[Introductions] We have emerged from the Underground

Started by Dracos, October 08, 2007, 08:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinom Bre

Quote from: Kt3 on October 29, 2011, 09:19:12 PM
Hallo.  I've gone by many names over my many years on the Internet, but the one I've used that some people around here may remember is Kt3.

Anyway, I'm here, I'll probably continue to lurk, but if I pop up and say something, try not to be too confused as to who I am.  :d

We'll figure it out. :)

Quote from: Kt3 on October 29, 2011, 09:19:12 PM
The first time I ran into most of you all was when Delphi forums were still up and relevant.  I posted a little there, lurked quite a bit, and bid my time.  I also spent some time on IRC in #soulriders back when it was on nabiki and when the svartalfheim redirector came up.

Okay. That explains why Dracos knows you and I don't. I spent those years hanging around #fanfic on Nabiki. Didn't frequent Delphi and only now am doing SR.

Anyway, welcome!
"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -Bill Vaughan
"Why do you have to be a nonconformist like everybody else?" -James Thurber
"Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage." -Robert A. Heinlein
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split..." –Conan the Cimmerian, The Tower of the Elephant by Robert E. Howard
"Well, it's like the man says... Never take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive." -Bugs Bunny, Rabbit's Feat, 1960

Dracos

I blame your lack of Sun Needle.

Go on a quest to retrieve this.
Well, Goodbye.

Sinom Bre

Quote from: Dracos on October 31, 2011, 03:09:41 AM
I blame your lack of Sun Needle.

Go on a quest to retrieve this.
It would probably help if I knew what the heck a sun needle was, that statement probably showing my lack of gaming knowledge and lowering me considerably in everyone's estimation. :)
"If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -Bill Vaughan
"Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-interest gives you more leverage." -Robert A. Heinlein
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split..." –Conan the Cimmerian, The Tower of the Elephant by Robert E. Howard
"Well, it's like the man says... Never take life too seriously; you'll never get out of it alive." -Bugs Bunny, Rabbit's Feat, 1960

Brian

Quote from: Sinom Bre on October 31, 2011, 03:20:55 AMIt would probably help if I knew what the heck a sun needle was, that statement probably showing my lack of gaming knowledge and lowering me considerably in everyone's estimation. :)

I haven't told anyone but Drac what they are.

He is taunting.

He is quite good at that.

Related:

I only just now realized you named yourself 'sin nombre.'  (Man, I'm slow.)  Well played, mi amigo.  Well played.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Sinom Bre

Quote from: Brian on October 31, 2011, 03:43:36 AM
I haven't told anyone but Drac what they are.

He is taunting.

He is quite good at that.
* Sinom Bre shakes his fist at Dracos.

Quote from: Brian on October 31, 2011, 03:43:36 AM
Related:

I only just now realized you named yourself 'sin nombre.'  (Man, I'm slow.)  Well played, mi amigo.  Well played.
Actually, Latin_D suggested "sin nombre" ages ago when I decided to go with a pen name meaning "no name" instead of using my real one, and "Nanashi" was already in use. I just played with the lettering a bit. ;p  Apparently, I'm not the only one who's come up with that twist, either. I've run into it elsewhere on several occasions.

Brian

I would have suggested a combination of a primary color/force and a cabbit....

~exploding tag~

Sinom Bre

Quote from: Brian on October 31, 2011, 04:28:19 AM
I would have suggested a combination of a primary color/force and a cabbit....
HAHAHAHA~! It took me about 15 seconds to figure out to what you were referring. Gah. Haven't thought about Cabbit Blue in ages, either. I really am getting old. *joints creaking* I commend your recall abilities. That I was Cabbit Blue wasn't commonly known, either. :)

That webpage is long gone too. IIRC, it was a sub-account to MageOhki's Anifics page, and Anifics has long died.

Brian

I have those files saved.

* Brian puts on spy shades.

If you want to avoid these being released to the public, leave an unmarked duffel bag at....  :p

~exploding tag~

Sinom Bre

Nice try, but someone could probably get at them through one of those web archives, like the Wayback Machine. ;p However, I'll give you an A for effort and put a box of Krispy Kreme donuts in the duffel.

Jason_Miao

Quote from: Sinom Bre on October 31, 2011, 05:11:20 AM
Nice try, but someone could probably get at them through one of those web archives, like the Wayback Machine. ;p However, I'll give you an A for effort and put a box of Krispy Kreme donuts in the duffel.
*note to self: post links to wayback machine in the "What are you reading" thread.

Sinom Bre

Quote from: Jason_Miao on October 31, 2011, 01:49:54 PM
Quote from: Sinom Bre on October 31, 2011, 05:11:20 AM
*note to self: post links to wayback machine in the "What are you reading" thread.
That being said, you're going to end up with everyone being your hatebot. The Wayback Machine is rather... unreliable. :)

Jon

I specialize in reliablificating access to older fanfics, especially if they are old shames.

(Once someone emailed me asking me to censor a fanfic from my mailing list archive. I told him "No. Change your email address and/or your name.")

Sinom Bre

Quote from: Jon on October 31, 2011, 03:04:32 PM
I specialize in reliablificating access to older fanfics, especially if they are old shames.
Good. Go find Latin_D and remind about his old Ranma/Macross fic, Silent Battles. >:)

Ragnar

Quote from: Sinom Bre on October 21, 2011, 10:57:25 PM
I'm Dave, although I answer to Sinom Bre, Rain, or just Hey, you! on occasion.

Jeez, we just let ANYONE wander in here these days, don't we. Can't we put up some ropes to keep out the riff-raff?
-Ragnar
"BUT THOU MUST!"

DannyCat|somewhere: Watch out, Huitzil. Encredible froce is being swang here.

Dracos

Yes, Ragnar, you are a Guardian Ninja.
It is your job to slay the riff-raff.
Well, Goodbye.