News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

Sidequesting

Started by Dracos, December 05, 2008, 09:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Okay, the city was meant to be a framework to allow you guys to acquire piratic side quests, and I think I failed at such pretty hard.  The cartography adventure type stuff didn't draw interest at all, you guys didn't pick any fights, and you guys have only discovered one other option to go at.

I'd like to resolve this in a way that let's the game open up a bit more for piracy.

So, I'd like to lay out options and take any in that you guys would be interested in.

There is a ship builder in town who can help improve/modify your ships and also build you new ones.  He's expensive, but he's also interested in moonstones, so expeditions to collect them for him are welcome.

There's Nassar which you learned about last time which is a very large trade city.  This always has merchants heading along the route that need protection of various kinds.... Or that can be raided by the bold.  Notably, this would be looked poorly upon, unlike raiding Valuan stuff (nobody really likes the Valuans anyway).

There is the cartography guild.  They'd probably pay for details on the island and they do have some rumors they'd like folks to follow up and take details on.

There's the local merc's guild, which always has work for strong backs.

There's the wanted list for those with a suicide desire

more later
Well, Goodbye.

Trunkyboy

I am APPALLED that you have suggested going to a shipbuilder.  Glubtz is all we'll ever need!  Unless said shipbuilder would be willing to teach a little...
riss and I against the world!

Rackham and Nirae get no breaks...

Why, oh why wasn't I born rich?

Edward

Due to lack of sleep, an occupational hazard when you run a game store over the holidays, I wasn't exactly conscious for the last half of last session. 

Right now our characters need a place to base ourselves out of.  Which means behaving reasonably well towards that place and any traffic going to and from it.

We also need info, loot, and XP's to have a chance of rescuing everyone captured by the Valuans.

I recommend checking the cartography guild.  It gives us a chance to get paid for wandering about and while we do it we can find a secure island to make our base.

I also recommend dealing with the wanted list.  It could get us contacts within the system that would help us figure out where the missing people are and how to free them.

Not keen on the merc business.

No opinion on the shipbuilder.
If you see Vampire Hikaru Shidou, it is Fox.  No one else does that.  You need no other evidence." - Dracos

"Huh? Which rant?" - Gary

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Servitor of the Outer Gods with your ineffective Thompson Submachine Gun." - grimjack

Dracos

Notably, unless you become fiends, you are welcome both at Sailor's Island and at Pirate Island.

Naturally though, I like making your own pirate base. :)
Well, Goodbye.