News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

Captured! Revelations of the Mysterious Tomb..

Started by Carthrat, December 07, 2003, 10:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

"I have a sword," she says simply, materializing it in her hands and showing it to him. "I want to make it better. Would you be the man to talk to?"
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Carthrat

"Nay," replies the Masked Mage. "I specialize not in the enchantment of weapons, but the trade of them.

I could certainly take the weapon and take it to one who could, however. That will take some time, though."
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Corwin

"So if I had an enchanted weapon, I could bring it and have you find a buyer for it?" Umi nods. "Alright. Do I need to know what the enchantment on it is, or would you be able to tell on your own?"

Carthrat

The Masked Mage shrugs. "I would take your word for it. However, if the buyer discovers you are lying, you will have to pay a fine equivalent to your losses."

Corwin

Umi smirks. "The shugenja examining the item in question would have to answer first... to me."

She nods to herself. "Okay. How long would it take to find a buyer, you figure? And a seller, if I wanted to get a better enchanted rapier?"

Carthrat

The mage shrugs. "Anywhere from a day to a month."

Corwin

"I'll be back later, then," she says, "with the weapon I want to sell, and to talk about the one I would like to purchase."

Umi blinks then, suddenly recalling something Fuu had mentioned to her in passing during their trip to the capital. "Oh! Would you happen to know where in the city I could purchase boots of elvenkind?"

Carthrat

The Mage ponders, then reaches into his cloak and produces a small card. "There's a house near the castle that deals in this sort of thing. Produce this card and tell them I sent you."

He gives you directions to the house..

Corwin

"Thanks," Umi says gratefully, and takes the card, before bidding the mage farewell and following the directions to said house.

Carthrat

It's a fairly simple house, with a closed door and an exquisitely tended garden..

Corwin

Umi knocks on the door, and waits for a response.

Carthrat

"Go away!" comes a womans voice, which nonetheless sounds beautiful regardless of it's tone. Like that of a siren, or possible an elven courtier.

Corwin

"I was sent here," Umi says, frowning as she describes the one who sent her over. "I have this card he gave me, and told to show you...."

Carthrat

The door is flung open, revealing a dishevelled-looking female elf wearing a rediculously long cloak that's far too big for her.

"Oh! That masked moron sent you, did he? So what do you want?"

Corwin

"I want to get a gift for a friend," Umi says, showing no outwards reaction to the other elf's appearance. "Boots of elvenkind, to be precise. Would you be the person to ask?"