News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

From the Ashes... A new king's day?

Started by Dracos, January 28, 2007, 08:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

OOC: Okay.  Let's see if I can get this started again.
IC:

It was weeks later when the hungry nomads traveled into the stone framework of Baron, the villages dispersed among dozens of willing helpers as the king took swift action to aid the ailing people.  The rumors of trouble from the south at this point were but a distant memory and further more was their lost teller of stories.

The party regrouped in the middle of the north, their clues, two stars of power and a third to the south.  As well as their tablet, speaking strangely of star lights risen upon towers.

Things were never simple though in the wasteland, and rumors more reached their ears of the city of New Reno seeking to extend itself northbound.  So a decision stood before the heroes, to investigate the problems of baron with it's rowdy neighbors and head south towards tower and star that lay in the core of the wasteland or to head east, where rumor had it another star did lie.  Or equally, to abandon either and take the offer that arrived to join a trade expedition to the north, where rumor had it a clan of men unlike any they had known lived.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

"What do you fellows want to do?" Felix asks of his companions as he scratchs his chin in thought. "I think heading south is our best option, but you're the ones that have been at this for far longer."
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Olvelsper

"I'm tired." Jan shook his head. "I'm going to see what they have in the way of churches here." The negotiator started away from the group, not really wanting to hang around them for long now.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2589971/Ol%27Velsper : Then we will write in the shade.

Dracos

Meandering through the town, Jan found it was woefully lacking in churches or indeed churchlike things.  What a strange place.  Despite all the european trappings it was as if any signs of religion had been carefully and consistently stripped away.

Indeed, the only thing he could find that even spoke of religion was a strange man with greasy blonde hair dressed in ratty brown robes towards a less fortunate era of town.  He spoke of the "Player" and his relation to the "World" and that they moved and danced in accordance to his whims and nothing else, hammering upon a deep ratty book he referred to as the holy "Player's Guide".

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Shukuen

"South probably is our best bet," Leets answered speculatively, even as a despondant Jan left the group in search of a church. The young thief didn't blame him in the slightest, as their situation was the most dire they have been in yet. "We can resupply more easily along the way since there will be towns closeby, killing two birds with one-stone," he continued. Though supplies weren't the only issue, the long trek had stretched themselves thin.

Olvelsper

Jan continued walking along, occasionally reading over a well worn letter he had kept in his vest the whole trip. 'Dammit, old timer. This shouldn't have happened to you.'

He vaguely remembered that the castle had something that came close enough to the church. Having remembered the white mages, the negotiator started towards the castle.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2589971/Ol%27Velsper : Then we will write in the shade.

Dracos

Being a known face, Jan quickly obtained entry, a kindly older woman in white robes greeting him at the white mage's hall.  She was a bit wide, with a matronly air about her, her hood down, revealing a chubby face with gray streaked red hair.  Acolytes were visible around the room, studying white magic at various desks.

"You look as if you are carrying a heavy burden, young man?"

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Re: Leets

Leets realized that they did have friends in town, who could probably help them with supplies if they asked.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Olvelsper

"I was just wondering if you could put souls to rest? I'm not sure how religion works in this kingdom, but I'd appreciate it if a friend of mine could get a proper send off to the afterlife." Jan trailed off at the end.

Dracos

"Ah, I see...  We might be able to help if it's recently deceased.  But if not...we can say prayers for your friend's soul.  What was his or her name?"  The motherly woman came over, gently patting Jan on the shoulder.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Olvelsper

"It was Fizban. He was a very good friend, and loyal to the end." Jan tucked away the final farewell he had left them in his vest pocket.

Dracos

The older woman nodded, leading the congregation around her in a hymn.  Jan couldn't quite make out what language it was in, but it sounded very beautiful and he could recognize Fizban's name in it from time to time.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Olvelsper

'I hope that you can hear this wherever you are, old timer.' Jan thought as he merely bowed his head in reverence for the moment.

Dracos

Jan felt a sense of peace.  He could not know whether the prayers were heard or whether this gave any peace of mind to the spirit of Fizban, gone to this world....  It did give him a sense of peace though, a feeling that things would be alright.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Olvelsper

Jan made sure to thank all the white mages for their time and help. He made his way out of their way as he began to wander about Castle Baron aimlessly, wanting to take some moments to reflect on things before he had to go talk to King Cecil.