News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Boatraid! Can the Champion be Rescued?

Started by Carthrat, November 20, 2003, 01:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthrat

"*cough* *hack* I hate boats," mutters Ukyo at the docks.

Two fairly large rowboats are avaliable for use; Okina did not get anything bigger on account of a passing attempt at being stealthy.

Twenty bushi stand nearby, chatting amongst themselves. Okina has verified that they're all unenchanted for you, so they're safe.

"What's the plan?" one of the bushi asks, glancing at the boats. "Charge in, or something more subtle?"
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Corwin

"They may know we're coming," Umi says, smiling, "but that doesn't mean our old plan can't work anyway. We'll serve as the distraction, and try to draw away their commander, while your job would be to get through the ranks of the demon elves onboard and rescue Sakura-san."

Glancing at the bushi, Umi selects five of them to come with she, Fuu and Ukyo, while the rest would go in the other boat.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

Addressing the bushi assigned to rescue Sakura, Fuu speaks. "The captives are being kept in the ships brig, split amongst three cells. Two cells have been crammed with the elven crew and the gaijin diplomats, kept seperate, while Sakura-sama herself is confined within a cell on her own. Your priority is the safe rescue of Sakura-sama, but if possible, try to rescue the others. The elves have not been treated kindly, and are in no shape to fight, but the gaijin may be able to assist you against the Fey'ri if they are released... I am not sure, I do not know if they have any warriors within their number or not.

"Are there any further questions before we depart?"

OOC: By the way, 'Rat, can I try to heal Ukyo on the way over there? Not to cure him, but to at least alleviate his symptoms so he won't collapse during our daring rescue?

Carthrat

There aren't any. It isn't long before the ships are starting to row out to sea...

You were given directions by the wounded sailor earlier, so you're fairly sure you're on target. Roughly, it should take an hour and a half to get to the ship.

Ukyo, meanwhile, seems to be reacting badly the the sea. While the waves aren't huge, the coast is known to be somewhat choppy, and the occasionally assualts of foam and spray aren't doing him any good at all.

The boat requires four men to row it, so the bushi have set up a rotation system; four row, and one keeps watch, bow in hand.

The sky is getting cloudy; it looks like a storm is brewing.

OOC: You can try, though you won't get far without magic. >_>

Ebiris

Not having any spells which can help in this situation, Fuu instead prays directly to her patron deity, Windham, to calm the approaching storm.

Carthrat

Windham must be having an off day, because the clouds don't look like they're going anywhere soon..

Ebiris

"Looks like we'll have to hope we reach the ship before the storm hits..." Fuu says disconsolately, wondering if this is an ill omen about their whole mission.

Turning to Ukyo, she addresses the human. "Ukyo-san, with your permission, could I try to treat your condition? I am afraid I do not have the skill to cure you, but perhaps I could alleviate your symptoms for a time?"

Carthrat

Ukyo manages to nod his head, then leans over the side of the boat and starts vomiting..

Ebiris

Politely looking away, Fuu waits for him to finish up, before she begins trying to heal him, sacrificing her prepared Command spell to spontaneously cast Cure Light Wounds.

Carthrat

Fuu's ministrations do indeed have a positive effect on Ukyo, who manages to stop coughing and hacking alltogether and actually look like something other than a walking corpse.

He nods his thanks, and the boat continues moving..

<->

An indeterminable length of time later, the two boats are approaching the cruise ship..

From what you can see, the deck is deserted. However, it's a fairly large boat, with packing crates and barrels here and there, so hiding wouldn't be overly difficult.

The bushi are preparring ropes with which to climb onto the ship. The other boat is nearby, waiting for you to go ahead.

A light shower is falling from the sky..

Corwin

"Let's go," Umi says simply, ready to lead the boarding party.

Carthrat

After a few moments, the ropes are attached to the ship, and the first raiding party is all on board.

The pattering of the rain on the deck and a stroke of thunder through the sky are the only sounds the party hears as they look around the ship.

The ship is big; the party is standing in front of what appears to be the mess hall, which would doubtless have passages leading into the sleeping quarters for the main crew. The captains cabin is clearly visible, raised above the rest of the ship and accessable by a pair of staircases, mounted on top of another cabin that presumably lead into the depths of the ship.

Apart from these entrances, the party can see few places to go, except to search the entire deck. Meanwhile, the other boarding party is still out in the rain, awaiting some kind of signal..

Corwin

Umi heads to check the captain's cabin, motioning for the rest to wait for her.

Carthrat

Inside the captains cabin is a cluttered mess.

It's a mess on account of what appeared to be a brawl that took place, with junk all over the floor, including model ships, a ripped-up Captains Log, a broken sword, and a corpse, apparently of a Katsu bushi which nobody found the time to remove.

An open chest is nearby, but strangely, all the gold is still in it. One would think someone out to pillage would take that.

Suddenly, Umi realises she's not alone in the room..

Corwin

Umi's rapier materializes in her hand, and she takes a careful look around the room, trying to find the other person there, ready to defend herself if need be.