News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Sci-fi Game?

Started by Iron Dragoon, December 17, 2007, 11:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

This isn't recruiting, necessarily, just more testing the waters...

We've run a lot of games here, but most of them seem to be fantasy/magic type games.. Was wondering if there was any interest in a Sci-Fi game.. Rifts, Warhammer 40K, Heavy Gear, Appleseed... Anything, really. If you got an idea at all, post it. Just want to know if there's any interest in the genre or any ideas.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Merc

Semi-interested, it'd mostly depend on system (if using one). I'm not really familiar with sci-fi based game systems, and to be honest, I don't want to be sludging through a new book to get familiarized with a new set of rules. If the plothook/concept of a game grabbed my attention, I'd change my mind and consider reading a new book, though then I still need to see how game scheduling matches up with me. >_>;

<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Asrana

I'm interested in theory... But like Merc said, I'm not totally up to learning an all new system with college ever present, which brings us to the next problem... Scheduling. Most of my time is in class or at work, especially next semester, and while I'm online at work, a bad day can mean a three hour disappearance. So I'm pretty stuck to limited evenings and weekends. >_>;
lt;Kotono>  (Currently looks like a 16-year-old girl):I walk up to the leader and say, "Are you so sure you want our money?" and use my alter self ability to grow a massive bulge in my pants.

Jon

I'm up for a cyberpunk game, provided (a) it is on IRC and (b) runs at a sane time (evenings central time, basically, usually no more than once a week.)

Corwin

Sci-fi wins at a lot, especially anything involving space. Because... it's gaming. IN SPACE.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake