News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Game setup, round two: Discussion over game.

Started by Anastasia, July 21, 2006, 11:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

There are a few ways we can do this. I'm going to present this in question form and you can reply how you wish.

1. Do you want to be cooperating with the other PCs or working against them, or in a rivalry sort of setting?

2. Do you want to go as teams in or one at a time or some mixture thereof?

3. How heavily do you want RPing to play in? I'm planning at least some, but also planning on using Charisma for a lot of the basic NPC reactions.

4. Are there any concerns you have?

5. What times are you going to be around?

6. Is there anything you'd like to add?

---

Corwin, Carthrat, Asrana, Dracos. Four potential PCs. I've said that I'm only willing to run three at most. So I want all of you to talk and decide what sort of game you want. I'm hoping this'll lead to someone realising they want something different from the others and bowing out. Otherwise I'll cut someone myself.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Carthrat

1. Both, perhaps? Perhaps there could be incentives both ways, but it's up to us to choose.

2. I.. don't know. Interacting in groups is *fun*, no two ways about it. But when you're running a post game, things might have a tendancy to crawl. Perhaps mix-and-matching a little could work?

3. Somewhat, but having fluctuating mental stats may jar a little. In this adventure, I'm as interested in the exploration and discovery side of things as the personal interaction end. I think a mix is good- charisma should matter to some degree, too, otherwise it'll be the universal dump stat.

4. Only posting rate. See 2.

5. Weekends! US morning! Sometimes US evening! I.. know when I'm around in relation to yourself, Cor, and May...

6. I better be allowed to shit-talk the other players. >_>
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Asrana

1. I'd rather not be competeing. Just personal prefference and all. >_>;

2. Mixture would be alright. I don't mind groups and solos, just that I'd like to be able to safely interact with the others too.

3. Well... *Eyes my interest post* I kind of preffer RP as a rule, but y'know.

4. Mmmm. Not especially, as Rat's already expressing prefference for the exploration part than the dungeon crawl part. I'd just rather not personally focus on the combat.

5. For the next month, pretty much all the time barring warnings. After that? My classes still have a little flux to them.

6. Mmmm...not particularly, no.
lt;Kotono>  (Currently looks like a 16-year-old girl):I walk up to the leader and say, "Are you so sure you want our money?" and use my alter self ability to grow a massive bulge in my pants.

Dracos

*eyes sleepily*

mmm

1)Both.  Dependant on role playing characters.

2)Teams generally.  Not much of a real point doing a group game if it's mostly solo'ed.

3)More interested in this from the strategy dungeon side.  Exploring.  *shrugs* That's what it seems like to my eyes.

4)None not already voiced.

5)Afternoons/evenings are probably best.

6) 007, 0 chips left. =p

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Corwin

When you are last, the urge to go 'ditto' on most questions is overwhelming.  >_>

1) Cooperating seems more fun, if there's a RP element involved, though I'm not opposed to a rivalry, even an occasional one.

2) Ditto! Teams are a preference, one at a time also works, a mixture is likely best.

3) RPing is fun, so it'd be nice if it had a considerable part. But I get Rat's point about Charisma as a dump stat. Again, maybe a mixture of some kind? Especially brilliant interaction overriding Charisma, maybe?

4) Not really, and re: Rat, there's bound to be a forum game that can keep up its posting rate. It's a matter of figuring out the right ingredients.  >_>

5) If we're talking forum posting, I'm theoretically around... 7am-11pm on Sun-Thu, and whenever I want to be on my weekends. My time's GMT+2, so I'm present on my weekdays when it's morning to afternoon in the US, and during your late evenings, I believe.

6) Not really, no.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Asrana

All told, becoming more trouble and stress than it's worth.

Ducking out.
lt;Kotono>  (Currently looks like a 16-year-old girl):I walk up to the leader and say, "Are you so sure you want our money?" and use my alter self ability to grow a massive bulge in my pants.

Anastasia

Alrighty, Hot-chan. Thanks and g'luck and all that stuff.

---

Reply time!

1. A slight edge towards cooperating but both options are viable to the PCs. Okay, more on this later since it'll weave into another idea.

2. Mixing and matching is fine. This'll make it easier to work things in if someone's not going to be around for a bit, and I can scale it so that solo attempts get a power level bonus to entice/compensate. I'm also thinking of this depending on if you're cooperating or competing with each other, but we'll see.

3. There should be some RP, but it's also a lot about exploring and solving. Works for me. Charisma will be used for how things react to you. A useful little thing indeed. The differing mental states could be interesting depending on how you want to RP them out.

4. Yeah, posting rate. I can and will club people if it gets too slow. It's also why I want us all around each other timewise, this makes posting chains easier.

5. Okay, the times look roughly good. We'll see how they work out in practice.

6. Fuck you, Shit Talking Carthrat. <_< >_> <_<

---

Okay. The channel room with be #elysium. We're all in there and there's no point in making another room for this. Postbot'll annouce posts in there. If you'd like to move it to another room, speak up now. (Drac, since he doesn't lurk in #elysium much.)
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Any more comments on this?

The game room is officially #elysium pending any last objections. Make sure you're in there.
<Afina> Forever.