News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

The depths of Ice

Started by Anastasia, August 20, 2018, 01:33:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Give me a second UMD check, tortle.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

You are warm. You are free of the cold. You can fly! You appear in a fairly simple room, a circle surrounded by pillars. It is dark here, dim, only the fading light of an identical magical circle illuminating the room. A single door ahead leads out of the room.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Tryll floats slowly off the ground. 'That's better. Telepathy only until we know where we are, please. Calleigh can silence you if you're not stealthy.'
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Can your group actually talk to everyone that way?
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Probably not, but Tryll can act as a relay.

Anastasia

Okay then.

'That'll have to do,' Debonah agrees, raising a hand and then bringing a finger to her lips. 'Let's go.'

Dana nods with a scowl while Benyen points at the door and then to you, 'Go on, who takes the lead now?'
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'OHHH ME!' Calleigh silently waves all of her limbs.

Anastasia

"Besides Calleigh," Debonah clarifies, "She shouldn't be in danger when we're here to do that for her."
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'SHHH!' Calleigh says, 'No out-loud stuff! See, this is why I'm better at sneaking!'

Anastasia

Debonah goes silent, 'The point stands.'
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

'Nuh uh, I'm flying. Not standing. Also,' Calleigh points behind Debonah, 'We have company.'

Anastasia

Everyone turns to look behind Debonah, even Debonah.

No one is there.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

Calleigh takes the opportunity to leave the room to go scout, phasing into the walls and making sure to stick to well-lit areas.

Anastasia

Ahead is a dark and silent hallway, perhaps 20ft long. About midway a broken skeleton sits, frozen metal mace and armor lying on the ground. The door on the far side is closed.
<Afina> Forever.