News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

Rejected plot ideas

Started by Anastasia, May 20, 2004, 08:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Rejected plot idea 16 - Ann and Alan's love interests.

This is something I played around with for a bit. Their canon love interests, Usagi and Mamoru, both were unsuitable. Mamoru/Endymion just wasn't going to be interested in Ann and would tell her so very bluntly if pushed enough, and I didn't think Usagi would work with Alan considering all on her plate as is.

So, for awhile...I considered Alan going after Ami, but Panda was having time problems as is. I didn't want such a critical plot element stalled due to bad GM/player scheduling. That, and Ami didn't strike me as the type to get Alan's attention. I pondered Alan going after Herb's female form...for about three seconds before snickering and shaking my head. Not viable for so many reasons.  That pretty much left Makoto, who was out of the loop but could be brought back into this. *Click*

Ann was in something more of a bind. Really, the only non EVIL males in this arc on the market was Herb and...well, Herb. He showed interest as well, so I rolled with that.

Rejected plot idea 17 - Ann being a lesbian.

This was the other idea I had regarding the two's love lives - having them fight over the same girl. This was honestly tempting, as it could have produced some amusing and playable results. Ultimately rejected for being a touch too close to blowing up into a mess, and the fact that I didn't need another lesbian around. >_>

Rejected plot idea 18 - Rei and Kaolinite

When I first envisioned Rei's teacher, for some reason, I had her in mind. Thought about it a bit, and realised I had more room to work with Eudial and Mimette - both showed a real personality, while Kaolinite was some creepy girl who came back to life.  And since Mimette was partially claimed in another way by Minako...Eudial it was. That, and I got good feedback from Eb about her.

Rejected plot idea 19 - Eudial and Rei versus the Elves! (Pre-Purification)

Rei and Eudial had a run in or two with the energy vampires, and despite her best efforts, was never able to quite manage a breakthrough. I'd considered giving her a string to chase here....maybe even leading right to Ann and Alan if played perfectly. Why didn't it happen? Because...

Assume Rei and Eudial trace the elves home. Eudial would want to go settle things then and there - asking the other Witches wouldn't really be viable under that old system, either. In the heat of the moment, I find it likely Rei would agree. Short of a miracle, a battle would happen there. Rei and Eudial versus Alan and Ann would be a helluva showdown, with either side capable of winning. And pinned at home, the elves would go for kills to protect their Tree...

Assuming Rei and Eudial won and wiped the Elves out, the Mistress and Germatou would be QUITE happy with them...not only for eliminating a threat and annoyance, but for the fact that he'd want their bodies as well as the location of the apartment for study. With new DNA to work with of a magical race and perhaps something from the Tree, he'd make a few new toys. And of course, with a happy Germatou, it's likely the Mistress would want to speak to the two Witches who are getting it done.

And by speak, I mean have the Pharaoh reach out and touch them. Got to encourage and reward competent success, after all.

Rejected idea 20 - Germatou making a full stand at Mugen.

With a network of agents, a huge source of cash and tons of nice perks, Mugen was the idea base of operations for Germatou. He'd defend it as much as he could...but to the death? On seeing his work crumbling from the inside and fast, I decided he was enough of a canny survivor to admit defeat and have a backup planned. Just in case, mind you. It pretty much crippled his plans for the Grail, honestly, but...it was that or get destroyed by a superior force of Sailor Senshi and have his Witches turn against him.

Besides, this isn't the first time the Pharaoh has sent agents to this world and likely won't be the last. He can take the long view - even a good setup can fall apart, shit happens.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?