushing and shoving her way through the crowd, liberal use of obscene elven strength abused to get to the dwarf. Well, at least she won't have to hear about it later? Not as much, anyway, iuf Saul's not going to lose money.
[10:50] * Saul stumbles through after Seryf, looking with some concern at the apparently-starving crowd.
[10:52] <Kotono> The crowd is utterly ignoring Seryf and Saul. This includes Elaine, who only wants to eat at her foot - she's licking her plate clean, utterly ravenous! OOC - MAke another save, Elaine, as well as the crowd.
[10:52] <Kotono> roll 1d20
[10:52] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20 and gets 16."12 [1d20=16]
[10:52] <Elaine> roll 1d20
[10:52] * Hatbot --> "Elaine rolls 1d20 and gets 6."12 [1d20=6]
[10:53] <Kotono> Ack! Elaine's running off to the kitchens, utterly insane with hunger! As the crowd starts to buzz down, Seryf and Saul catch up to the immobile Zoalgus. He's down, a few cards spread around him, a very heavy purse of coins as well.
[10:54] * Saul restraints his desire to kick the man, instead taking his time running after Elaine to make sure she doesn't try eating a knife.
[10:56] * Seryf picks the dwarf up by his hair, and making sure to separate him from his purse. "I'm not totally sure what the hell's going on, but I'm pretty sure I don't like you," she tells him, smiling evilly.
[10:57] <Kotono> His face is locked up in a grimace of surprise, but his eyes are wide and panicking! Meanwhile Saul races to the kitchens! The serving staff is staring as Elaine tears a cooked roast right off the spit, devouring it in large bites!
[10:57] <Kotono> OOc - Go ahead and save again, El-chan.
[10:57] <Elaine> roll 1d20
[10:57] * Hatbot --> "Elaine rolls 1d20 and gets 3."12 [1d20=3]
[10:58] <Kotono> Wow! She's tearing into that roast, gnawing off big chunks as she holds it in her hand. Oi, those meat juice stains are going to be a pain to get out, too.
[10:59] <Kotono> Seryf finds the bag of coins is suitably heavy with lucre, the dwarf not a burden either.
[10:59] * Saul shrugs helplessly at the kitchen staff, and winces at her insatiable hunger.
[10:59] <Saul> He stands ready to restrain her if tries to eat something bad- but Saul is no fool! He knows he lost to Elaine the last time they had an arm-wrestle!
[11:01] * Seryf sighs. Magically immobilized people are no fun. Grumbling about the ruining of a possibly decent fight, maybe, Seryf drags the dwarf in the direction Saul went.
[11:02] <Kotono> She's finishing that roast in record time! Her eyes are still so hungry as she dives past a serving girl! Ignoring the pain to her hands(1 damage), she starts to scoop out stew with her hands and swallow it down! OOC - Save again.
[11:05] <Elaine> roll 1d20
[11:05] * Hatbot --> "Elaine rolls 1d20 and gets 10."12 [1d20=10]
[11:07] <Kotono> Seryf enters to the kitchen, seeing the messy situation and Elaine taking great handfuls of steaming hot stew! Wow, she's hungry.
[11:08] * Elaine suddenly lets go of the stew handfuls and starts shaking her hands in pain. "Oooooowww!!!"
[11:09] <Seryf> "...Okay..." Seryf provides intelligently, looking around. "Now that the insanity seems to be over and our friend here remains paralyzed...anyone want to explain?"
[11:10] * Saul looks at Elaine, healing her minor burns with a brief touch, and letting her do the explaining.
[11:10] <Kotono> OOC - Just for curiosity, roll Saul.
[11:10] <Saul> roll 1d8
[11:10] * Hatbot --> "Saul rolls 1d8 and gets 4."12 [1d8=4]
[11:11] <Elaine> "I need to make someone regret very badly what he just did first," Elaine mutters as she gives a nod of thanks to Saul. "Where is the little bastard?"
[11:12] * Seryf picks the dwarf up, this time by the back of his neck. "Saul paralyzed him, took all the fun out of it," Seryf sighs, shrugging, and not seeming to mind the weight of a full grown dwarf in one hand.
[11:13] <Saul> "*I* enjoyed myself."
[11:15] <Kotono> "What the hell...you're going to pay for that," One of the cooks glares at Elaine in utter shock.
[11:16] <Seryf> "Or rather, he will," Seryf points at the immobilized dwarf.
[11:16] <Saul> "Let's do this in a better place," pipes up Saul, before glancing at the cook, cheerily.
[11:16] * Mai (corwin@bzq-88-155-179-67.red.bezeqint.net) has joined #dunes
[11:18] <Elaine> "What exactly did he hit me with, Saul?" Elaine asks annoyedly. "I just felt like eating and eating."
[11:19] <Saul> "I'd say he hit you with some kind of.. dust.. that makes people eat?" asks Saul, curious himself, as he starts heading back to their room. "It's like that laughter spell we got hit with in the tomb..."
[11:19] * Seryf follows, casually dragging the dwarf in one hand, his purse in the other.
[11:20] <Kotono> Back in the room: One held dwarf, one foodstained Elaine, one amused Saul and one confused Seryf! They have the dwarf right where they want him!
[11:21] * Elaine nods, before looking at the dwarf. "Did you get our money back yet, Saul?"
[11:22] * Seryf holds up the dwarf's purse and jingles it. "It's probably right here?"
[11:22] <Saul> Saul looks at the pouch Seryf is holding, briefly, before nodding. He gets to work rifling through the dwarf's robes, looking for any more loaded dice, or, hell, just any magical items he's got.
[11:22] <Kotono> A heavy jingle! From the size and shape of the bulging purse, it's probably a three digit coin count.
[11:23] <Kotono> Saul finds: Two decks of ivory cards total. Two sets of dice, an empty pouch wit a bare bit of dust in it, another coin pouch full of golden coins.
[11:25] <Saul> "These are nice cards," murmurs Saul, setting them to one side, and then glancing over the dwarf. "Basically, Seryf, he tried to play a game of chance, except he was using enchanted equipment, not to mention more mundane cheating."
[11:25] * Mai (corwin@bzq-88-155-179-67.red.bezeqint.net) Quit (Connection reset by peer)
[11:27] * Seryf quirks her head, a sigh given and a whack across the dwarf's head with a gauntleted hand. "Idiot," she snorts, finding a seat and settling into it. "And so somene found out, he tried something, and you paralyzed him?" she elaborates.
[11:27] * Saul nods. "Elaine did, actually," he adds.
[11:27] <Elaine> "I found him out, yeah. I made up a card game that would make it really hard for him to cheat," Elaine says with a grin.
[11:28] <Kotono> The dwarf's head is knocked back, eyes angry but body still bound by fell magic.
[11:28] <Saul> "I hear the take the hands off thieves, these days," muses Saul.
[11:30] <Elaine> "Sucks to be him then," Elaine replies, shaking her head. "I might have left him off with the embarrassment and the knowledge that he'd been revealed a fraud, now he's going to jail and maybe losing his hands. All over a game of chance. Idiot."
[11:31] <Kotono> "Mmmmph!" He struggles, but the magic over him is still too strong.
[11:33] <Saul> 3"Even so, I hate that punishment," 1mutters Saul, in Elven. 3"Ridiculously harsh, even if he probably deserves it."
[11:35] <Seryf> "A Waukeenar, with pity for thieves?" Seryf returns in Elven, raising an amused eyebrow.
[11:35] * Elaine nods. 3"He really should have taken my offer. If he'd allowed himself to lose with some dignity, he wouldn't be in this situation."
[11:36] <Saul> 3"Probably," murmurs Saul. "Bah. Let's just take his stuff and kick him out into an alley. I don't think he'll be cheating anyone again without his tools."
[11:37] <Seryf> 3"Fine enough, not like I have a stake in it," Seryf laughs, shrugging.
[11:39] <Elaine> 3"Let's make sure to pay the kitchen staff as well for the mess he caused, before I get kicked out of this place, too," Elaine adds with a small wince at the memory.
[11:39] <Saul> 3"Ten griffons. I wouldn't want the owner of this place after me, that's for sure."
[11:43] <Kotono> Meanwhile the poor hoodwinker manages to gasp, words coming at last. "You...you...!"
[11:43] * Reikobot is now known as Hotaru-chan
[11:44] * ChanServ sets mode: +ao Hotaru-chan Hotaru-chan
[11:44] <Saul> "Oh, yes?"
[11:45] * Hotaru-chan is now known as Reikobot
[11:45] <Kotono> "Let me out of this infernal magic! You've ruined the entire thign! Everything!" So he protests, voice sputtering with indignation!
[11:46] <Elaine> "Hey, all we did was make sure there was no cheating. Is it our fault you didn't get the hint?" Elaine counters.
[11:50] <Kotono> "You stupid little rapscallion!" So he glares, annoyed. "Let me out of this foul magery and restore me right this instant!"
[11:50] <Saul> "How about I set you on fire?"
[11:50] <Elaine> "It's foul magery when it works against you, but it's okay to use it to make your escape by turning the rest of us into starving maniacs, huh?" Elaine says coldly.
[11:51] <Saul> "It's not even magery," mumbles Saul. "Waukeen granted me this spell..."
[11:51] <Seryf> "You're not exactly in a place to make demands," Seryf notes idly, raising her eyebrows. "I could break you in half and then Saul could light you up..."
[11:53] <Kotono> "Grr! Infernal children! What are you to do with me, then?
[11:53] * Saul smiles.
[11:54] <Saul> "I think we'll take you to see the owner of this place," he nods. "I'm sure she'll be *thrilled* to speak with you..."
[11:56] * Seryf snorts. "This should be interesting..." she mutters, shaking her head. That woman felt positively odd.
[12:00] * Mai (corwin@bzq-88-155-179-67.red.bezeqint.net) has joined #dunes
[12:01] <Kotono> So the poor man is dragged downstairs. The mistress of the inn is..well, in, making sure her kitchen and front are calmed down as you drag the trickster down to her...
[12:01] * Reikobot is now known as Seraphin
[12:06] <Seraphin> The woman herself might seem unimpressive in some ways. Slim and not too tall, her only strange features a shock of silver-white hair and blood red eyes that inspect everything quietly, quietly suggesting in a way that brooks no argument as she sets things back in order. There's the faint sense of oddity to her, the hint that something's simply wrong amidst the midnight blue clothing and outwardly reserved but rather gentle demeanor.
[12:06] <Saul> "Hello!"
[12:07] * Seraphin lifts her head talking to a chef, eyeing the elf. "Yes?" she asks, calm smile in place.
[12:08] <Kotono> The dwarf in question is lugged by Seryf, still quite unhappy and struggling vainly.
[12:08] <Saul> Saul glances at the dwarf in Seryf's hands. "This one was attempting to scam people at your establishment," he says, derisively. "Enchanted dice and cards being the culprit."
[12:10] * Seryf dumps the dwarf in front of Seraphin, dusting her hands off. Well, if they can get rid of him...and guiltlessly!
[12:11] <Kotono> The dwarf struggles to get up, limbs at least mostly working now!
[12:12] <Seraphin> "So is that what all the ruckus is about?" Seraphin asks softly, smiling darkly down at the dwarf. "I wouldn't try to escape, if I were you," she purrs, glancing up. "You didn't exactly acquit yourselves perfectly, either, according to my staff."
[12:13] * Seryf sighs and grabs the dwarf by the hair again, with Moon. Who knows when the last time he washed it was.
[12:14] <Kotono> To be fair, his hair is surprisingly clean. A small mercy as he's kept fast by Seryf's iron like grip!
[12:14] <Saul> "Well, there was the eating powder," mutters Saul.
[12:17] <Seraphin> "Yes," Seraphin's voice hardens a little. "There are some minor damages from this incident..." she glances down at the dwarf. "I'm sure he had some money on him?" she hazards, looking directly at Saul.
[12:18] <Saul> "A bit. How much to reimburse you?"
[12:20] <Kotono> -------
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?