News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

Sense Fog

Started by Brian, June 16, 2004, 04:59:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

"Well then...when you get him, send a messanger to ask for my help?  Unless you think he can be found quickly."

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

"I'll have someone look for him," Radagast decides.  "Wait a moment."

With that, he goes to ask one of the guards to send for Parthipan.  The guard then scurries off.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Dracos waits.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

After a few minutes, the guard returns, Parthipan in tow.

~exploding tag~

Ginrai

"So what's going on?"

Dracos

"Here's the plan, Parth.  You can spy Elric.  Radagast can find what anchors Elric here if he can spy on Elric.  I can transfer your visions of spying to Radagast.  Understand?"

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Ginrai

"Fine with me.  I'll try not to get detected by him since he'll easily be able to send me back to my body."

Dracos

~I'll be right behind ye.  Now, let's get a move on, I don't know how long it'll be before I have to head back to the storm riders.~

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Ginrai

~Gotcha.~

Ginrai prepares himself for casting the 'Seeing the Wind' spell.

Brian

After climbing atop the tower and preparing your spell, everything is in readiness.

Phil finds that when you leave your body, he can still follow your path, and see through your eyes.  He can do this more easily if Parthipan relaxes and tries to let him into his mind ... though, that's a bit unnerving.

From the top of the tower, you fly down at an angle, barely clearing the wall, and then gliding across the field, towards the enemy camp.

Parthipan spots Elric from a distance.  Enough to hide behind a tent and listen in.  Assuming that tents will shield the spell from his vision.

A spot is found shortly where Parthipan and (through the spell, now that Phil is maintaining the link), Phil can spy on Elric.

Elric is pacing back and forth, muttering to himself.  You can't make out what he is from here, and peeking closer could attract his attention unneccesarily.

As Phil peers through Parthipan's eyes, however, the aura around Elric flares to life, huge and imposing against the camp behind him.  He's wreathed with black halos, which all ring his body, clouds of loops around them surrounding the entire area with coils of dark, pure energy.

Strands of it (thick ones, too) lead off in many directions.  Three of them are in the sky, too distant to be traced to a source the further you try to look.  Another leads behind him somewhat, across the ice, and somewhat west.  The other two which come to light immediately go down, to something beneath the ice ... and that which heads towards the keep.

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Dracos focuses on comitting it all to memory, getting as much as possible for Radagast to work with, remaining quiet.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Elric continues his pacing, Parthipan momentarily pulling back behind the flap of a curtain as Elric glances in that direction.

Once the moment is past, Parthipan continues peeking out, able to percieve (as can Phil) the cord leading towards the keep with greater clarity.  After a few minutes, it will be possible to follow the cord back to the keep, and to leave Elric's field of vision ... but more time needs to be invested in watching the cord where it joins Elric's aura, first.

~exploding tag~

Dracos

~Just a little longer.~

Dracos concentrated, focusing only on the strand going to the keep and it's connection to elric.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Both Parthipan and Phil are momentarily blinded by a surge of some energy from Elric, and discern nothing new immediately.

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Dracos, realizing he's not seeing with his own eyes, resists blinking and risking weakening the connection, waiting for a clear vision of Elric again.

~Be careful, we might have to pull back.  Make sure you're behind cover.~

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.