News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

Boatraid! Can the Champion be Rescued?

Started by Carthrat, November 20, 2003, 01:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

Umi calls for Hashi and Lushi to come and help her.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Carthrat

The bushi stand to either side of Umi, hands on their swords, ready for action.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Corwin

"Last chance to surrender and tell me where Shigen is," Umi tells the swordsman inside, readying herself for an attack.

Carthrat

Umi hears a snapping, crunching noise, like something made of wood is being broken, and then a rush of wind..

Everyone sees the splintering of wood at the top of the captains cabin, and they *feel* something rushing out, but then the invisible fighter is completely unperceptable..

Corwin

Umi curses out the invisible man's parentage quite loudly.

Ebiris

Fuu moves closer to Fuu, ready to assist her if necessary, but also prepared to deal with any surprise attacks which may come from another direction.

Carthrat

As Fuu moves to Umi, she hears a wooshing noise, and the sound of a blade striking flesh. Turning her head, she sees...

..a red-skinned elf, with huge, batlike wings extending from his back. A bloody katana is held in his hands, the red liquid dripping over his black and red hakama and gi. Messy red hair accompanies his face, and a terrible snarl makes it's way across his lips.

He turns around to swoop back for a second pass..

Ebiris

Reacting quickly, Fuu readies her already strung Daikyu and notches an arrow, letting it fly at the demonic elf!

OOC: I'm assuming I have enough room. If I'm close enough to provoke an attack of opportunity, I'll edit the post.

Carthrat

The arrow slams into the elf, causing him to yell in pain and make what looks like a final attack towards Ukyo..

..who neatly cleaves the dying Fey'Ri in two, causing it to drop onto the deck and starts bleeding guts and blood all over the place, which starts to get washed away by the rain..

"They seem quite fanatical," he remarks, sliding his sword back into his sheath. "He could have easily escaped, and it's foolhardy to fight against such superior numbers.."

Corwin

"Nice job," Umi congratulates Ukyo and Fuu. "Let's go check out if more are below?"

Ebiris

"Ah, Umi-chan," Fuu speaks up hesitantly, "Perhaps we may have to change our plan? It seems like the Fey'ri are waiting for us to come to them, with Shigen quite likely to be guarding Sakura-sama himself. This being the case, our plan of distracting him so the other group of bushi can rescue the Champion seems flawed."

Corwin

"Then let's charge him with all we've got," Umi replies. Turning to one of the bushi, she asks him to call the ones on the other boat over.

Carthrat

A few moments later, all 19 bushi are on deck, plus the Terrible Trio of Umi, Fuu, and Ukyo..

Corwin

"Let's split into two groups and head towards where Fuu said they were holding Sakura," Umi tells the gathered bushi. "The simpliest plans are usually the best. Any objections?"

Ebiris

"Battle tactics are not my strong point, so I will defer to your judgement in this," Fuu tells Umi.

"Is anyone here familiar with the internal layout of this type of vessel?" she then asks the assembled bushi, "Being able to attack the ship's brig on two fronts would certainly prove advantageous."