News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

Hypothetical - Jackpot! (D and D 3.5/3.0/2)

Started by Anastasia, February 22, 2007, 11:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

You did it. After more chargens and campaigns than you can remember, you've reached dicing bliss. As you spike the d6s and your GM fights off a stroke, you marvel at your lucky handiwork:

Your new PC is a superman. You have any potential class or build open with these scores; what do you choose and why?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

I choose... to reroll.  >_>;...  

Well, that's actually the well thought answer.  As much as I do enjoy being superman, it tends to ruin it for the rest  playing, which leads to a less satisfying long term game.

now, what I tend to do in games that don't involve that?

I tended to lean towards monk in 3.0.  In 2.0 I tended towards Kensei with those stats.  Now probably towards rogue/fighter or wizard, going down one of the chains knowing I really have few weaknesses.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

QuoteI choose... to reroll. >_>;...
I wouldn't reroll just because I'd hate to reroll and end up on the other spectrum. I would offer doing what we did in one game (I can't remember which one) where we just made all the rolls everyone made into a pool of stat points  and then sort of tried to split them up so they were fairly even with one another.

Alternatively, ask to keep two or three of the 18s and reroll the rest.

QuoteYour new PC is a superman. You have any potential class or build open with these scores; what do you choose and why?
If I did have to play with the great stats... It'd depend on whatever I'd feel like playing at the time, honestly.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Bjorn

I'd play a gnomish bard.  Or whatever the gimped class du jour is.  God-like stats are an excuse to take what should be useless weakness and make a memorable experience.

Carthrat

I'd roll a dice and pick one at random, and I'd include the gimpy NPC classes.

(If I was twinking I'd play a rooooooogue)
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Anastasia

I'm a bit surprised. Perhaps it's just me, but playing said Superman would make it an experience and challenge all it's own. Playing someone at the very maximum edge of human potential has a lure to see if you could pull it off.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Carthrat

People play characters as if they were superhuman all the time, though. And they DO pull it off.

in games around here anyway.

Seriously, it's kind of silly. If you're playing a superheroic character like that, it should really be an integral part of the game itself, not a random fluke thing that causes you to eclipse all the other players. It'd be hard work to keep it fun for your lesser, mortal companions.

And if I was one of the lesser people and had to play alongside someone who rolled all 18s, I'd probably be all 'screw this' and quit if I didn't get to share in the luck. It's seriously unfun playing second fiddle, *all the time*.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up