News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

Avontyne: The Map!

Started by Sierra, June 16, 2007, 11:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sierra

Behold my dazzling expertise with MS Paint! Bit of a hack job, but I believe it gets the necessary information across. Key for the attachment:

Districts:

A: Landry (Dockside)
B: Drowned District Ophthaelen
C: Morrister
D: East Riding
E: Westborough
F: Bazaar
G: Chalcedony
H: Elster
I: Calia
J: Lotus
K: Brangwin

Landmarks:

1: Governor's Mansion
2: Senate Plaza
3: Merrigan's Tower
4: Office of the Registry
5: Bureau of Land Management
6: Honre Brangwin's (center of the Fyrdaellen Faith)
7: Margranth University
8: Lewenwold Island

Sierra

Oh yes. Have another beautiful production of Paint for you all. This here would be the University. The grounds are ringed with ancient brick wall. Gates at the north and south are of elaborately twisted black iron.

Red areas are paved with faded red flagstones, the brown roads with (naturally) pale brown ones. The light green wedges are actual gardens, while the dark green mass is normal grass, much trodden by stuents' soles.

A: Administrative building (Margranth Hall).
B: Bael Hall, where instruction in magic takes place. Training here is always very hands-on and personal; almost never do classes exceed single digits in size.
C: Library. The few pre-war texts left require special permission to access, but the building is otherwise open to all.
D: Pollaea Hall. Science and medicine are the focus here. However, considering how often magical ability is manifested as manipulation of physical phenomena, there's often a lot of bleedover into more arcane studies. This can frustrate those interested in pure science and create conflicts of domain in the faculty.
E: Various academic buildings that don't matter enough to have names right now. The more prosaic subjects with which the institution is concerned (math, literacy, basic law, admin) are taught here.
F: Practice field. A fenced-off area of rough dirt where more kinetic talents can be demonstrated without risk to furniture. There is an additional practice area outside the city for those with particularly grand or explosive specialties.
G: North (blue) dormitory.
H: South (green) dormitory (Oho! Bet you didn't call that one!)
I: West dormitory. The majority of students thought sufficiently dangerous or suspicious to have been forced into training are housed here. It is kept under moderate surveillance during the busier parts of the year.
J: Central commons. A well-kept field of grass.
K: Entry plaza. Students typically enter from the north gate, faculty from the south. A striking metal statue of the University's founder rests in the center of the plaza.