News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

Loot and Artifacts: Gimme!

Started by Anastasia, April 17, 2018, 02:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on November 11, 2018, 01:49:14 AMGiven that I personally looked into this stuff, if it's evil its evilness is beyond me to discover, Elle. I guess she can buy it? Same for Amaryl, I think the logic's weird but hey it's cool if she wants to, we don't lack for essential gear. Amusingly, Emily has shadow evocation and shadow conjuration because they're very nice for sorcs, and I bet she's not the only one.

Shar has dominion over shadows. Amaryl doesn't want power over shadows spreading, since that's something Shar has dominion over. The logic's pretty clear to me, for what that's worth. That covers the ring. Replace shadows with loss for the bowl and there you go.

QuoteAlso, a ledgers reminder. Even if you tell me I won't know IC till things resolve.

There's a shitload of efreet stuff going down right now, so let's roll that into all the prep that's going to happen in the next few days. Just go into IC and you'll get all the expo about it you want.

Realistically, I'm super stacked up right now with level ups, so I'd rather delegate that to a bit of IC time. I'm probably going to need to miss Monday for catching up unless the weekend goes better than I expect, so I'm trying not to add to my workload here.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on November 12, 2018, 10:50:34 PM
> Also, I need to buy some ioun stones. Did you ever do like a full set discount? And alternate bonus types?

There's no standard discount for buying a set. Perhaps you could negotiate one with a particular buyer, but nothing's guaranteed. For that matter, it depends on how you define a set. There's a lot of ioun stones in the SRD alone, let alone in other sources of the advances Kascha made in them.

What do you mean by alternate bonus types, and to which stones do you mean?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on November 14, 2018, 11:18:30 PM

Like the bonus to AC or stats, or the competence bonus on attacks and stuff. Like making a luck version or something for the attack and sacred or whatever for the others.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on November 14, 2018, 11:20:17 PM

Like the bonus to AC or stats, or the competence bonus on attacks and stuff. Like making a luck version or something for the attack and sacred or whatever for the others.

It depends. Quote me the stone in question and what you'd like to change it to.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Anastasia on November 14, 2018, 11:26:14 PM

Okay, so...

Dusty Rose Prisim, 5,000gp: +1 insight to AC. Change this to Luck.
Stat bonuses (All for the sake of getting them done in one go), 8,000gp: +2 enhancement bonus to <stat>. Change to Sacred or luck. Or insight?
Pale Green Prism, 30,000gp: +1 competence bonus on attack rolls, saves, skill checks, and ability checks. Change to insight and/or luck.
Orange Prism, 30,000gp: +1 Caster Level. Normal is untyped, so any other type.

Corwin

I'd like to try my hand at making a Cauldron-based Mission Arch. Unlike Aurora's, the intention is to use it solely for the mundane forces and not the officers.

I'm playing with a few designs, but first I need to see what's acceptable and whether I'm pricing them right.

Example: Chasing Perfection (lvl6 spell, CL11 needed to cast, duration of 1min/level, material component 50gp)
I'd like use-activated or continuous activation, so the formula from the SRD should be: 6spell level x 11CL x 2000use-activated/continuous x2duration + 50material component x 100when use-activated/continuous, which comes down to 264,000 + 5,000 = 269,000gp (134,500gp to make).

Also, what I really want is to make my elementals wiser and smarter for most of the day, so could I use one of Iddy's dragon princess spells as the template?
8SL x 15CL x 2000 x 1.5per hour spell = 360,000gp (180,000gp to make).

What if I used two of Iddy's spell, the ones for Wis and Int? Would they work like multiple similar abilities, so the cost of adding the second spell would be half (360,000+360,000x0.5 = 540,000gp)?

Since it became apparent recently that smarter elementals serving me are better, but that you'd prefer I didn't summon goal-oriented elementals, I thought of trying this method. Please tell me if it works to achieve what I want.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on November 14, 2018, 11:34:26 PM
Quote from: Anastasia on November 14, 2018, 11:26:14 PM

Okay, so...

Dusty Rose Prisim, 5,000gp: +1 insight to AC. Change this to Luck.

RAW same price, since any non typical bonus falls into the same formula on the SRD. If I'd allow is the more salient question, which is 'maybe/probably'.

QuoteStat bonuses (All for the sake of getting them done in one go), 8,000gp: +2 enhancement bonus to <stat>. Change to Sacred or luck. Or insight?

Generally off limits. You may find things like this occasionally, but making those is usually off the table. This is an intentional choice on my end to combat ability score bloat.

QuotePale Green Prism, 30,000gp: +1 competence bonus on attack rolls, saves, skill checks, and ability checks. Change to insight and/or luck.

More expensive, I'd have to check formulas and past items.

QuoteOrange Prism, 30,000gp: +1 Caster Level. Normal is untyped, so any other type.

Think I'll disallow that to prevent everyone wanting x number of ioun stones, each with a different +1 bonus to CL.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Alicia's time adventure

Sword of the Eons: Bastard Sword+6. When this sword wounds a creature with a lifespan that is not immortal, the creature ages 1d8 years. The wielder's lifespan increases by 1 week for each year a creature is aged in this manner.
Sphere of Circles: Once per day, a sorcerer may use this sphere to combine up to 3 lesser spells per day into a spell per day of a higher spell level. For example, 3 3rd level spells could be combined to provide an extra 9th level spell for the day. This sphere cannot provide spell levels of a higher level than the user can cast. Extra spells granted by this item vanish after 24 hours.
Dawnshard: When exposed to the light of the dawn, the holder of this shard gains a +3 bonus to armor class for 24 hours. 
Timekeeper's Helmet: This helmet grants a +1 bonus to armor class, though that it not its true powers. The wearer of this helmet is always aware of the exact time and date (in whatever format is most familiar to them), as well as always ready to go at a moment's notice. This grants them a +2 bonus to initiative.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Dawnshard: When exposed to the light of the dawn, the holder of this shard gains a +3 bonus to armor class for 24 hours. 

This is given to Latha.

Sphere of Circles: Once per day, a sorcerer may use this sphere to combine up to 3 lesser spells per day into a spell per day of a higher spell level. For example, 3 3rd level spells could be combined to provide an extra 9th level spell for the day. This sphere cannot provide spell levels of a higher level than the user can cast. Extra spells granted by this item vanish after 24 hours.

Alicia keeps this for herself.

Sword of the Eons: Bastard Sword+6. When this sword wounds a creature with a lifespan that is not immortal, the creature ages 1d8 years. The wielder's lifespan increases by 1 week for each year a creature is aged in this manner.
Timekeeper's Helmet: This helmet grants a +1 bonus to armor class, though that it not its true powers. The wearer of this helmet is always aware of the exact time and date (in whatever format is most familiar to them), as well as always ready to go at a moment's notice. This grants them a +2 bonus to initiative.

These are stored in case they're ever needed.

Iron Dragoon

-10k gold to pay off dragons @2500 ea/4.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on November 18, 2018, 01:44:27 PM

This is given to Latha.

Alicia keeps this for herself.

These are stored in case they're ever needed.

Latha takes the shard with thanks. In her hands the shard is always active, befitting her nature as a sun. Rest goes without incident.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Cor, I had something to do for you here, right? Link me to it, please?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on November 03, 2018, 02:13:35 PM
Quote from: Corwin on October 25, 2018, 04:14:28 PMYou answered on the Hakimi ring front, but not re: Amaryl, I'm afraid. Also, it's been a couple days, I think? Has my avatar decyphered the ledgers into something legible and profitable?

Yes on the ledgers. I'll go over those once the current situation is cleared, or I may write them up over the weekend.

This.

The other thing is here. I wanted it to reflect the use of the purified Forsaken Charm.

Anastasia

Stone of Goldenfire v2

This stone was given to Seira Aryn after a successful spar against Pistis Sophia. It is soaked in the insight of the misty hills of Solania and bolstered by the flames that eternally burn with Seira. The stone is small enough to comfortably fit within a human's closed hand and is primarily blue with bands of milky white as well as large flecks of gold.

When held by a good aligned creature or a worshiper of Seira, the stone grants a +15 insight bonus to any Knowledge checks about goldenfire.  Additionally, they find the ideas and philosophy of goldenfire spoken to them over time, heard in their mind and teaching them more about it. This can lead the holder to discover goldenfire and how to use it safely. They gain a +4 bonus to any checks to learn or master goldenfire, or against any saving throws from it, including any provoked from trying to learn it.

A neutral creature that holds the stone gains no benefit unless they worship Seira. An evil creature that holds or touches the stone takes 3d10 points of goldenfire damage. This damage is taken per round if the stone is held. There is no saving throw against this damage, but it ends once the stone is no longer held. If the holder of the stone is slain by a non good creature, that creature automatically takes 3d10 goldenfire damage.

Finally, hope and power sleep within the stone. If used to save a nearly lost world, more powers may emerge.

Seira can provoke this goldenfire damage at will if she holds the stone. Doing so for her is a swift action.

Backend Stuff

Seira understands the stone perfectly and can discern where it is at any time (barring the actions of other deities or certain rare situations).

This stone is tied to the hope of someone who refuses to give up, even in an impossible battle. Should it be held by a good creature who willingly submits to and embraces evil in battle, the stone will be shattered and destroyed.

In time Seira could adjust the powers of the stone or even change it further within theme. This would require hands on time with the stone but allows customization. This will get harder the more its used, so if you want to change something, soonest is best. Right now the artifact is remade and reborn, in a phase where change is possible.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Thanks! Also, I see that the Mission Arch question hasn't been answered yet. At the time you said you had to think about it?