Bloopers/Jokes/Comedy

Started by Dracos, November 05, 2008, 02:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

So, ideas that aren't making the cut:

Name: Mahatma Gandhi
Alignment: Lawful Good

The work of a lifetime.   A masterpiece.  For some it is a piece of artwork.  For others, their children or children's children.  For others it is a work of the many, gathering together over generations to build something.

As one of the ageless, Gandhi had a very different perspective.  From the very dawn of time he had worked to grow his civilization into the greatest masterpiece the world had ever seen.  The very apex of human advancement was his canvase, his paint the lives of his people over countless generations.  He was not the only world leader, but in the end after countless millenia, he was the only one that mattered.  As mankind stretched its hand out to the very distant reaches of the galaxy, beginning to terraform far off worlds and expand into distant stars, he was beginning to think he could finally rest.  That no more would he thunder in a fiery diplomatic meeting "My words are backed by nuclear weapons."

Pity no one told the dark one that.  The bright glowing light of civilization, nutured over tens of thousands of years, snuffed out in an instant.  The very seed of human existence yanked right from its roots on earth.

He wasn't bitter.  He'd had setbacks before.  The fact that he was no longer alive was perhaps a larger one than he'd encountered, but there was a chance at redemption.

All he had to do was kill the one responsible for all of it.

As the americans used to say, Christmas sometimes came early.

-------------------------------

Name: Shinji Ikari
Alignment: Chaotic Scared

Run Away?  Always have to run away.  What else could one do?  Everything was out there to hurt him.  The world itself was broken.  Had been broken his entire life.  Even god was sending down his angels to finish the job.  Who was he to fight them?  To kill them.  His father told him, go out there and fight them or else.  And the or else was always something terrible.  Someone would be sent out in his place.  People he knew would be killed.  Yadda. :P

Mmm, anyhow, to think on serious ones.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Adolf Hitler
Alignment: Lawful Evil

First, Germany had come under the jackboot of the Nazi party. Then Poland had fallen and been cruelly divided, France following. A few months later paratroopers captured London, leading to total victory in the West. Adolf Hitler was estatic! His new world order was coming! Germany's losses in the Great War had been avenged at last! On June 22nd, 1941, all was in place for the betrayal of the Bolshevik menace and it's eradication.

Who would have thought someone would've come out of the sky and been even more evil than him? It's not fair! Dying at the hands of black knights as SS troopers fought to defend the Fuhrer bunker was the most metal thing that has ever been conceived, but it's no consolation for Adolf now!  It's time to go get revenge, since surely this Dark One is a communist as well!
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

VySaika

From a PM with one of the DL guys:

<Xeroma> Hey I could uh optimize my PSP's speed and lessen the load times!!!
<Xeroma> thanks to CFW
<Xeroma> That doesn't stop laggy animation though
> man, I have DnD in the blood, I swear.
> Every time someone says CFW, I try and translate it as a Cure (something) Wounds, spell
<Xeroma> ...<_<
<Xeroma> I mean Custom FirmWare.
> CLW, CMW, CSW, CCW~
> Heh
> I know what it stands for.
> just Cure Wounds is always my first thought
<Xeroma> but what else would CFW stand for
<Xeroma> Cure... um...
<Xeroma> umm....
<Xeroma> Cure FACTUAL wounds?
> Cure Fatal Wounds. Also known as "Raise Dead"

We should so rename Raise Dead to Cure Fatal Wounds so that clerics could spontaneously cast it!!!!!
All About Monks
<Marisa> They're OP as fuck
<Marisa> They definitely don't blow in 3.5
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies
<Marisa> they're immune to a bunch of high level effects
<Marisa> just by being monks

Anastasia

That and sell Phoenix downs for 100 gold.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

VySaika

Obviously. I mean, what are you supposed to do if the healer gets KOd?
All About Monks
<Marisa> They're OP as fuck
<Marisa> They definitely don't blow in 3.5
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies
<Marisa> they're immune to a bunch of high level effects
<Marisa> just by being monks