News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

MySims - Freakin' Adorable

Started by Dexie Oblivion, September 22, 2007, 01:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dexie Oblivion

(Only a quick writeup here. If anyone has any questions, go ahead and ask me.)

System: Wii
Developer: EA Redwood Shores
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Release Date: 9/18/07

MySims is pretty fun, plain and simple.

It's basically the Sims, minus most of the micromanging and a bunch of customization options, but with the ability to build and edit every building and piece of furniture in the town.

The premise of the game is pretty simple. The town you come to is more or less destroyed and abandoned. The mayor and few remaining citizens want you to help rebuild and attract people back, since you're the only person in the world (Supposedly!) who can use Essences.

Essences are basically glorified paints. You pick up a red apple, you get a Red Apple Essence. It give you two different patterns and two solid colors you can use on the furniture you build. Different people will want different Essences used on what you build for them, so there is a tiny bit of Essence farming required to play the game. It's not a pain though. You can do a little at a time as you move from place to place.

Your eventual goal is to build the town to a 5-Star rating. You start at no stars, and each star you attain gets you a new gift from the mayor that you can use to access new areas; for instance a crowbar for busting locks, a saw for hacking up logs, etc...

The music is peaceful, the graphical style is freaking CUUUTE. Seriously. Your people look like well animated Lego men (Which is fitting, since you're basically using legos to build houses and chairs and stuff for them), and, well, it's a lot more fun to watch them go about their actions than it is to watch the more realistic models of the normal Sims games.

Overall, it's a good title, though a bit repetitive at times. Worth $50 bucks? Nah. Wait til it's at least $30, which, like most EA games, won't take long, or give it a rental sometime.

A solid B+ score. I recommend it.
Pet my snake, pet my ssssnaaaake. :P