News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Downtime/away thread!

Started by Anastasia, February 26, 2007, 04:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

This is the handy dandy thread for saying when you won't be around! It's also coupled with a query after this, too! Anyway, before I get to that, post here if you know you aren't going to be here on any given day. Makes my life easier to know in advance.

Question: In the event a player misses several days in a row, would you rather we wait for them or that I consider NPCing them for an event if need be?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Jo'ou Ranbu

Personally, I don't mind NPCing myself. I know I've been on the miss for a few days right now, and I'd rather have the story flow keeping itself steady in that case, since I'd rather not end up burdening the other PCs, and I don't mind logreading to keep it up.

Anastasia

Quote from: "Jo'ou Ranbu"Personally, I don't mind NPCing myself. I know I've been on the miss for a few days right now, and I'd rather have the story flow keeping itself steady in that case, since I'd rather not end up burdening the other PCs, and I don't mind logreading to keep it up.

I admit you were the one in mind when I typed this. <_<

Aside from that, I don't like NPCing everyone, but sitting everyone on the hotseat for several days sucks a lot, too.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

NPCing is fine if just one person isn't around and it's the sort of thing that wouldn't really be that character's specialty for the session, I guess.

Anastasia

Also, related tangent that I forgot to put in the original post: If one is NPCed, would you rather have a PC handle it or the GM?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

If like Eb said it's not the char's specialty, I don't really care who rolls the attacks/checks ac/whatever. Just as long as my char is npc'd in very generic and passive term! In other words, I don't want the npc me to go on lengthy, motivational speeches on do inspirational combat/tumbling descriptions.  ^^
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Okay, I think I get the message here, pending Hotaru having something to say. I'll NPC if it's a serious time issue in a non essential situation, though I'd still rather avoid it.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

I'm going to take a moment to remind people to post to this thread if you won't be here on a day or will be late.
<Afina> Forever.

Jo'ou Ranbu

Starting this week, Saturday gaming will most likely be scarce for me for a while (at least for a month). I'll be in an afternoon course that goes from 2PM-6PM (my time), and I'll usually be home by 7PM.

Asrana

I won't be around tomorrow, wednesday the 7th. Paper writing ho.
lt;Kotono>  (Currently looks like a 16-year-old girl):I walk up to the leader and say, "Are you so sure you want our money?" and use my alter self ability to grow a massive bulge in my pants.

Jo'ou Ranbu

I have a few errands to run tomorrow, so I may come to Monday's game a bit late.

Jo'ou Ranbu

My mother just asked me to do errands (paying bills and doing groceries). Going to come about an hour (maybe an hour and a half) late to the game.

Anastasia

Quote from: "Jo'ou Ranbu"My mother just asked me to do errands (paying bills and doing groceries). Going to come about an hour (maybe an hour and a half) late to the game.

Okay, thanks for the headsup. Let's just aim for Thursday/Friday then.
<Afina> Forever.

Asrana

Not around today, fate being an ice bitch. No time or temperament to be around a group.
lt;Kotono>  (Currently looks like a 16-year-old girl):I walk up to the leader and say, "Are you so sure you want our money?" and use my alter self ability to grow a massive bulge in my pants.

Anastasia

Quote from: "Asrana"Not around today, fate being an ice bitch. No time or temperament to be around a group.

Okay. Let's try/hope for Friday then.
<Afina> Forever.