News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

Loot and Artifacts: Gimme!

Started by Anastasia, April 17, 2018, 02:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Feel free to cross post those here and port those over, too.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

From this thread.

So Alicia also has the following:
Unholy Shortsword +1
Skull of Golgotha (Tomb Tainted Soul feat, Summon Undead III 1/day)
Nine Lives Slayer (+2 longsword, does 1d6+1 con damage on crit 9 times before losing ability)
Robe of the Black Archmagi

Also Seira has this:

Todesurteil: This lantern sheds life draining green light in a thirty foot radius. Each round a being is exposed to it, they suffer one point of vile consitution drain. This can only be healed by a Restoration spell cast in a sanctified area.

Just in case she ever wants to do anything with it.

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on September 11, 2018, 12:22:50 PM
The Decanter of Endless Water (9,000gp) is made with Control Water, is it possible to make a smaller item of endless drinking water with Create Water (lvl0 cantrip at CL1)? And if so, how much would it cost?

How about an endless item of Create Food and Water (lvl3 spell at CL5)?

Taking a glance at my old Barrel of Endless Bounty* and a bit of quick research via google, it seems like it can comfortably feed 18 people a day?

*This barrel can produce up to 100 pounds of food per day. All of the food is attuned to Seira's tastes. The food so produced is fresh and safe to eat. A dispel magic on the barrel will render it non operational until it's filled with food again. [2,000gp]

That's not RAW unreasonable.

I'd rule a source of endless drinking water would be a decent amount for balance reasons, so as not to trivialize it entirely. Less than the decanter, but more what I imagine the cantrip would cost. Lemme math that real quick. 1k? RAW legal but I don't like that, I'd fiat boost it to..mmm.  How much output would you expect from it and how many people would you say an individual one should provide for?

Endless Create Food and Water? Mmmm. 30k RAW, arguably too cheap for what it does on a societal scale. It balances better if it's the baseline plain cruel and clear water (or whatever it is) that Create Food and Water produces. But whatever, we'll roll with 30k there for now.

Total honesty, the food barrel's underpriced by any RAW metric. It's an early work and it shows. That cat's out of the bag so I'm not going to change it too much, bu tI'll treat it like an MIC item and apply a doubler to it. 4k, done.

<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Ooh, nice! Speaking of evil stuffs, are you doing anything with that thing that was made with the death of hope in a soul?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

No. Since hope is Seira's thing if you think you can do anything with it I'll happily hand it over.

Corwin

Yep, I'll give it a try. In fact, it could be a good test case for how purifications work from the deity side. Maybe I'll find a cute devoted priestess to do it for me~

Ebiris

Forsaken Charm: +1 profane bonus to caster level of spells. Said to be made by the death of hope in a soul.

Given to Seira.

Nephrite

-50g for some Divination(s)

Nephrite

Anastasia

QuoteI'd rule a source of endless drinking water would be a decent amount for balance reasons, so as not to trivialize it entirely. Less than the decanter, but more what I imagine the cantrip would cost. Lemme math that real quick. 1k? RAW legal but I don't like that, I'd fiat boost it to..mmm.  How much output would you expect from it and how many people would you say an individual one should provide for?

Quoting this in case it got lost in the back and forth.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Quote from: Anastasia on October 11, 2018, 12:13:01 PM
That's not RAW unreasonable.

I'd rule a source of endless drinking water would be a decent amount for balance reasons, so as not to trivialize it entirely. Less than the decanter, but more what I imagine the cantrip would cost. Lemme math that real quick. 1k? RAW legal but I don't like that, I'd fiat boost it to..mmm.  How much output would you expect from it and how many people would you say an individual one should provide for?

Endless Create Food and Water? Mmmm. 30k RAW, arguably too cheap for what it does on a societal scale. It balances better if it's the baseline plain cruel and clear water (or whatever it is) that Create Food and Water produces. But whatever, we'll roll with 30k there for now.

Total honesty, the food barrel's underpriced by any RAW metric. It's an early work and it shows. That cat's out of the bag so I'm not going to change it too much, bu tI'll treat it like an MIC item and apply a doubler to it. 4k, done.

This did get lost in the shuffle, so it's nice to see.

Endless drinking water fountain should suffice for a village's population, and for a town... let's say four city blocks? So large towns would need more than the one, placed strategically. It seeks to emulate the drinking fountains that were set in city squares/near churches in the Europe of the middle ages and in use all the way into the 20th century.

*gruel, I hope. I'm not magicking up cruel water.

Right. Let's call them gnomish prototypes. Thanks!

Nephrite

Anastasia

Alicia's Daemonhunt

Chunk of strange semi life material that provided the ghostly garden
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Seira's Shar Smash

1 black sword
1 strange bowl
2 chakrams
3 rings
1 anklet
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Warrior's Spelltome

This artifact is a wealth of lore about the arcane and martial blended together. To most, it is a tome with nothing interesting within. To those with martial and arcane training, the book is an invaluable wellspring of insights. To benefit from the Warrior's Spelltome, the reader must fulfill the following prerequisites:

- At least 3 levels in a class that grants +1 base attack bonus every level (such as fighter, paladin or barbarian).
- The ability to cast 2nd level arcane spells.
- Three feats that can be selected as fighter bonus feats. They do not need to be taken with actual fighter bonus feats, but only be eligible to taken as fighter bonus feats.

Those that read the tome find it full of practical advice on blending fighting ability and arcane magic together, as well as sections of Alicia's dogma. It takes a minimum of a week's study to learn the secrets within the tome. When this reading is done, the reader gains new insight which manifests as a bonus feat from the list below. The exact feat is chosen by the book (or Alicia if she wishes).

Arcane Strike, Battle Caster, Combat Casting, Exotic Weapon Proficiency, Eschew Materials, Extend Spell, Improved Initiative, Knowledge Devotion, Practiced Spellcaster, Toughness, Weapon Focus.

Additionally, the reader gains inspiration for a new spell. This may be an existing spell or a new spell, but is no higher than the higher spell the reader can cast minus one. Developing this spell takes only a single day, after which the reader gains it as a spell known or in their spellbook, as applicable.

Backend Stuff

Alicia understands the book perfectly and can discern where it is at any time (barring the actions of other deities or certain rare situations). She can choose the exact benefits anyone who reads gets, as it is her divine power supplying them. This is treated as a deific gift. As such, a reader who does not qualify for one from Alicia may be required to go on a quest before gaining the benefit of reading the tome. A reader that chooses to accept and follow Alicia as a result of the tenets of the faith expressed in the book is counted as advancing Alicia's interests and thus qualifies.

As blood created this book, blood can destroy it. Should the blood of Shar or the blood of a quasi power or higher that serves Shar touch the Warrior's Spelltome, it is destroyed for all time. Alicia is fully aware of this.

In time Alicia could adjust the feats offered by the book or even change it further within theme. This would require hands on time with the book but allows customization. This will get harder the more its used, so if you want to change something, soonest is best. Right now the artifact is remade and reborn, in a phase where change is possible.
<Afina> Forever.