News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

Getting the band together

Started by Anastasia, January 23, 2019, 01:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

'It'll be done, talking to Alicia now.' Is Elle's reply.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

She only meant to update Elle of the needs, given that the scouts are reporting to her at present. Elle would need to learn to carry two conversations at the very least once she ascends, so this is good practice!
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

'Forces will be ready if you call on Alicia's aid,' Elle responds back, as your magic works through the ranks, murmurings of appreciation, gratitude and awe.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira nods to herself, as it is much like she had expected. As the magic spreads, and her orders for future deployments take hold, she looks at their adjusted plan anew!

Anastasia

Your plan feels solid now - you don't feel any flaws in it.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Seira decides to wait on new information, making herself scarce!

Anastasia

Soon enough word reaches you: "The diviners say this is serious," Donald says, "Something's coming for us."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I'm sure you heard from Donald already, Seira tells Elle. Since it's a serious attack, we'll meet it with force. Appraise Romiel of things, and coordinate with Sylica. Once the efreet commit, formally request their intervention and let's catch those bastards between our two forces!

Anastasia

'On it,' Elle says, 'We're going to crush them.'
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

And then, there's little to do but wait for the efreet to tip their hand!

Anastasia

Before we get into this, any spell prep or the like for anyone?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

The spotters got True Seeing, Vision of the Omniscient Eye (+10 insight bonus to Spot, immunity to dazzled and blinded, faerie fire as swift within 60ft if cast with spells to see invisible creatures) and Invisibility Purge (165ft radius sphere negating all forms of invisibility). Duration is 33 minutes.

Every named NPC participating in the defense and myself (me and my avatar) got the usual combat loadout via myself, with my avatar hanging back near the portal area and preserving her strength. Also, she's there in case the enemy has someone with bullshit UMD to bypass the portals' intent-based limitation for use. It also seems sensible to forbid fiends, efreet, dao and evil elementals to travel through them at this time.

Corwin

CL 33 spells for all named chars:
Overall: Glorious Rally, Celestial Valor, Ghost Touch (Armor, Shield and Weapons), Recitation (per round spell)
Defensive: Shield of Warding, Foresight, Visions of the Future, Dragonskin, Foresight, Superior Vigor (per round spell)
Perception Modes and Protections: True Seeing, Vision of the Omniscient Eye, Detect Scrying, Greater Arcane Sight
Movement Modes and Protections: Freedom of Movement, Pass Without Trace, Greater Anticipate Teleport
Skill Checks: Greater Heroism, Voice of the Dragon
Ability Checks: Good Hope, Sign
Immunities and Resistances: Nondetection, Mass Death Ward, Heroes's Feast, Energy Res 30 (all)
Esoteric Boosters: Fortunate Fate, Spell Turning

Benefits:
AC: +17 normal/+12 touch/+12+ghost touch armor/shield incorporeal (+2 insight Foresight, +5 sacred Shield of Warding, +3 luck Recitation, +2 dodge Visions of the Future, +5 natural armor Dragonskin, +ghost touch armor/shield)
Attack: +13 (+4 sacred Celestial Valor, +6 morale Glorious Rally, +3 luck Recitation)
Damage: +10 (+4 sacred Celestial Valor, +6 morale Glorious Rally)
Fort and Will Saves: +13 (+4 sacred Celestial Valor, +6 morale Glorious Rally, +3 luck Recitation)
Ref Save +16 (+5 sacred Shield of Warding, +6 morale Glorious Rally, +3 luck Recitation, +2 insight Foresight)
Ability Checks: +2 (+2 morale from Good Hope)
Init: +2/+6 (+2 morale from Good Hope, +4 one-time bonus from Sign)
66 temp hp

Also fast healing 8 (Superior Vigor), immunity to all death spells, magical death effects, energy drain, and any negative energy effects (Mass Death Ward), immunity to poison and fear (Heroes's Feast), energy resistance 30 to fire/cold/acid/elec/sonic (Energy Resistance x5), being a difficult target to divination (Nondetection), becoming impossible to track without magic, and limiting the usefulness of scent (Pass Without Trace), moving and attacking normally everywhere, as well as receiving +15 to CMD vs grapples (Freedom of Movement), being healed with 150hp once if dropped below 0 (Fortunate Fate), reflecting 1d4+6 spell levels of spells that have you as a target and aren't touch spells (Spell Turning), +10 enhancement bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks and a really nice and deep commanding voice (Voice of the Dragon), true seeing, +10 to perception and immunity to being dazzled or blinded (Vision of the Omniscient Eye), immediate ability to analyze magic (Greater Arcane Sight) and our favorite combo of detecting when someone's scrying on you and blocking their teleport for 3 rounds any time they try to teleport within a 165ft radius of you.

I and my avatar also cast the following on ourselves (each on herself):
Sensual Blessing, Many Moments of Prescience, Moment of Prescience, Mind Blank, Bibliotheca Arcana

My numerical benefits:
AC: +14 normal/+9 touch/+17 incorporeal (+2 insight Foresight, +5 sacred Shield of Warding, +2 dodge Visions of the Future, +5 natural armor Dragonskin, +8 ghost touch shield)
Attack: +10 (+4 sacred Celestial Valor, +6 morale Glorious Rally)
Damage: +10 (+4 sacred Celestial Valor, +6 morale Glorious Rally)
Fort and Will Saves: +10 (+4 sacred Celestial Valor, +6 morale Glorious Rally)
Ref Save +13 (+5 sacred Shield of Warding, +6 morale Glorious Rally, +2 insight Foresight)
Ability Checks: +2 (+2 morale from Good Hope)
Init: +2/+6 (+2 morale from Good Hope, +4 one-time bonus from Sign)
66 temp hp

Anastasia

Soon enough, a scout. "Ma'am! They're coming," The half dragon kneels before you, "A great army! A great host, thousands and thousands and thousands more, like the grains of sand in the ocean."
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

"Distance to our forces?" Seira calmly asks him. "And composition of their army? Only efreet, mixed force with devils?"