News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Carth's magical adventure, ROUND TWO, MOTHERFUCKERS!

Started by Anastasia, August 24, 2003, 05:18:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Ahem.

Yep, Rat gets another go at things, six months past the end events of Carth and Cy's adventure 1. Sadly, said events have been lost in the Soulriders downtime, but I will summerize said events here.

A brief history on recent events;

Since escaping the Cave of Bor- Black Ice, Carthrat searched high and low for Diane, and couldn't find her. Unable to keep up in his present state (bruised, battered, and ill-equipped), he retreated to Hong Kong, in which he was an unknown. He travelled back to England to tell Rachel Diane was missing in action, and that he would do his best to find her.

Since then, he has travelled to Hong Kong in order to rebuild his arsenal, which he has managed to do after 6 months. During this time, he became something of a vigilante on the streets, single-handedly busting murders, drug and prostitution rings, rapes, and most other backalley gang crimes. He has found himself drawn to this sort of activity now. Thanks to his cloaking device, nobody has an idea of who he is (except possible people who know more than other people), and he poses during the day as a yuppie, working at a computer industry known as Asatec. It should be noted that Asatec share prices have risen dramatically since his employment in the area, and Carthrat took the opportunity to do some insider trading, creating a large sum of money for himself to do with as he pleases.

He also did some odd jobs for an old woman, mainly because she was a mage who offered a 'young, strapping lad' an apprenticeship. When Carthrat discovered it had taken all 5 months of study to barely be able to cast a spell, he quit. He paid her for the magical items he now possesses, but would much rather have nothing else to do with her, magic, or the ether. White Glow is still with Carthrat, as it seems to have stuck onto him.

Currently, there are no important events occuring in his life, and things have settled down to a reasonable level of peace..
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

It's a warm Hong Kong evening, and Carthrat has finished another day of work. Traveling home, he notices that a late model Japanese made car is following him discreetly. It makes no aggresive movement, but instead seems content to follow you.
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

Carthrat has had a good day. Asatec had apparently made a takeover of another rival company, he'd been promoted (finally! An actual office instead of a cubicle!), the cute chinese waitress at the bar hadn't shot him one of those dirty looks she'd been giving him ever since he insulted her boyfriend, and most importantly, he was going to get home in time for the news.

He noticed the car, of course. He was walking home tonight (his car had been taken into the mechanics; some bastard had left his collection of knives on the ground and he ended up with three flat tires), and took an opportunity to slide into a cafe, sitting down and looking at the car through the corner of his eye.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Anastasia

The car stops and manages to park as you sit down, with two black suited, sunglass'ed Asian gentleman coming out of said car. They look like either business men or typical government agents, and somehow you doubt that this is shop talk.
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

Two suits. Carthrat hated wearing suits; the collar was always too tight, and someone always expected him to wear a bloody tie.

Ordering some chinese tea, he relaxes back in his chair, confident his shielding system will protect him if these suits aren't going to start by speaking with him.

Anastasia

The men wade through the crowd and enter the cafe. They walk to your table, two average height men of Japanese decent. The one in front makes a open handed, non aggressive motion with his hands, as if to indicate he isn't armed at the moment.

"Mr...Tanewaki?" he asks in Japanese, confirming his race.
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

"That's me," replies Carthrat in the same language. "What can I do for you, gentlemen?"

Anastasia

The one in front and the same man who addressed you, takes off his sunglasses.

"We would like to discuss certain matters pertaining to recent events in Japan, Mr. Tanewaki," he says in a pleasant monotone. Taking a look around, he says, "In a more..private place, of course."
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

"But what possible intrest could I have in Japan, gentlemen?" Carthrat replies. "My citizenship has been transferred and my assets liquidated."

Anastasia

"There are still some...lingering...issues," he replies, hesitating over the word slightly. "About the Sapporo incident, amoung other things," he says quietly. "We really do wish to do this the polite way, Mr Tanewaki. Please cooperate."
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

As if they could touch him, let alone subdue him.

"As you say. But wait. My tea isn't finished."

Anastasia

"Very well," the man says, showing no signs of moving.
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

Carthrat takes his sweet time drinking his tea, studying the suits in front of him, figuring they both have silenced pistols and brass knuckles or something equally useless.

He eventually finishes, pays his bill.. "So, where are we going?"

Anastasia

With a second's hesitation, he responds in the same controlled, polite monotone. "To somewhere more private."
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

"I see I'll get nothing useful out of you," mutters Carthrat. "How about I drive? You can give directions."