News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Captured! Revelations of the Mysterious Tomb..

Started by Carthrat, December 07, 2003, 10:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthrat

Dawn is just breaking as Umi, Fuu, and Ukyo reach the docks. Wet, wounded, and thoroughly miserable, the bushi and the former captured elves trickle off the boats, going to report to their respective commands.

This leaves the terrible trio alone with two dock workers around to lug all their 'liberated' gear around..
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Corwin

"We should go and see Okina-san first," Umi decides, looking at Ukyo and Fuu for confirmation.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

"Yes, we will need to report the failure of our mission," Fuu says, sounding depressed. "And perhaps he will have information on this 'Lord's Tomb' for us..."

Corwin

"Our mission didn't fail," Umi protests. "It's successful completion has merely been delayed."

Ebiris

"Perhaps so," Fuu says with a wan smile, "But can we afford such delays?" She sighs, "I only hope Hikaru is having more success..."

Corwin

"Let's hope so," Umi agrees with a nod. Turning towards the two dock workers, she asks, "Can you help us carry the weapons to the castle?"

Carthrat

The dock workers spare a glance to the rather large pile of swords (and a wicked looking spiked chain) before shrugging, and producing a cart from somewhere, then loading up all the goods.

Ukyo coughs, showing the the time Fuu's makeshift cure has been working is coming to an end..

"We should hurry," he says. "Things are moving too quickly for us."

Ebiris

"Indeed," Fuu nods, leading the way towards the castle.

Carthrat

A short while later, the group reaches the castle. After the formalities are done with, all the captured weapons and junk are stored away in a holding place, and the three are soon in front of Okina..

"Talk to me," he says.

Ebiris

"We were too late," Fuu reports, "Shigen seems to have the ability to teleport at will, and he moved Sakura-sama to another location before we even boarded the ship. We did rescue the ship's crew, though it seems a good number of the Gaijin 'diplomats' chose to side with the Fey'Ri for gold. We taught them the error of their ways, however.

"From what we could gather by interrogating one of the Gaijin, it seems Shigen spoke of a 'Lord's Tomb', and is likely to have taken Sakura-sama there. The name is unfamiliar to me, however..."

Corwin

"It's also possible that the object this Shigen is after is at that Tomb, and he merely let that information fall into our hands," Umi adds, frowning. "Perhaps, he expects us to get it for him before appearing in a suitably impressive fashion?"

Carthrat

"The Tomb of Lords?" replies Okina, raising his eyebrows. "I can't imagine that what is there would interest him.

I've heard of it, of course. It's an ancient tomb where the original founders of the Elves on this continent sleep their eternal rest. Their names have been lost to history, however.

Why he would want to go is beyond me. However.."

He flinches. "To open the Tomb, it is said that three elven maidens, pure of heart and strong of soul-"

Ukyo can't resist a snicker, which he then (pretty successfully) tries to disguise as a cough.

"-must bind their strength to open it."

Corwin

Umi shoots Ukyo a dirty glare, before facing the older elf. "Okina-san, you've heard our report. May I ask how the situation in the city is, and whether there's been any word yet from Hikaru?"

Carthrat

Okina pauses. "Hikaru hasn't come back," he says. "Neither has Toshi. We fear the worst.

As for the city.. it's been quiet. Nothing unusual has occured in your absence."

Corwin

"Hikaru would pull through," Umi states with confidence. "And we've all seen Master Toshi in action."