To Reveal Deception...

Started by Carthrat, November 20, 2003, 01:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halbarad

Hikaru eyes the naginata, resolving to take it with her once she leaves the tent. For the moment, she moves over to the chest and attempts to open it.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Carthrat

The chest refuses to open to Hikarus ministrations.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Halbarad

Leaving the chest for the moment, Hikaru goes over to search the futon on the off chance that Otoshi might have left something in it.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Carthrat

There's nothing on his bed, though judging by the fact that he employs the services of Fey'Ri geisha, he might have lost his innocence there.

Halbarad

Hikaru decides to give the chest one last try, picking up the naginata and using the long weapon to try to lever the lid open.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Carthrat

*crack*

That was a moderately loud noise..

Inside the chest were.. books. They seems to be various books on lost legends and myths, relating, strangely enough, mostly to ancient elven empires. No title in particular stood out.

Halbarad

Hikaru drops the spear, quickly peeking out of the tent flap to see if the noise has attracted anyone's attention.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Carthrat

Nobody seems to be coming from nearby..

Halbarad

Hikaru hurriedly checks through the books in the chest for anything that might relate to the ancient province of Kaisho.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Carthrat

There's a couple of books there that look to be on the topic. One is titled: "The Elfwar: Downfall of Kaisho" and the other "Ancient Demihuman Culture."

The rest seem to relate to modern elven culture, warfare, and information on all the other elven provinces..

Halbarad

Hikaru takes the two books from the chest, stuffing them into her pack before exiting the tent and looking around for Toshi.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Carthrat

Toshi isn't there; Hikaru hadn't been in the tent that long, though.

Halbarad

Hikaru crouches down next to the tent while she waits for Toshi to return, staying alert for any of the Matsu that might come nearby.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.

Carthrat

After about five minutes of waiting, Hikaru hears a sudden yell coming from where Toshi would have been, followed by the clashing of blades..

Halbarad

Hikaru quickly runs towards the sounds of fighting, although she keeps her head low in an effort not to be seen as she dashes through the camp.
I am a terrible person.
Excellent Youkai.