News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

[Introductions] We have emerged from the Underground

Started by Dracos, October 08, 2007, 08:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ragnar

OH MY GOODNESS OLD PEOPLE AND NEW PEOPLE :-U
Clearly I have been away for too long as well.
-Ragnar
"BUT THOU MUST!"

DannyCat|somewhere: Watch out, Huitzil. Encredible froce is being swang here.

Sinom Bre

ARGH! If that's how you really look, Ragnar, no wonder you can't get a date.

Anyway... I'm Dave, although I answer to Sinom Bre, Rain, or just Hey, you! on occasion. Dracos and Merc think I'm older than dirt, so I'm all in for an assassin-call on Merc. Here's 59¢ towards the kitty.

And Brian Randall has a Mini-Me? It's the End of Days...

Never really participated in SR, but I've been about a degree or two removed from it through mutual online acquaintances since probably before SR was a gleam in someone's eye, e.g., since 1998.

I write some fanfic and post it every 4-5 years. :D

That is all. /cue exit music, stage left.
"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -Bill Vaughan
"Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?" -James Thurber
"Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage." -Robert A. Heinlein
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split..." –Conan the Cimmerian, The Tower of the Elephant by Robert E. Howard
"Well, it's like the man says... Never take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive." -Bugs Bunny, Rabbit's Feat, 1960

Brian

Awesome to see you around again, DFR.  That means that it's time to pester you for more Ranma/Ryouko!
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Sinom Bre

Take a number. CyMage pesters me on a semi-regular basis about HH. ;p
"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -Bill Vaughan
"Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage." -Robert A. Heinlein
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split..." –Conan the Cimmerian, The Tower of the Elephant by Robert E. Howard
"Well, it's like the man says... Never take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive." -Bugs Bunny, Rabbit's Feat, 1960

Dracos

It's only a decade old :3

Heya, Rain.  Welcome to the site.  Good to see ya.
Well, Goodbye.

Sinom Bre

Ah! So I have been around for about 3 years before SR started. That started on IRC.Nabiki, didn't it? But not until after it moved onto Lorien's private server from Newberry?

Thanks, Drac. BTW, what's allowable in terms of fanfic posting? Specifically, is this an anime fanfic-only forum or are other types of things allowed or encouraged and not derided and pelted with rotten tomatoes and cabbages? :)

Merc

Nothing gets derided and pelted!

Ignored, possibly.

Derided, no!

=p
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Sinom Bre

Well, ignored is better than what was happening in the decline from the halcyon days of the FFML. I've ever since been leery of submitting fics or ideas to review groups. Didn't want another experience like that.

BTW, Merc, the kitty for hiring an assassin for you is up to 59¢. =p

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Sinom Bre on October 22, 2011, 01:06:52 AM

I'll do it. But you have to cover my gas costs in addition to the 59 cents.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Sinom Bre

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on October 22, 2011, 01:23:26 AM

That depends. How far are you from Houston? =p

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Sinom Bre on October 22, 2011, 01:42:50 AM

Dallas =)
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Sinom Bre

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on October 22, 2011, 01:52:29 AM
Quote from: Sinom Bre on October 22, 2011, 01:42:50 AM

Dallas =)
Ah. That's easy. A tank of gas should get you to Merc's house. Don't mind all the dead cats and chickens he's nailed to his house, the Voodoo freak. =P

Dracos

Quote from: Sinom Bre on October 22, 2011, 12:17:15 AM
Ah! So I have been around for about 3 years before SR started. That started on IRC.Nabiki, didn't it? But not until after it moved onto Lorien's private server from Newberry?

Thanks, Drac. BTW, what's allowable in terms of fanfic posting? Specifically, is this an anime fanfic-only forum or are other types of things allowed or encouraged and not derided and pelted with rotten tomatoes and cabbages? :)

Oh, I meant Hearts Healing.  But I guess that's more like 12-13 years at this point.  SR is about a decade, and your memory serves you well.

Feel free to post what fiction you'd like.  This is, at its heart, a place for friends to hang out.  We deride other people :P
Well, Goodbye.

Kt3

Hallo.  I've gone by many names over my many years on the Internet, but the one I've used that some people around here may remember is Kt3.

I'm mostly a lurker.  I've started reading fics about... 12-13 years ago.  I tried to write a bit, and the people I showed it to liked it, but it's long since been burned, buried, forgotten, and never spoken about again.  I like to believe that I'd write again... but I'm not holding my breath.  I enjoy reading and theorizing and discussing however.  I also enjoy video game theory, design, and collecting video game music.  I want to make one eventually.  I'm just busy *and* lazy, so it's hard to get something going. :|

The first time I ran into most of you all was when Delphi forums were still up and relevant.  I posted a little there, lurked quite a bit, and bid my time.  I also spent some time on IRC in #soulriders back when it was on nabiki and when the svartalfheim redirector came up.

I believe I even tried to play a bit of WoW with a number of you guys as well, whenever people were on Silver Hand.  That didn't last long for me. >.>

Anyway, I'm here, I'll probably continue to lurk, but if I pop up and say something, try not to be too confused as to who I am.  :d
I think we live our lives in other people's hearts and minds. Alone by ourselves we're not very much good at all. But when we let someone else in with their stories and all their sights and sounds and songs and smells and sensations, we suddenly start filling our shelves and boxes with books and books of them and building up our libraries.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.