News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

(Arc 4-3) Berlioz Jones and the Temple(Masoleum) of Doom!

Started by Anastasia, March 21, 2007, 03:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

> The path to the graveyard is not a very long one. You cut through a few main streets heading along towards it. As you do, you find that the day is turning cool and cloudy. Ahead is the masoleum - it's a fenced in space of green, a tall wrough iron fence and gate. The masoleum looks to be two stories high and made of gray and white stone, the symbol of Helm atop the gate and front entrance.
> Donald peers ahead, "It all looks normal. Nothing on the outside, of course."
* Berlioz sighs. "Of course it looks normal, we haven't even searched for anything. Anyone more competent than a Kobold would at least make sure appearances were kept."
<Shamal> "You shouldn't underestimate kobolds, Berlioz," Shamal remonstrates with a gentle smile as they approach the gate, "They live by the credo of 'appearances can be deceiving'."
> The gate is plain black iron, wrough tinto twists and curls. In the center, over where the two halves meet, is a simple key lock and chain. It looks quite sturdy.
* Seira uses the key to unlock it, gathering up the chain.
> This goes well. The chain is well kept and oiled, not even creaking as the gates open. You can smell grass and fresh earth ahead, the gates of the large stone masoleum awaiting.
* Shamal looks rather content as she breathes in the earthy scents, petting Rin as they walk in towards the mausoleum.
> It's quiet here as the party approaches the front. It's one wide stone door to lead you in, a pull ring on the front side.
* Lyselle glances around, mostly just admiring the architecture as they remain on the relatively innocent exterior of what must be the hunting grounds of their foe.
* Shamal opens the door!
> OOC - Spot check if you like, Lyselle.
<Seira> "Any better ideas than searching for disturbed earth and dug up graves?" Seira asks.
<Lyselle> roll 1d20+1
* Hatbot --> "Lyselle rolls 1d20+1 and gets 19." [1d20=18]
> Lyselle notes that the grass around the masoleum's front and sides is rather disturbed. Not the sort of thing you'd notice at first, but it's clearly been walked/trampled on recently. Meanwhile, Shamal opens the door. A whiff of cooler air and mustiness greets her nose, as inside you see a short hallway leading to another door. On the walls are verses carved into the stone, written in common.
<Shamal> "I'm afraid not," Shamal admits to Seira as she steps inside. "This is the only lead we seem to have, so far."
<Lyselle> "Hmm...someone's been walking around here," the blonde brainer observes, Lyselle glancing back to the entrance, looking within.
> Donald sniffs the air, giong inside. "Pfah." He glances at the verses on the wall, "Looks like normal religious writings here. Hm?" A glance out at Lyselle, curious.
<Shamal> "Could be mourners or priests... or could be a necromancer and his animated dead," Shamal notes, likewise taking a look at the footsteps to see if anything out of the ordinary presents itself.
<Lyselle> "Grass around here has been trampled," Lyselle explains, gesturing to the greenery.
<Berlioz> "Considering the current circumstances, betting on unwanted visitors would be the most likely. But it's a pretty faint lead what we have here."
> The footsteps look humanish on Shamal. OOC - Spot check if you like as well.
<Shamal> roll 1d20+10
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+10 and gets 22." [1d20=12]
> Shamal does notice a yellow glint of something just off one of the footsteps as she examines.
<Shamal> "Hello, what's this?" Shamal muses aloud, kneeling down to examine said yellow glint.
> Kneeling down, Shamal finds another golden chain. A tiny bit of rotten cloth clings to it.
<Shamal> "Well, now..." Shamal picks it up, holding it to the light. "This might be something for Rin to track by, assuming the necromancer keeps his or her zombies close. But let's examine the mausoleum first before we try that?" she suggests.
* Seira decides to be prepared, and holds onto her bow as she nods in agreement.
* Berlioz scratches his head. "Might as well."
> "Damn," Donald observes, turning back, "That means that..." With a grunt he draws his sword out, starting to go forward.
* Shamal is happy to let the people with armour and big weapons take the lead, following along with Rin at her heel.
> Ahead past the verses is another pull ring stone door. Looks easy enough if anyone wants to open it.
> Seeing no one else step up, Donald goes to the ring. "Well?" he grunts, taking it in hand.
<Lyselle> "Might as well," Lyselle nods, bracing with her shield and drawn silver longsword.
> With a yank the door opens! Another rush of musty air, for inside here:
> A long, wide hall. Here are coffins lined up on biers, several rows deep and back. The only light comes from occasional stone bowls that cast radience up, sending shadows all over. It's a very long hall, a set of stairs going both up and down seen several hundred feet ahead. Coffins everywhere - including a few that are crudely broken apart, here and there. One's even close...
* Shamal enters the room, assuming others are also doing so, and goes to investigate the nearest broken coffin. "No doubt left, now," she murmurs.
* Seira counts the broken and otherwise opened coffins.
> It's two up and two deep. The coffins are generally made of wood, dark stained but otherwise plain. As Shamal approaches the broken one, she can see that no body can be found. Seira can count four broken coffins total here."
* Lyselle moves slowly forward with her shield held forward, looking into the coffins. "Nothing...?"
> OOC - Looking into a fresh coffin or the broken one, Lyselle?
* Shamal shudders. "Yes, looks like the bodies went for a walk," she announces.
<Lyselle> OOC - Broken
<Seira> "We can account for three of the four missing bodies," Seira muses out loud.
> Lyselle can notice a few bits of cloth and bone, nothing spectacular. "I stopped one as well, it's how I knew to come here,"  Donald annouces.
> As the party talks, they here a soft voice. "Hello...?" A woman's voice, a little girl's.
<Shamal> "There's more upstairs and downstairs - we should check to see if more have been taken," Shamal suggests distastefully, moving towards the stairs before stopping at the new voice. "Who's that?"
> "I'm down here..." The little girl calls, "In the earth...down here. Just past the glowing rune door..."
<Seira> "Sounds like an invitation," Seira tells the others.
<Shamal> "Er... yes," Shamal nods dumbly to Seira before raising her voice, "What are you doing in this crypt, miss?"
> "Hurry...it's cold here and they're hungry! THey're going to eat me up!"
<Seira> "Do you have the Message spell, Shamal?" Seira asks her quietly, approaching the blonde.
> Donald grits his teeth, "We can't just leave her here.." he mutters.
* Shamal nods to Seira, already drifting towards the stairs despite her better judgement. If there's even a chance of it being legitimate, it can't be ignored.
<Lyselle> "Nope, we can't," Lyselle plainly agrees, nodding and heading forward, to go deeper into the catacombs, and find the source of the child-voice!
<Seira> "I want to scout a bit up the stairs, to ensure we're not ambushed. Could you cast it on me?"
* Shamal nods and promptly casts the spell to link herself and Seira, before ushering Rin close to her and taking out her scroll of Mage Armour to cast said spell before she follows Lyselle downstairs. "We're coming, miss," she calls loud enough for the presumed child to hear.
> OOC - Seira, #evil, I think, while the rest of the party goes downstairs and stays here.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

---Seira path go!---

> Up the stairs! Each step echos as she walks along, chilly air brushing her skin. It's a rather long stair, each step taking her closer up.  Darker, too, little light indeed as she climbs up.
* Seira is committed to her plan!
<Seira> roll 1d20+11 hide
* Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d20+11 hide and gets 21." [1d20=10]
<Seira> roll 1d20+11 move silently
* Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d20+11 move silently and gets 30." [1d20=19]
> Nary a sound comes as Seira goes up the stairs. Quietly she creeps along - up here is a vast space, coming up in the back/center. More biers and more coffins mostly, but there's a clearing from the stairs to the rear wall. It's colder up here, and there's no light at all by that clearing. It all goes dead dark, not even Seira' elven vision helping.
* Seira stops for a moment, relying on her ears to locate any sounds or movement, mentally comparing the ambient noise to what she heard of the ghouls the other night.
> OOC - Hearin' check here, I think.
<Seira> roll 1d20+3 listen
* Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d20+3 listen and gets 12." [1d20=9]
> Seira notes her own breathing first. It's by far the strongest thing in here. Past that? You can faintly here something, something hard hitting something, perhaps?
* Seira slowly proceeds towards the far wall, going on a straight line and glancing sideways to examine what little of the coffins she can see on either side of the aisle.
> OOC - Hearing check. IC - The coffins are generally wooden and intact...you think? OOC - Make a spot check as well if you like.
<Seira> roll 1d20+3 listen
* Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d20+3 listen and gets 14." [1d20=11]
<Seira> roll 1d20+3 spot
* Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d20+3 spot and gets 21." [1d20=18]
> Seira notices many of the coffins have little holes in the sides, like something poked out of them.
* Seira examines one such coffin in more detail, coming closer.
<Shamal> "Seira, what was that noise?" Shamal's voice is heard in the half-elf's mind.
> It's a few holes. Perhaps the size of three inches around, jagged torn open from the inside.
<Seira> "There might be something here," she whispers back. "I think I'm too far up to hear anyone come through the ground level, so keep an eye out."
* Seira listens at the aforementioned coffin, trying to stay absolutely still and hear whether there is any sign of movement from it.
> OOC - Heh, listen check again, then.
<Seira> roll 1d20+3
* Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d20+3 and gets 18." [1d20=15]
> You can hear the thumping coming from the darkness. It's like something hard striking something similar. A boney, thumpy sound. Clattery and dry. It's getting louder.
<Seira> "Fire would be appreciated, I think," Seira whispers. "I have no proof, yet, but the space here is enormous and some of the coffins appear to have been clawed up from within."
<Shamal> "Yes, I know Seira, because there are a bunch of ghouls coming right for us!" Shamal's somewhat alarmed mental voice registers.
* Seira retreats at once upon receiving the message!
> As Seira retreats towards the stairs, the sound gets louder! Clittering and clattering from behind her, rustling along quick!
* Seira throws a glance back once she has more light to work with.
> As Seira reaches thes tairs and can go down if she wishes, she can see it starting to come out of the darkness! Like a river of bone and jagged bone shards coming from the darkness, a smooth snake of old white! Several bony mouths are around it, nasty daggers of pure human bone sticking out all over it, as it's starting to fly in the air towards the stairs!
<Seira> "Flying snake of bone. Really big. On my tail," Seira reports tersely, putting her speed to good use. "Retreating."
> Down the stairs Seira goes! Going downstairs, she can see six more ghouls, all nearby and heading for the downward stairs! OOC - Go ahead and make an actino here, the ghouls aren't reacting to you.
* Seira dashes past them, firing an arrow at the lead one once she is past it.
> OOC - So you're giong to dash past them and down the stairs, basically?
<Seira> OOC: That's the plan!
> OOC - Okay.
<Seira> roll 1d20+8
* Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d20+8 and gets 24." [1d20=16]
> Seira races downward! STrangely the ghouls don't even protest this, as she reachesthe top of the downward stairs! OOC - Attacking up if you like.
<Seira> roll 1d8-1
* Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d8-1 and gets 6." [1d8=7]
> The arrow slams into it's head, tearing away most of it's eye socket! Direct hit! OOC - Go ahead and go into #dunes, roll initiative. I'll get you in next round.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

* Seira whispers, "Call me back if you need me," and tries to proceed stealthily.
> Downstairs the party goes. Down a long flight of stairs to a lond hall and landing. At the end of it is a large stone door. It's the only light in here, symbols and runes of soft blue and brilliant white on the door.
* Shamal holds up a hand to stall the others from going to close to the door as she first utters a brief incantation that allows her to see magic.
<Shamal> roll 1d20+12 for door
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+12 for door and gets 14." [1d20=2]
<Shamal> roll 1d20+12 for ambient aura
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+12 for ambient aura and gets 14." [1d20=2]
<Shamal> "There is magic on the doors, and also an aura all around, stronger near the stairs," Shamal announces. "I cannot discern its nature, however," she concludes, looking somewhat ashamed.
> Donald goes to the door, peering. "Hmph. ...hey! The symbol of Helm's on the doorframe," he points, just above the runes.
> OOC - Hearing checks.
<Shamal> roll 1d20+10 Shamal
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+10 Shamal and gets 25." [1d20=15]
<Lyselle> roll 1d20+1
* Hatbot --> "Lyselle rolls 1d20+1 and gets 12." [1d20=11]
<Shamal> roll 1d20+5 Rin
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+5 Rin and gets 19." [1d20=14]
<Shamal> "Seira, what was that noise?" Shamal whispers, looking up and waiting for one of the brave people with big weapons and armour to open the door.
> roll 1d20+2
* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 1d20+2 and gets 13." [1d20=11]
<Shamal> Or Berlioz. He could do it, too.
* Berlioz hides behind Shamal conspicuously. No, he couldn't.
> roll 1d20+9
* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 1d20+9 and gets 24." [1d20=15]
> ..."Wait." Donald shakes his head, "These runes. I know them, they aren't a necromancer's at all. They're a warding used by religious priests."
<Shamal> "The watchman didn't mention anything like that..." Shamal mutters, before raising her voice. "Miss, how did you get in here?" she calls.
> No response. No voice at all.
> OOC - Hearing checks again.
* Shamal cocks her head slightly, murmuring, "Okay, Seira," before resuming on a more normal level, "I don't like this - it feels like a setup..."
<Shamal> roll 1d20+10 Shamal
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+10 Shamal and gets 29." [1d20=19]
<Lyselle> roll 1d20+1
* Hatbot --> "Lyselle rolls 1d20+1 and gets 9." [1d20=8]
<Shamal> roll 1d20+5 Rin
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+5 Rin and gets 24." [1d20=19]
<Berlioz> roll 1d20+1
* Hatbot --> "Berlioz rolls 1d20+1 and gets 11." [1d20=10]
<Shamal> "There's something upstairs," Shamal announces flatly, before turning and hurrying back up the way she came with Rin by her side.
* Lyselle follows behind Shamal without further ado, shield and sword leading the way to rescue(?) Seira!
> As the party rushes to the stairs, Shamal and Rin at the head - ack! Two ghouls are heading down now, two more hot behind them. They're rushing down the stairs, rotting hands stretched out! OOc - I'll calli t even on surprises, so initiative.
<Shamal> roll 1d20+2 Shamal
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+2 Shamal and gets 8." [1d20=6]
<Shamal> roll 1d20+3 Rin
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+3 Rin and gets 13." [1d20=10]
> roll 1d20+2 Donald
* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 1d20+2 Donald and gets 20." [1d20=18]
<Lyselle> roll 1d20+2
* Hatbot --> "Lyselle rolls 1d20+2 and gets 15." [1d20=13]
> roll 1d20 ghoul 1
* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 1d20 ghoul 1 and gets 20." [1d20=20]
> roll 1d20 ghoul 2
* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 1d20 ghoul 2 and gets 8." [1d20=8]
> roll 1d20 ghoul 3
* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 1d20 ghoul 3 and gets 9." [1d20=9]
> roll 1d20 ghoul 4
* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 1d20 ghoul 4 and gets 12." [1d20=12]
<Berlioz> roll 1d20+1
* Hatbot --> "Berlioz rolls 1d20+1 and gets 7." [1d20=6]
> Donald=Ghoul 1>Lyselle>Rin>Ghoul 4>Ghoul 3>Shamal=Ghoul 2>Berlihatesinitiative
<Shamal> "Yes, I know Seira, because there are a bunch of ghouls coming right for us!" Shamal replies quickly, getting ready to defend herself.
> Seeing what's going on, Donald whips his sword out and rushes up the stairs! At the same time the first ghoul rushes past Shamal, going right for Donald as well!
<Shamal> Shamal takes the opportunity to strike at the ghoul with her quarterstaff, while Rin lunges in for a bite as the undead monster rushes past!
<Shamal> roll 1d20+4 Shamal
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+4 Shamal and gets 9." [1d20=5]
<Shamal> roll 1d20+7 Rin
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+7 Rin and gets 17." [1d20=10]
> OOC - Rin hits!@
<Shamal> roll 1d6+4
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d6+4 and gets 5." [1d6=1]
<Shamal> roll 1d20+4 trip check
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+4 trip check and gets 5." [1d20=1]
> The ghoul gets a part of it's foul flesh chomped off by Rin, but it doesn't slow as it lunges for Donald!
> roll 1d20+9 Donald
* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 1d20+9 Donald and gets 10." [1d20=1]
> roll 1d20+2 ghoul oh god he sucks
* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 1d20+2 ghoul oh god he sucks and gets 8." [1d20=6]
> But the two meet at the middle, neither getting an advantage! OOC - Lyselle.
<Lyselle> Lyselle moves in beside Donald, lashing out with her silver sword to take down the zombie in their midst!
<Lyselle> roll 1d20+7
* Hatbot --> "Lyselle rolls 1d20+7 and gets 25." [1d20=18]
> OOC - Damage.
<Lyselle> roll 1d8+2
* Hatbot --> "Lyselle rolls 1d8+2 and gets 3." [1d8=1]
> The ghoul's side is ripped over by a solid thrust from Lyselle! It's not stopped all the way, but it slowed! OOC - Rin.
<Shamal> Rin waits for Shamal before acting!
> The fourth ghoul ambles forward! It's arms reach out for Donald, obivious as it goes for him and ignores the others! IT's arms are out, teeth chomping!
> roll 1d20+2
* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 1d20+2 and gets 9." [1d20=7]
> But it's not much of an attack, parried aside by a quick swipe of his blade! The third ghoul attemps the same, but can't get in! Instead it bites at Shamal, while it's eyes stay focused on Donald!
> roll 1d20+@
* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 1d20+@ and gets Error: Numeric values only." [1d20=6]
> roll 1d20+2
* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 1d20+2 and gets 16." [1d20=14]
> roll 1d6+1
* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 1d6+1 and gets 7." [1d6=6]
> OOC - Oh wait, I'm sorry, I rolled for Donald's AC without thinking. What's yours, Shamal?
<Shamal> OOC: 16, sadly
> OOC - Okay. Hit
> roll 1d6+1
* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 1d6+1 and gets 7." [1d6=6]
> OOC - Fort save.
<Shamal> roll 1d20+6
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+6 and gets 10." [1d20=4]
<Shamal> OOC: Rin goes now
> OOC - Okay, lemem at least describe what happend.
> roll 1d4+1
* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 1d4+1 and gets 2." [1d4=1]
> OOC - Oh, and roll another fort save for the disease.
<Shamal> roll 1d20+6
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+6 and gets 13." [1d20=7]
> With a lucky strike it bites right into Shamal's arm! Her cry of pain is duleld as she falls down, unmoving and paralysed! OOC - 2 rounds paralysed. Rin, go.
* Retrieving #dunes modes...
> *Shamal is frozen in place!
<Shamal> Rin growls angrily and promptly lunges at the carrion fiend that dared attack her mistress!
<Shamal> roll 1d20+7
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+7 and gets 25." [1d20=18]
<Shamal> roll 1d6+4
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d6+4 and gets 6." [1d6=2]
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+4 trip check and gets 18." [1d20=14]
> As the battle rages, you can see Seira come to the very top of the stairs, firing an arrow ahead!
> Rin's bite is accurate, tearing a chunk out of the foul thing! It leaps up, a shoulderblade exposed! But yet it doesn't stop, as Shamal stands paralysed! OOC - Round 1 of it.
> The last ghoul ambles forward, going after Rin with big, meat seeking teeth1
> roll 1d20+2
* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 1d20+2 and gets 10." [1d20=8]
> But the noble canine simply whips to the side, it's tail brushing against the side of the ghouls' face! OOC - Berli.
> OOC - Sec, that trip check.
> roll 1d20+2 dex check
* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 1d20+2 dex check and gets 22." [1d20=20]
* Berlioz dusts off and lunges with his silver rapier to finish off the ghoul damaged by Rin!
<Seira> roll 1d20+4
* Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d20+4 and gets 11." [1d20=7]
> Berlioz lunges well, the front lines a crowded mess of ghoul, human and blood! But he misses, a noble but failed effort! OOC - Lemme adjust initaitive, but Donald/Ghoul 1 are both up now.
> OOC - Oh. I mistook...oh dammit. Okay, strike that and roll you to hit, Berli.
<Berlioz> roll 1d20+4
* Hatbot --> "Berlioz rolls 1d20+4 and gets 9." [1d20=5]
> Berlioz lunges well, the front lines a crowded mess of ghoul, human and blood! But he misses, a noble but failed effort! OOC - Lemme adjust initaitive, but Donald/Ghoul 1 are both up now.
> OOC - Give me a second to get everything in order since it's been a panicked round.
> roll 1d20+3
* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 1d20+3 and gets 15." [1d20=12]
> Donald and the first ghoul k eep at it, locked in close combat!
> roll 1d20+9
* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 1d20+9 and gets 15." [1d20=6]
> roll 1d20+2
* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 1d20+2 and gets 13." [1d20=11]
> roll 2d6+4
* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 2d6+4 and gets 13." [2d6=3, 6]
> While it misses, Donald takes a quick step back and swings his sword with all his might! The ghoul's head is bisected, the warrior scoring a direct hit and kill! But above, Seira can hear and see it! It's rushing down the stairs now, the river of bone starting to come in view! All can hear the loud chittering soudn!
> OOC - Lyselle.
> OOC - Oh and goddamit. Some days you're just an airhead.
> roll 1d20 ghoul pack 5-10
* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 1d20 ghoul pack 5-10 and gets 16." [1d20=16]
<Lyselle> Lyselle lashes out at the nearest ghoul with her silver blade, trying to cut it to pieces!
<Lyselle> roll 1d20+7
* Hatbot --> "Lyselle rolls 1d20+7 and gets 9." [1d20=2]
> Lyselle's efforts are in vain, missing one altogether! The fourth ghoul, still untouched, charges past Rin and Lyselle, going for Donald! OOC - Those two an AOO if they like.
<Shamal> Rin takes the opportunity presented to put the bite in!
<Shamal> roll 1d20+7
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+7 and gets 12." [1d20=5]
> roll 1d20+7 Lyselle's AoO
* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 1d20+7 Lyselle's AoO and gets 18." [1d20=11]
> roll 1d8+2
* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 1d8+2 and gets 4." [1d8=2]
> Whilst Lyselle tears into it, the unfeeling horror is barely budged! As it's ribs are broken open, it lunges at Donald!
> roll 1d20+@
* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 1d20+@ and gets Error: Numeric values only." [1d20=4]
> roll 1d20+2
* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 1d20+2 and gets 18." [1d20=16]
> roll 1d6+1
* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 1d6+1 and gets 6." [1d6=5]
> roll 1d20+6
* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 1d20+6 and gets 10." [1d20=4]
> roll 1d20+6
* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 1d20+6 and gets 7." [1d20=1]
> roll 1d4+1
* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 1d4+1 and gets 4." [1d4=3]
> Donald nary gets a cry out as his chin is bitten into! It's not a deep bite, but it's a messy one as he goes stone stiff! OOC - Ghoul 3 still lives, and it's also Rin's go!
<Shamal> Rin growls and stands her ground, prepared to attack any undead who come anywhere near Shamal.
> The third ghoul, wounded but having a free attack at Shamal, trying to bite her again!
<Shamal> Rin attacks first, hoping to take it down before it injures the innocent witch!
<Shamal> roll 1d20+7
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+7 and gets 24." [1d20=17]
> OOC - Damage.
<Shamal> roll 1d6+4
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d6+4 and gets 9." [1d6=5]
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+4 trip check and gets 23." [1d20=19]
> Rin's speed is impressive, leaing up and ripping out the throat and gullet of the attacking ghoul! As dead flesh falls to the ground, Rin stands over the body, it's mistress protected! OOC - Seira.
* Seira decides to try and whittle down the incoming mass of ghouls for the time being.
<Seira> roll 1d20+6
* Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d20+6 and gets 25." [1d20=19]
<Seira> roll 1d20+6
* Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d20+6 and gets 13." [1d20=7]
<Seira> roll 1d8-1
* Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d8-1 and gets 4." [1d8=5]
> The silver shot flies good and true, impacting into the charging lead ghoul! It staggers badly, body damaged by an arrow into it's hip! OOC - Last round of Shamal's paralysis, she can go next round.
> The second ghoul lunges, taking a bite at Berlioz as it's eyes burn at the paralysed Donald!
> roll 1d20+@
* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 1d20+@ and gets Error: Numeric values only." [1d20=15]
> roll 1d20+2
* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 1d20+2 and gets 17." [1d20=15]
> roll 1d6+1
* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 1d6+1 and gets 5." [1d6=4]
> OOC - For save for paralysis and a fort save for disease.
<Berlioz> roll 1d20+2 palsy
* Hatbot --> "Berlioz rolls 1d20+2 palsy and gets 12." [1d20=10]
<Berlioz> roll 1d20+2 disease
* Hatbot --> "Berlioz rolls 1d20+2 disease and gets 15." [1d20=13]
> Despite a bite into Berlioz's chest and clawing there, he manages to maintain control of his facilties! OOC - Go.
* Berlioz grits his teeth and takes his stance, trying to slash the ghoul who just attacked him in retribution for his kindness!
<Berlioz> roll 1d20+4
* Hatbot --> "Berlioz rolls 1d20+4 and gets 8." [1d20=4]
> But Berlioz aims wide, a skillful lunge whizzing in the air and a total miss! Meanwhile, the ghouls are closing around Seira...but none attack! They're going two at a time down the stairs in three waves, passing her by! OOC - Donald is up but paralysed. Round 1/4. Boney is up.
> Down the stairs the River of Bone floats about. TI's about fifteen feet long or so, full of chompy, nasty mouths! It's staying where it is, a faint dark glitter forming around it! OOC - Lyselle.
<Lyselle> Lyselle lashes out again at the nearby fourth ghoul, tearing at it with her silver sword that is sadly proving far less effective so far!
<Lyselle> roll 1d20+7
* Hatbot --> "Lyselle rolls 1d20+7 and gets 15." [1d20=8]
> OOC - Hit.
<Lyselle> roll 1d8+2
* Hatbot --> "Lyselle rolls 1d8+2 and gets 5." [1d8=3]
> The ghoul's back is ripped up, spine severed! Yet it keeps going, it's upper body wobbling around wildly! It chomps down on the armored but immobile Donald!
> roll 1d20+2
* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 1d20+2 and gets 10." [1d20=8]
> roll 1d6+1
* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 1d6+1 and gets 3." [1d6=2]
> The bites rip off some of Donald's neckf lesh, jugular intact but a wound still scored! OOC - Rin.
<Shamal> Growling low in her throat, Rin still remains close to defend Shamal in her time of need.
> OOC - Elfess!
> You can begin to hear a strange noise from the Bone River. The noises coming from it are discordant and loud, rustling. It doesn't sound very good at all.
<Seira> "What about a strategic retreat?" Seira asks her companions.
> Donald just stands where he is, becoming a lovely ghoul snack.
<Seira> Not getting a response, Seira resigns herself to more of the same!
<Seira> roll 1d20+6
<Seira> roll 1d20+6
* Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d20+6 and gets 10." [1d20=4]
* Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d20+6 and gets 23." [1d20=17]
<Seira> roll 1d8-1
* Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d8-1 and gets 7." [1d8=8]
* Berlioz coughs for a moment and mutters. "Fleeing is probably a wise idea, but what do we do about our valorous frozen paladin?"
<Seira> "You're strong and manly, if it comes to that, carry him," she deadpans in response.
> The fifth ghoul falls, riddled with another silver arrow to it's chest! OOC - Shamal and Ghoul 2.
<Shamal> Snapping out of her paralysis, Shamal quickly gestures to the ghoul assailing Donald, "Rin, get that one!" she commands, moving along with her dog to cover him and preparing a spell while Rin lunges at the undead.
<Shamal> roll 1d20+7 Rin goes now
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+7 Rin goes now and gets 26." [1d20=19]
<Shamal> roll 1d6+4
> Rin gets it's exposed backside, taking down it's legs and making it tumble down the stairs, where it finds eternalr est once more1
<Shamal> At the same time as she draws up alongside the paralysed Donald, Shamal holds her hand aloft as flames begin to coruscate around it, "Inferno, light that burns through the unclean... Flaming sphere!" causing a large ball of fire to manifest atop the large skeleton thing!
<Shamal> OOC: reflex DC 15
> roll 1d20+4
* Hatbot --> "Anastasia rolls 1d20+4 and gets 21." [1d20=17]
> As a Flaming Sphere appears, the river of bones parts! A perfect circle, letting the sphere just fall right throuhg it safely! Meanwhile the second ghoul looks on in it's hunger, lunging at Donald!
> roll 1d20+2
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+2 and gets 8." [1d20=6]
> roll 1d6+1
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d6+1 and gets 6." [1d6=5]
> The helpless and paralysed Donald is bitten into, his leg wrapped around and torn open! Bloodf lows to the floor, a serious injury on top of the others! OOC - Berli is up.
* Berlioz begins to mutter a few words, and extends his hand, aiming the words to Donald. "Cure Moderate Wounds..."
<Berlioz> roll 2d8+4 for ze healing
* Hatbot --> "Berlioz rolls 2d8+4 for ze healing and gets 14." [2d8=5, 5]
> In the heat of the battle, Berlioz summons healing energy! His woudns glow white and then seal, scarless and pure skinned again! But as this happens the battle rages! The 6th and 7th ghoul are down the stairs, now rushing Donald! The other four are coming as well! OOC - Okay, AoO wichever you like if you're done there. Also, I'm going to de group initiative them after this now that they're in the fray.
<Shamal> Rin and Shamal both strike at the lead ghoul as it rushes past them to Donald, Rin trying to bring it down so Shamal can inflict the finishing blow!
<Shamal> roll 1d20+7 Rin
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+7 Rin and gets 15." [1d20=8]
<Shamal> roll 1d6+4
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d6+4 and gets 5." [1d6=1]
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+4 trip check and gets 20." [1d20=16]
> OOC - Other three. I fail at math.
> roll 1d20+2
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+2 and gets 9." [1d20=7]
<Shamal> roll 1d20+8 Shamal
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+8 Shamal and gets 12." [1d20=4]
> Rin leaps forward, biting and clawing the fron ghoul! It's hamstring is torn, yet it keeps going with the grim, grinding energy only undeath can grant! But not even this is enough, as it falls down in a heap, a solid takedown! OOC - I'm waiting a moment since I figure Lyselle might get in on this.
<Lyselle> Lyselle takes the opportunity of a ghoul running past hre, lashing out with her silver blade, wishing it was anywhere near sa effective as her mace...
<Lyselle> roll 1d20+7
* Hatbot --> "Lyselle rolls 1d20+7 and gets 25." [1d20=18]
<Lyselle> roll 1d8+2
* Hatbot --> "Lyselle rolls 1d8+2 and gets 9." [1d8=7]
> Lyselle rips into the other ghoul, tearing it's flesh open! With an expert swing she nearly rips it's armo ff, only staggering forward with grim, unyielding intensity! It's the only one to reach Donald, lunging at him with wounded abandon!
> roll 1d20+2
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+2 and gets 10." [1d20=8]
> roll 1d6+1
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d6+1 and gets 5." [1d6=4]
> IT clamps onto his arm, swinging a bit as it chews on his wristbone! Yet Donald can still not move. OOC - Donald is in roudn 2/4 of statuetime. Bone is up.
> The grotesque noise from it reaches a cresendo! A dirge of death fills the ears of everyone here! Seira in particular is chilled, her ears fully in range of the auditory madness! The others are somewhat protected by distance, as they feel incomprehensible wailing tears at the ears, eardrums, ear canals...and deeper in, into the mind itself! The River of Bone twists and starts to glow black between the shards of bone, malevolent! OOC - Will saves, all. Everyone downstairs (Everyone but Seira here) Gets a +3 circumstancial bonus.
> OOC - Will saves, all. Everyone downstairs (Everyone but Seira here) Gets a +3 circumstancial bonus.
<Seira> roll 1d20+3
* Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d20+3 and gets 6." [1d20=3]
<Shamal> roll 1d20+12 Shamal
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+12 Shamal and gets 21." [1d20=9]
<Shamal> roll 1d20+5 Rin
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+5 Rin and gets 6." [1d20=1]
<Lyselle> roll 1d20+5
* Hatbot --> "Lyselle rolls 1d20+5 and gets 24." [1d20=19]
> roll 1d20
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20 and gets 19." [1d20=19]
> roll 1d20+4
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+4 and gets 10." [1d20=6]
> roll 2d6
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d6 and gets 7." [2d6=6, 1]
> OOC - Those that passed the save take 4 damage. Those that failed...
> roll 1d3
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d3  and gets 1." [1d3=1]
> roll 1d3
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d3  and gets 1." [1d3=1]
> OOC - Seira, Rin, and Berlioz take 7 damage and 1 point of damage to intelligence and wisdom.
> As the dire song echos in the masoleum halls and ghouls rampage...OOC - Lyselle, you're up.
<Lyselle> Lyselle turns on the nearest ghoul trying to assault Donald, silver blade blurring as she whips it around to rend another foe...
<Lyselle> roll 1d20+7
* Hatbot --> "Lyselle rolls 1d20+7 and gets 20." [1d20=13]
<Lyselle> roll 1d8+2
* Hatbot --> "Lyselle rolls 1d8+2 and gets 8." [1d8=6]
> Lyselle rushes forward, a swift whip through it's neck! It's head falls to the ground, body following! It's gnawing on Donald stops, a successful strike right at it! Yet you can still hear the ghastly song, at a low level but starting to pick up again, slowly! OOC - Rin.
<Shamal> Whimpering like a wounded puppy at the horrific noise, Rin's ears flatten down as she lowers her head, contenting herself with savaging the ghoul she brought down previously.
<Shamal> roll 1d20+11
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+11 and gets 23." [1d20=12]
<Shamal> roll 1d6+4
> It's finished off, innards ripped open! As it's hands and head go still, the action goes on above! OOC - Seira.
* Seira switches targets to the biggest threat, attempting to put a couple of glittering, silvery arrows into the hideos river of bones.
<Seira> roll 1d20+6
* Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d20+6 and gets 26." [1d20=20]
<Seira> roll 1d20+6
* Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d20+6 and gets 15." [1d20=9]
> OOC - No critical on undead, but both hit.
<Seira> roll 1d8-1
* Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d8-1 and gets 5." [1d8=6]
<Seira> roll 1d8-1
* Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d8-1 and gets 2." [1d8=3]
> The two silver arrows go into the dark bone like heavenly guided shots! The old sinews offer no defense against the silver! The black flickers as the ghouls screetch as one!  Arms fall off theg houls, skin cracking and obvious signs of damage all over them! The song stops, the river of bone starting to shift! OOC - Shamal.
<Shamal> "Lupus, the hunter that howls at the moon..." Shamal chants as she refocuses her flaming sphere to follow the river of bone and try once more to burn it, "Come forth and bring my enemies to ground!"
<Shamal> OOC: DC 15 reflex vs flaming death
<Shamal> roll 1d3 for wolves
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d3 for wolves and gets 1." [1d3=1]
> roll 1d20+4
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+4 and gets 5." [1d20=1]
<Shamal> roll 2d6 fire damage
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 2d6 fire damage and gets 7." [2d6=5, 2]
<Shamal> A solitary grey wolf springs into being before the undead creature, eliciting a muttered and indignant "Stingy!" from Shamal even as it lunges to bring its prey down!
<Shamal> roll 1d20+5
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+5 and gets 13." [1d20=8]
> The Flaming Sphere moves about, scoring a few burns on the skeletons! While a few white bones turn yellow-charred, the effect seems minimal. MEanwhile, a single wolf is summoned to appear, as it misses the river of bones completely!
> The ghoul still untouched, the second one, continues to chew on Donald!
> roll 1d20+2
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+2 and gets 3." [1d20=1]
> Yet somehow it chews only on his metal breastplate! OOC - Berli is up. We'll wait a moment on him.
<Shamal> As the party is assailed by the sonic force of the evil skeleton thing, Berlioz pipes with an interesting story in his soothing dulcet tones, providing an aural respite from the din!
<Shamal> roll 1d20+7
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+7 and gets 24." [1d20=17]
> Berlioz sings strong and true, while meanwhile the ghouls act! The last three are shambling forward, still towards Donald! OOC - You can AoO at them if you want.
<Shamal> Rin and Shamal again try their double team one-two combination!
<Shamal> roll 1d20+7 Rin
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+7 Rin and gets 20." [1d20=13]
<Shamal> roll 1d6+4
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+4 trip check and gets 17." [1d20=13]
> The 8th ghoul, already weakened by the effect of the silver arrows, falls apart entirely to Rin's biting and clawing!
<Shamal> roll 1d20+4 Shamal on some other ghoul
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+4 Shamal on some other ghoul and gets 15." [1d20=11]
<Shamal> roll 1d6+1
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d6+1 and gets 7." [1d6=6]
> The ninth ghoul is slain, head used like a baseball at the home run derby! It goes flying, bouncing up and then down the steps, coming to a rest on the very bottom one!
<Lyselle> Lyselle goes from a destroyed ghoul to the next, lashing at the next one to come by!
<Lyselle> roll 1d20+7
* Hatbot --> "Lyselle rolls 1d20+7 and gets 13." [1d20=6]
> This blow just misses, Lyselle not able to connect in time! So this one tries to get to Berlioz - but the connection of dead ghouls and alive heros is too much! It instead tries to bite Lyselle back!
> roll 1d20+2
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+2 and gets 15." [1d20=13]
> But she raises her shield, blocking away the undead quite skillfully! OOC - Donald's turn, roudn 3/4 of statueland. Boney isu p.
> Rearing back and then forward, the River of Bone makes no more obscene melodies! Instead it ripples forward, going right at brave Seira! It's boney mouths look to make a meal out of the halfelf, dozens of them opening all ove rthe river's long body!
> roll 1d20+7
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+7 and gets 24." [1d20=17]
<Shamal> roll 1d20+5 please work wolfie
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+5 please work wolfie and gets 11." [1d20=6]
> roll 1d8+3
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d8+3 and gets 5." [1d8=2]
> Seira takes several bites, lots of shallow wounds all over her body! The river is arcing back up towards the ceiling after that, doing a long loop de loop! OOC - Lyselle.
<Seira> "How about attacking the giant river of floating, evil bones?" Seira grumbles non-too-quietly as she is bitten.
> Lyselle holds for now, waiting! OOC - Rin.
<Shamal> Rin spins around as if chasing her tail, but then proceeds to lunge at the ghoul that's been gnawing on Donald for the last little while!
<Shamal> roll 1d20+7
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+7 and gets 21." [1d20=14]
<Shamal> roll 1d6+4
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d6+4 and gets 7." [1d6=3]
<Shamal> roll 1d20+4 trip if it matters
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+4 trip if it matters and gets 24." [1d20=20]
> Doing what it's proven to do quite well, Rin bites the ghoul to death, breaking it's windpipe from behind! OOC - Seira.
* Seira simply must return the favor to the snake-like creature of bone, even if she has to do it herself!
<Seira> roll 1d20+6
* Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d20+6 and gets 24." [1d20=18]
<Seira> roll 1d20+6
* Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d20+6 and gets 14." [1d20=8]
<Seira> roll 1d8-1
> OOC - Second one just hits.
<Seira> roll 1d8-1
* Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d8-1 and gets 0." [1d8=1]
<Seira> OOC: That'd be the minimum of 1  >_<
> The two arrows fly again! The first slams deep into the bone, making the back energy between the bones shudder! The second is only a graze, but combined it makes the last ghoul fall apart completely! OOC - Shamal.
<Shamal> "Lyselle, her's a spell to help you reach that flying thing," Shamal tells her fellow blonde, gesturing briefly as arcane energy flies from her fingertips to the armour-clad fighter, making her suddenly double in size! Also, the flaming sphere makes one last leap at the skeleton before dissipating.
<Shamal> OOC: DC 15 reflex vs fiery death
> roll 1d20+4
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+4 and gets 17." [1d20=13]
> The flaming sphere misses, as Lyselle grows larger ! Her head scrapes the roof of the stairs, but she can still move fine! OOC - Going, Lyselle?
<Lyselle> Lyselle charges the giant boney death-thing, newly large and pushing all the force of a larger weapon and her muscles into the blow! OOC - Not -technically- charging.
<Lyselle> roll 1d20+7
* Hatbot --> "Lyselle rolls 1d20+7 and gets 9." [1d20=2]
> Lyselle's brave slash is just between bones and darkness, missing by a narrow but complete margin! Meanwhile Donald is still frozen good! OOC - Last statue round for him. Now river goes.
> The bone river stops, bracing in front of Lyselle! It's not in full position yet, but a powerful bite swarm still goes for her!
> roll 1d20+7
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+7 and gets 16." [1d20=9]
> But despite her newfound size, she is able to withstand the swarm of teeth with expert, careful parries! OOC - Lyselle.
> OOC - Oh wait, I'm a total fucking idiot. Rin.
<Shamal> Rin growls a bit, still seeming a bit out of sorts and looking to Shamal for guidance. (OOC: holding for Shamal)
> OOC - Seira.
* Seira has nothing better to do than shoot at the flying monstrosity!
<Seira> roll 1d20+6
* Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d20+6 and gets 18." [1d20=12]
<Seira> roll 1d20+6
* Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d20+6 and gets 16." [1d20=10]
<Seira> roll 1d8-1
* Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d8-1 and gets 4." [1d8=5]
<Seira> roll 1d8-1
* Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d8-1 and gets 5." [1d8=6]
> Two more silver arrows slam it, making the entire bony mass quiver!  It's still together, even if shaken, raining a few spare bones down to the ground where they echo in the chaos of battle! OOC - SHamal and Lyselle.
<Shamal> With Donald now safe from ghoul ravaging, Shamal and Rin hurry up the stairs, Shamal casting a spell as she goes to summon flames to her fingertips!
<Lyselle> Lyselle whips her sword about again, crashing the silver blade into the boney mass, trying to slash it down into pieces of boney bits!
<Lyselle> roll 1d20+7
* Hatbot --> "Lyselle rolls 1d20+7 and gets 10." [1d20=3]
> Tink! Lyselle's shot is inaccurate, tinking off a hipbone that appears to block her assault!
> OOC - Berliooz.
* Berlioz continues the praising tales of bravery, encouraging his friends to at least not horribly die against the nigh-formless ghouly mass!
> roll 1d20+8
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+8 and gets 21." [1d20=13]
> At last Donald snaps out of it! He stumbles forward, a breathy cry as he staggers up the stairs! "That thing is..." he tries to get out as he approaches, "It's called a Lesser Abomination! It's a focal point for undead!"
<Seira> "That much became evident when the ghouls fell apart," Seira comments wryly.
<Shamal> "I'd hate to see a greater one..." Shamal murmurs, even Rin shrinking back a bit at that concept.
> The Bone River continues it's assault on Lyselle, locked in combat with it and unleashing it's full potential! Not just bites, but two bony jabs as well!
> roll 1d20+7
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+7 and gets 18." [1d20=11]
> roll 1d20+4
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+4 and gets 8." [1d20=4]
> roll 1d20+4
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+4 and gets 24." [1d20=20]
> roll 1d20+4 crit check
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+4 crit check and gets 14." [1d20=10]
> roll 1d8+3
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d8+3 and gets 11." [1d8=8]
> roll 1d4+3
* Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d4+3 and gets 7." [1d4=4]
> Lost int he melee, Lyselle can only withstand the flurry of abuse! Her stomach is chewed up, her arm is skewered, her neck is scratched, her calf is scraped! Through it all she still stands! OOC - Rin? Held the entire time and all that.
<Shamal> Rin remains close to Shamal, ready to protect her mistress if that skeleton thing happens to get too close. Not much else she can do with it currently flying around, sadly.
> OOC - Seira.
<Seira> "You picked the wrong city to terrorize," Seira calmly informs the abomination, drawing yet another pair of arrows.
<Seira> roll 1d20+6
<Seira> roll 1d20+6
* Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d20+6 and gets 18." [1d20=12]
* Hatbot --> "Seira rolls 1d20+6 and gets 7." [1d20=1]
<Seira> roll 1d8-1
> Another arrow flies home, going like a knife through the bones! Several bones fall away, shattering on ground impact! The entire mass is starting to wobble, shaking like a leaf! OOC - Shamal and Lyselle.
<Shamal> "Donald!" Shamal speaks up with rare urgency, quickly foisting a clay flask into his hands. "Make yourself useful and throw that at it!" she tells him, before gesturing with her other hand and releasing a miniature fireball at the abomination!
<Shamal> roll 1d20+4 touch attack
* Hatbot --> "Shamal rolls 1d20+4 touch attack and gets 5." [1d20=1]
> Donald takes the clay flask, nodding as the fireball flies onto the ground, sputtering out there. "Got it!" With that he nods, tossing it like a grenade!
> roll 1d20 (I'll check his mod and the rules on these in as ec.)
<Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 1d20 (I'll check his mod and the rules on these in as ec.) --> [ 1d20=20 ]{20}
> roll 1d20 (I'll check his mod and the rules on these in as ec.) Crit check?
<Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 1d20 (I'll check his mod and the rules on these in as ec.) Crit check? --> [ 1d20=19 ]{19}
> roll 2d6 comedy
<Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 2d6 comedy --> [ 2d6=6 ]{6}
> roll 1d6
<Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 1d6 --> [ 1d6=5 ]{5}
<Lyselle> Lyselle grits her teeth against the pain, slashing again as hard as she can at the bone creature!
> The tossed flask is perfectly accurate! Flames lick and pour over the flames, doing some damage! Yet the bones seem resistant, only charring somewhat!
<Lyselle> roll 1d20+7
<Reikobot> Lyselle rolled : 1d20+7 --> [ 1d20=10 ]{17}
> OOC - Hit!
<Lyselle> roll 2d6+3
<Reikobot> Lyselle rolled : 2d6+3 --> [ 2d6=10 ]{13}
> The great slash rips apart many of the bony mouths! It's a direct hit, staggering the beast like little else! All the bones are wobbling, wavering in the air! OOC - Berli.
* Berlioz takes the opportunity to try and dent the creature further! Berli takes out his bow and arrow, aiming for a central point on the abomination and letting an arrow loose!
<Berlioz> roll 1d20+5
<Reikobot> Berlioz rolled : 1d20+5 --> [ 1d20=18 ]{23}
> OOC - Hit!
<Berlioz> roll 1d6
<Reikobot> Berlioz rolled : 1d6 --> [ 1d6=3 ]{3}
> While the natural arrow largely tinks off the bones, it does seem to do a little more damage! The Abomination drifts a little into the air, bones shaking...until they all start dropping and going right for Lyselle, a bony burst all around her! OOC - Ref safe, Lyselle, and more coming after this.
<Lyselle> roll 1d20+3
<Reikobot> Lyselle rolled : 1d20+3 --> [ 1d20=9 ]{12}
> roll 3d6
<Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 3d6 --> [ 3d6=8 ]{8}
> The flying bones pierce andr ip apart Lyselle's body! She's still alive, but several chunks of old human ivory jut out of her body at crazy angles! Where the bone river was is a trail of black energy, faint but shimmering. OOC - Rin and Seira are up,r espectively.
<Shamal> Rin growls but can't see what she can do in this situation, waiting for Shamal's guidance.
<Seira> roll 1d100 spellage with a shield~
<Reikobot> Seira rolled : 1d100 spellage with a shield~ --> [ 1d100=22 ]{22}
* Seira eyes the trail of ominous black energy and decides to change tactics. A short chant produces an iridescent ball of acid in her palm, and she flings it in the direction of the ominous trail of black energy!
<Seira> roll 1d20+6 ranged touch
<Reikobot> Seira rolled : 1d20+6 ranged touch --> [ 1d20=15 ]{21}
> OOC - Hit.
<Seira> roll 1d8 acid
<Reikobot> Seira rolled : 1d8 acid --> [ 1d8=7 ]{7}
> The ball of acid splashes directly on the black energy! There is a sizzling all over it, some of the acid remaining on it! The smell of something...odd cooking fills the air, lighter than meat but heavier than most other things. Somehow stomach turning, ashy! OOC - SHamal/Lyselle/Donald braintrust time.
<Lyselle> Lyselle lunges forward, tearing at the black energy with her silver blade just as ferociously as it struck at her, slashing and bashing with the longsword!
<Lyselle> roll 1d20+7
<Reikobot> Lyselle rolled : 1d20+7 --> [ 1d20=9 ]{16}
> OOC - Hit.
<Lyselle> roll 2d6+3
<Reikobot> Lyselle rolled : 2d6+3 --> [ 2d6=6 ]{9}
> AS the silver sword passes through the negative energy, the entire mass of it flashes silver! OOC - Sec.
* Shamal gently touches Lyselle's side, trying not to get in the way of her ferocious sword swinging as she bestows some healing energy.
<Shamal> roll 1d8+3
<Reikobot> Shamal rolled : 1d8+3 --> [ 1d8=4 ]{7}
> roll 1d20-1
<Reikobot> Kotono rolled : 1d20-1 --> [ 1d20=1 ]{0}
> Most of the energy fades away, gone! Yet Lyselle's sword darkens. From silver to a dusky black. It feels cooler in Lyselle's hand, chilly. OOC - Make a Will save, L-chan.
<Lyselle> roll 1d20+2
<Reikobot> Lyselle rolled : 1d20+2 --> [ 1d20=14 ]{16}
> Lyselle feels a little chilly, but the sensation inside passes. But her sword is cold and black...? OOC - Battle over, free actions.
* Berlioz sighs heavily, letting his arms down in slight abandonment. "Urgh."
<Shamal> "That seems to be it..." Shamal sags a bit, proceeding to take out a wand and a few scrolls. "Who needs healing?"
<Lyselle> "O...kay..." Lyselle mumbled softly, staring at her sword. "This is...extremely creepy..." she pronounces, frowning. "Aside...thanks, Shamal," she nods, eyes still on the blade.
> Donald sighs, "I think that's over with..." he sighs as well, "I also think that...this was pretty clearly a trap, wasn't it?"
* Berlioz scratches his head. "Mad clergymen trying to kill a bunch of nosy guards. We are idiots."
<Seira> "You believe the Church itself is infiltrated?" Seira asks out loud.
<Shamal> "Most definitely," Shamal nods, reading off her scroll and then tapping Lyselle again with a smile, "Think nothing of it," she tells her friend, bestowing a slower but more efficient healing spell from her scroll.
> "I don't know. Whatever this is..." A shake of his head, tired. "I saw...the information I have here is that a vampire came to this city."
<Lyselle> "Knowing Berlioz, he's about to accuse our commander, too," Lyselle adds with a wry expression, shrugging. "It could be that a spirit or necromancer just inhabited this place."
* Shamal then wanders over to Seira and uses her last scroll of lesser vigour to give the half-elf her own pick me up. "I agree, the Helmites are a pious bunch if ever there was one. I can't see them being responsible. But we were definitely expected."
* Berlioz sits down, chanting a healing dystic to restore himself. "I'm not accusing Sir Oberuth. I just wouldn't trust some clergy circles with a nickel, much less my life."
<Seira> "Perhaps we were spotted on our approach, or expected eventually, once we connected the dots," she muses.
> "Bastard," Donald says, brushing off his clothes and wincing. He wipes his brow, "I can assure, every member of the Helmite clergy I've met has been good."
<Shamal> "Or perhaps it wasn't meant for us specifically, just whomever poked their nose in..." Shamal murmurs, before eyeing Donald. "They seemed most focused on yourself, to the exception of any sound tactics."
<Seira> "This vampire," she states, leveling a look at Donald. "How do you believe it involved in all this?"
<Berlioz> "Or just excellent at hiding their intentions to you. I'm certain it's not terribly hard", Berlioz remarks acidly, walking to Shamal. "I'd gather you wouldn't mind a hand with healing, unless you're fond of spending gold on scrolls."
> "I'm not sure...look." A breath, "Can we talka fter we finish here? I'm exhausted and dizzy."
* Shamal gives Berlioz a somewhat flat look. "I thought you'd never ask. Rin and I will survive, but Lyselle and Donald both look like they could use a bit more assistance."
* Berlioz nods. "I see. We probably want to leave this place as soon as possible, regardless", Berlioz deadpans as he heads to Donald and Lyselle.
<Seira> "We should make certain no ghouls or ghouls in the making remain here, first," Seira objects.
<Shamal> "Let's not be so hasty," Shamal chimes in supportively after Seira, "We should look for clues."
> OOC - Berly, roll your heals, then we're going to go OOC to handle searchin' and the like.
<Berlioz> roll 1d8+4
<Reikobot> Berlioz rolled : 1d8+4 --> [ 1d8=4 ]{8}
<Berlioz> roll 1d8+4 Lyselle heal
<Reikobot> Berlioz rolled : 1d8+4 Lyselle heal --> [ 1d8=4 ]{8}
<Berlioz> roll 1d8+4 Donald
<Reikobot> Berlioz rolled : 1d8+4 Donald --> [ 1d8=1 ]{5}
<Afina> Forever.