News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

Cephiro, Elven Province

Started by Carthrat, October 20, 2003, 09:51:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthrat

After an hours time of preperation, the elves are kitted out and ready to go. Their little group consists of about 6 Samurai (all trained in stealth, of course), and one of the original scouts who looked over the camp.

There was an amusing rift between the Samurai and the elfmaidens. While, technically, the Samurai outranked them, and as such they were supposed to report to the Samurai, it was an unspoken rule that in times of joint cooperation, they would work with the three girls as leaders, in a sense.

Toshi is also there, standing to one side. "You should be able to reach the camp a short time after night has fallen. Koshi will advise you on the layout of the camp, for he has seen it.

Is there anything else you want to know?"
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Ebiris

"I believe we are ready to go, Master Toshi, unless you have any other information you feel is relevant," Fuu answers the older elf's question before turning to her friends, "Can either of you think of anything we should ask about?"

Corwin

Umi shrugs. "I'm good to go, Fuu."
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Carthrat

As the elves agree, a rustling is heard in the bushes.

Suddenly, something leaps out of a nearby tree, latching onto Umi with incredible strength!

"Umi-chaaaaaaaaaaan, are you leaving again? Why didn't you tell me?" a voice cries out, audiable to all.

It is, of course, Ami, a young elfling who views Umi as something of a hero. She's even tried using a rapier to emulate the sometimes-adventurer; however, it's a little too big for her frame, and the gaijin who sell them don't import child-sized swords.

She's wearing a childs kimono taht dosn't hinder her movement in the slightest; it's been cut short at the legs. A 4'4 ball of compacted energy describes her best.

Corwin

"Gah!" Umi exclaims articulately, tumbling. "Ami, stop that," she says, squirming.

Carthrat

Ami refuses to let go. "Last time you left, you didn't come back for months!" she exclaims. "You didn't say goodbye that time, either," she complains.

Corwin

"I wonder why," Umi says, more to herself than for the child's benefit. "Listen, Ami, how about I teach you something cool when I get back?"

Carthrat

"Something cool?" the kid exclaims, jumping off Umi, doing a little flip, and landing on her feet. "Like what?"

Ebiris

Fuu hides a giggle behind her hand as she watches Umi try to deal with Ami.

Corwin

"If I told you now, it wouldn't be a really cool surprise, now would it?" Umi asks, climbing to her feet.

Carthrat

Ami looks like she's about to protest further, but Toshi intervenes. "Now, Ami, Umi won't be gone long, though I'm as interested as you to see what she was to teach," he says, a small smile playing across his face. "But really, it's time to go," he says, turning serious. "Be back as soon as possible."

With that, the small part of elves leaves, heading for the northen border..

<->

"The Matsu camp is pretty typical," says Koshi, the scout who was sent with you. "Well, at least, it looked pretty typical. We didn't expect so many spellslingers.

They havn't bothered erecting a pallisade, but they did dig a fair sized ditch around the camp; a couple of metres deep, I think. It's not so wide, it's pretty much just a token defence against a charge.

Anyway, I remember we all got in the camp fine. It's laid out haphazardly, so if you need to run, that'll work to your advantage. It's sort of a rectangle in design, with the Champions tent right in the middle. You can't miss it, it's got his banner flying from it. Aside from that, all the sleeping quarters were at the front of the camp; that is, they were adjacent to the forest. Did I mention the camp is like ten metres away from the forest?

Well, at least it was. I'm pretty sure they'll have used it for catapult practice or something by now, so by the time we get there, they'll probably be a further distance away.

I remember there weren't many guards; it was sorta surprising, getting in and snooping about was pretty easy. But then, well, one of the Shugenja spotted Tojo, and it all went to hell. They've got these wands and walk in pairs; one of them has something that'll freeze you in your tracks, and then the other just blasts you until you're dead. We would've gotten away so easy if it wasn't for them."

He sighs, looking downcast.

Ebiris

Fuu fingers the edge of her cloak as she walks alongside Koshi, "That being the case, I'm beginning to think trying to parley with them could prove especially dangerous. We should definitely make a careful investigation of their camp before we risk revealing our presence."

Corwin

"If you say so, Fuu." Umi shrugs. "Who goes to check out the camp, though? The more people that come, the larger our chances to be discovered by those Shugenja."

Ebiris

"I think myself and Koshi would be the best choices. We are both trained in stealth, and I have a few spells which would prove useful if we have to make a hasty retreat," Fuu answers, a frown marring her features. She might be good at sneaking around, but she'd much rather she didn't have to...

Corwin

"Then don't take any stupid risks," Umi tells Fuu, smiling. "That's my department." She gestures at Hikaru and the rest of their group. "Us eight would just wait for you to get back... but we'll be there at the first sign of trouble."