News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Floor 1 "Wheel": 1-1

Started by Anastasia, November 09, 2008, 10:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Heading down the curving path to the southwest, they find it goes perhaps thirty feet. At the end of it there is a chasm about 15 feet wide. On the other side rests a silver and white rod, just lying there on the ground. In the middle a rope hangs from the ceiling, as if inviting one to jump on it and swing across.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

"...That seems far too obvious," Shadow looked down to see what was at the bottom of the chasm.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

The chasm goes down a hard thirty feet, ending in a solid steel bottom. You don't see much of note besides the end of what would likely be a painful plummet.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Shadow eyed the wall on the other side of the chasm pit.  Did it look climbable?
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

"It does, doesn't it? Still, that rod's probably useful for something..." Varian muses as he digs into his own supplies and taps his own 10-ft pole against the ground. "Think between the two of us we can loop the rope and give it a good yank to test its weight holding ability?"
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Both sides of the pit look reasonably climbable - there's enough handholds to make it viable, though it won't be easy either.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

"Why, it's so obviously a trap.  Let's just go along the pit.  Here, hold the rope,"  Shadow helped get a rope lowered down and then carefully made his way down using it.  He then took the way up to the rod far more carefully, but didn't touch it.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

<Kobot> UGUU_HARDER rolled 1d20 to see if the mod will be relevant either way, DC 5 --> [ 1d20=18 ]{18}

With the aid of the rope and a wall to rappel down with, Shadow easily reaches the bottom of the chasm. It's kind of dark down here, not that it bothers him.  There isn't much of note here on a casual glance.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

"Everything alright?" Varian asks.

Dracos

Looking over the wall, he considered and pulled back, fiddling with the rope to get a small noose for catching on objects, spinning it around a bit and aiming carefully before flinging it up, repeatedly trying to bring the rod safely down.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

This takes several tries. However, nothing really bad happens on failure. Eventually Shadow brings the rod rolling and falling down in a controlled rope plummet. It's not too hard to catch it - it feels metallic to the touch, shivery cool.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Heading back, he climbs back up, showing it Varian.  "Any ideas?  I don't know how to use it."
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

"None, honestly," Varian admits. "Let's just hope it proves useful in some way later on though."

Anastasia

<Kobot> Kotono rolled 1d20-1 climb DC 5 --> [ 1d20=9 ]{8}

Shadow climbs back up without incident, the rope making the ascent far more palatable than doing it bare handed.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

OOC: Hope you've got use wand.  ^^;
IC:

"Well, let's hope it's something nasty...this way is a dead end, so we're stuck heading down that pit," He returned to the earlier pit, using the rope to help Varian down and then very carefully going down himself and looking around.
Well, Goodbye.