News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Saturday Morning Game!

Started by Anastasia, May 27, 2009, 03:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthrat

Quote from: DuneSeaking campaign, gestalt, monk focus, no standard casting classes, high but not stupid difficulty, ban flight.

Sounds good! (I wish I wasn't capped, because then I could include that stupid image macro. :V)
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Anastasia

Right, two methods of chargen:

!rollchar 6x 3d6/5d6 - The classic 5d6, drop two lowest method.  Roll two sets and choose whichever set you prefer. It's stable, you have about 99% odds of getting a highly usable character, you probably won't have any seriously low scores.

--OR--

!rollchar 6x 1d20/2d20 - The wildcard, 2d20, drop lowest method. Roll two sets and choose whichever you prefer. You're trusting on luck and in a very swingy method of character generation. The upside is that you can have a starting stat at 20! The bad side is that it's much easier to have an abysmally low score.

You're welcome to use whichever method you prefer. Make sure I'm around and you declare your rolls. Post the results in this thread. In the event of extreme low outliers, I'll probably give you another reroll so you don't totally suck.

---

Starting level is 11. Standard wealth for level 11, which is 66,000 GP. You can spend your money in any way you wish. Hold off on buying a ship or a home base, as those will be provided for you.

---

All books but ToB are allowed, though I reserve the right to veto. Standard casters are banned. This includes Clerics, Wizards, Sorcerers and Druids. Any other full casting class from splatbooks/side books can be assumed to fall under this. If in doubt, ask me. Third party material can be allowed on a case by case basis.

---

As this is going to be a nautical campaign, I'm going to be studying and referencing Stormwrack. More on that once I refresh myself on the material there.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Carthrat

Corwin

<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Sierra

Ebiris

Carthrat

Kakugo
Chaotic Neutral Human
Monk6/Psionic Fist5 && Warlock 9/Hellfire Warlock 2
HD: 6d8+5d6+77 (130)
Init: +2
Speed: 50ft
Armour Class: 29 (Flat-Footed 18, Touch 23)
Base Attack/Grapple: +9/+14
Full Attack: +15/+15/+9 (2d6+6+1d6)
Attack:

One Mighty Blow: +16 to hit (22d6+7)
2d6+7,
1d6 acid,
3d6 acid (-1 amulet charge)
4d6 psychic blow (-1 psionic focus)
(grant SR, can be maximized)
4d6 hellfire (-1con)
6d6 hideous blow
2d6 fire (brimstone strike, reflex DC 17)

Space/Reach: 5ft/5ft
Special Attacks: Flurry of Blows, Eldricht Blast, Hellfire Blast
Special Abilities: Evasion, Still Mind, Slow Fall, Purity of Body, Detect Magic, DR 2/Cold Iron, Deceive Item, Fiendish Resilience 1, Hellfire Infusion, Resistance to Fire (10)
Saves: Fort +15, Reflex +11, Will +17 (+2 vs. enchantment)
Abilities: Str 22, Dex 14, Con 24, Int 7, Wis 24, Cha 18
Feats: Stunning Fist, Combat Reflexes, Improved Trip, Wild Talent, Psionic Fist, Greater Psionic Fist, Psionic Meditation, Maximize Spell-Like Ability, Open Minded
Skills: Concentration +16, Intimidate +10, Knowledge: Planes +10, Swim +10, Spellcraft +4

Equipment

Necklace of Natural Attacks (+1 Corrosive Energy Surge) (18,600)
Circlet of Wisdom +4 (16,000)
Belt of Health +4 (16,000)
Gauntlets of Strength +2 (4,000)
Ring of Protection +2 (8,000)
Elixer of Flaming Fists x2 (600gp)
Potion of Cure Blindness/Deafness (300gp)
Potion of Cure Paralysis

200gp

Stunning Fist: DC 22
Hellfire Blast: Eldricht Blast does +4d6 untyped damage if I take 1 con damage
Evasion: No damage on successful reflex save
Slow Fall 30ft
Purity of Body: Immune to poison
Detect Magic: At will
Fiendish Resilience 1: Fast Healing 1 for 2 minutes, 1/day

Greater Psionic Fist: Deal +4d6 damage on one attack; expend psionic focus
Psionic Meditation: Recover Psionic Focus as a move action

Invocations

Least: Hideous Blow, See the Unseen, Spiderwalk
Lesser: Brimstone Blast, Walk Unseen, Witchwood Step
Greater: Eldricht Cone

Powers (24 power points maximum)

1st: Precognition, Offensive (+to hit), Inertial Armour (+ac)
2nd: Body Purification (heals ability damage), Hustle (take move action instantly)
3rd: Empathic Transfer, Hostile (transfer damage dealt to someone else; gain life)

Corwin

20/06/2009

Neet Armstrong [lvl 11 gestalt character: Monk 11|Barbarian 1/Fighter 4/Reaping Mauler 2 (CW p77)/Fighter 5/Reaping Mauler 3/Bear Warrior 1 (CW p17)/Fighter 6]
CG Human

Hit Dice 108hp
Init: +3
Speed: 60ft (land) / 40ft (swim/cloak)
AC: 18 [16 flat-footed, 21 with Cloak of the Manta Ray in the water]

BAB/Grapple: +11/+20

Grapple (melee attack): Touch Attack at +19, 1d20+11(bab)+4(str)+4(improved grapple)+1(RM adept wrestling)+* vs opposed grapple roll (autofail if target is two or more size categories larger). Grappled opponents can be attacked at a -4 penalty to attack. Clever Wrestling gives bonuses for escaping grapple/pin by Large and larger opponents. http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Grapple

Trip (melee attack): Touch Attack at +19, 1d20+4(str)+4(improved trip)+* vs Dex/Str. Tripped opponent is prone (-4 to melee attacks, -4 to AC vs melee attacks, get free melee attack on tripped opponent; if you lose, defender may try to trip you). http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Trip

*Special size modifier: +4 for every size category you're larger than the defender (-4 for every size category you're smaller, 0 if same size)

Full Attack (Unarmed Flurry): +19/+19/+19/+19/+14/+9, 2d8+9 /x2

Space/Reach: 5ft/5ft [Black Bear form: 10ft/10ft]

Special Attacks: Sleeper Lock (Ex, RM, if pinning the opponent and maintaining the pin for 1 full round, opponent must make Fort save at DC 18 or fall unconscious for 1d3 rounds), Rage 3/day (Ex, barbarian, a +4 bonus to Strength, a +4 bonus to Constitution, and a +2 morale bonus on Will saves, but he takes a -2 penalty to Armor Class; lasts for a number of rounds equal to 3 + the character's (newly improved) Constitution modifier); At the end of the rage, the barbarian loses the rage modifiers and restrictions and becomes fatigued (-2 penalty to Strength, -2 penalty to Dexterity, can't charge or run) for the duration of the current encounter), Black Bear form (BW, +8 str, +2 dex, +4 con if going into a rage and using a bear form instead), 3 Attacks of Opportunity per round, Stunning Fist 12/day (DC 18, 11 monk levels + 1 monk's belt)

Special Qualities: Adept Wrestling (Ex, RM, get +2 to all grapple and opposed str/dex checks), Counter Grapple (Ex, RM, when grappling or pinned can try both grapple check and escape artist check to escape grapple one after the other), AC bonus (Ex, monk), Flurry of Blows (Ex, monk, greater flurry), Improved Evasion (Ex), Still Mind (Ex, monk, +2 to saving throws vs Enchantment), Holy Strike (Su, unarmed strike is good and deals an extra 1d6 damage to evil creatures), Ki Strike (Su, monk, unarmed strike is chaotic), Water Step 50ft (Ex, a monk can move with a step so quick and light that he can walk across short distances of water), Purity of Body (Ex, monk, immunity to non-magical or supernatural diseases), Wholeness of Body (Su, monk, can heal 22 hp per day), Diamond Body (Su, monk, immunity to all poisons), Spiritual Totem/Lion Totem (Ex, Pounce as per MM p313), Weapon and Armor Proficiency (fighter, proficiency with all simple and martial weapons and with all armor (heavy, medium, and light) and shields (including tower shields))

Saves: Fort +17, Ref +12, Will +12

Abilities: STR 18 (+4), DEX 14 (+2), CON 16 (+3), INT 14 (+2), WIS 16 (+3), CHA 7 (-2)

Languages: Common, Aquatic

Skills: Escape Artist +17 (14), Tumble +16 (14), Sense Motive +17 (14), Spot +17 (14), Listen +17 (14), Jump +17 (14), Swim +17 (14)

Feats: Weapon Focus/Unarmed Strike, Extra Rage, Clever Wrestling, Scorpion's Grasp, Melee Weapon Mastery/Bludgeoning, Improved Unarmed Strike, Stunning Fist, Combat Reflexes, Improved Trip, Power Attack, Improved Bullrush, Weapon Specialization/Unarmed Strike, Shock Trooper, Improved Grapple, Mobility

Items/Funds: Monk's Belt (13k), Boots of Speed (12k), Ring of Adamantine Touch (6k), Gauntles of Ogre Power (4k), Ring of Lightning Flashes (11.5k, MIC p125), Necklace of Valorous Punching +1 (8.6k Valorous), Cloak of the Manta Ray (7.2k), 50gp

Potions: Bear's Endurance (300gp), Invisibility (300gp), Protection from Arrows (300gp), Displacement (750gp), Fly (750gp), Haste (750gp), CLW (10x50gp)
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

Name; Reckgar Redfist
Race: Gold Dwarf
Class: Ranger 1/Monk 8/Deepwarden 2//Spirit Binder 9, Atlan Demon Binder 2
Alignment: Chaotic Evil

Size/Type: Medium Humanoid
Hit Dice: 146
Initiative: -2
Speed: 40
Armor Class: 31 (+8 constitution, +5 charisma, +1 monk, +4 armour, +3 deflection) touch 27, flat footed 23
Base Attack/Grapple: +11/+20
Attack: Unarmed Strike +17 (1d10+6 +1 con damage)
Full Attack: +16/+16/+11/+6 (1d10+6 +1 con damage)
Space/Reach: 5/5
Special Attacks: Dwarf Traits, Flurry of Blows, Wholeness of Body
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60, Dwarf Traits, Evasion, Still Mind, Ki Strike (Magic), Purity of Body, Water Step 40ft, Wild Empathy, Favoured Enemy (Animals), Bind Spirit, Intuit Spirit, Trap Sense, Stone Warden, Bind Demon Spirit, Fear Immunity
Saves: Fort +23, Ref +8, Will +14
Abilities: Str 20, Dex 7, Con 26, Int 13, Wis 9, Cha 20
Skills: Climb +10, Heal +4, Jump +16, Knowledge (Dungeoneering) +6, Knowledge (Nature) +8, Knowledge (Planes) +9, Search +11, Survival +15 (+17 following tracks), Swim +14, Profession (Sailor) +4, Tumble +10, Speak Language (Abyssal)
Feats: Endurance, Power Attack, Ascetic Mage, Focal Constellation (Fiend), Track (B), Improved Grapple (B), Deflect Arrows (B), Improved Trip (B), Bonus Spirit Benefit (B), Skilled Binder (B), Augment Pact (B)
Languages: Common, Dwarven, Aquan, Abyssal
Gear: Necklace of Natural Attacks (+1 Wounding), Belt of Health +4, Bracers of Armour +4, Ring of Protection +3, Slippers of Spiderclimbing, 4x Potion of Lesser Restoration, 1x Potion of Remove Blindness/Deafness, 1x Potion of Haste, 2x Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds, 300gp

Ranger 1/Binder 1         +2 all
Monk 1/Binder 2            +2 all
Monk 2/Binder 3            +1 all
Monk 3/Binder 4            +1 fort/will
Monk 4/Binder 5            +1 all
Monk 5/Binder 6            +1 all
Monk 6/Binder 7            +1 all
Deepwarden 1/Binder 8         +2 fort/will
Deepwarden 2/Binder 9         +1 all
Monk 7/Atlan Demon Binder 1      +2 fort/will
Monk 8/Atlan Demon Binder 2      +1 all

Binder Secret: (4) Fear Immunity, Bonus Spirit Benefit, Skilled Binder, Ignore Binding Requirements

Spirit/Demon Binding Overview

Can bind 6th level Spirits/Demons, and up to 10 levels worth of Spirits/Demons at once.
Gains a +6 bonus on checks to bind Dark Blood, Hollow Eyes, Kaylos, Rajah, Amajalona, Witch Yaba, Xasa Culthic. Effective Binder Level is considered 1 higher when using granted effects for these Spirits. Benefit does not apply if Brother Calvis, Ghato'kacha, Jehotek, Kaiya, Rosho, or Ubro are also bound at the same time.
Binding check is made at 1d20 + binder level + charisma modifier + 4 (Skilled Binder) against DC set by Spirit/Demon. Takes 10 minutes to perform.
If check fails, the physical sign of the Spirit/Demon cannot be suppressed, and alignment shifts one step closer towards Spirits. Abilities are still gained.
If check passes by 10 or more, a bonus Capstone ability is gained.
The DC to resist any granted abilities is 10 + half binder level + constitution modifier
If Binder drops to 0 hit points or below, fails a save against a mind affecting ability, experiences a change in binder level, or becomes exhausted, he must make a new Binding check. Failure means he becomes influenced by the Spirit/Demon as if the initial check had failed.
3 Bonus Benefits are provided when a Demon is bound.

Bound Spirits (all abilities at will standard actions unless otherwise noted)

Tentacles of Dagon (level 5)
Binding DC 23
- Animate the Drowned: As Animate Dead but only on creatures that died in the water. Unless an appropriate amount of black onyx is provided (as per the spell) animated creatures remain for 1 round per level.
- Contact Other Plane: As per the spell, can ask 1 question per 2 levels. Usable once per day.
- Curse of Nightmares: As Nightmare spell except duration is 1 night. Can curse a total number of targets equal to level. DC 23 will.
- Monstrous Sea Form: Can Shapechange into Octopus, Giant Octopus, Squid, or Giant Squid. Unlike the spell can continue using Su abilities. Upon changing back must wait 5 rounds before using again.
- Watery Adaptation: Binder and all allies gain the benefit of the Water Breathing spell and Swim speed 30.
Capstone (received when DC 33 binding check reached): Once per day can delay one, some, or all effects that occur on you during the course of a single round. The delay can last up to 1 round per level, after which it is suffered as normal. It cannot be dispelled or negated while delayed, as it has not happened yet.
Tactical Bonus: A +1 bonus on all d20 rolls is acquired during any round in which the following occurs
- Attempt a Swim or Knowledge check
- Stand (float) within 5 feet of an aquatic animal
- Make a melee attack in underwater terrain
- Quaff a potion

Bebelith (level 5)
Binding DC 22
- Poison: DC 23 fort, 1d6 con/2d6 con, applies on one attack per round.
- Rend Armor: If a foe is struck twice in one round, 4d6+18 damage is applied directly to their armour.
- Web: 4/day can throw a web as a net (range increment 10, max range 30) which anchors the target in place, allowing no movement. The web has 14 hit points and hardness 0, and can be escaped with a DC 24 escape artist check, or broken with a DC 24 strength check. If set on fire there is a 75% chance it will not burn.
- Plane Shift: 3/day, self only. As per spell.
- Skill Bonus: +8 to hide checks.
- Bonus Benefits: DR 5/Cold Iron or Good, +4 Strength, +5 Natural Armour

Reserve Spirit (Not active normally, can be activated once per day for 2 minutes as a standard action, afterwards become fatigued)
Retriever (level 6)
Binding DC 23 (treat check as failed by 1, do not roll)
- Eye Rays: Each is usable once every 4 rounds and has 100 foot range. Ranged touch attack to hit, three do 12d6 fire/cold/electricity damage respectively (DC 23 reflex halves), one turns the target to stone (DC 23 fort negates)
- Improved Grab: On a successful melee attack can start a grapple as a free action.

Sierra

Phedra Mare
Female Aquatic Human Rogue 5/Assassin 6
CE Medium Humanoid

Senses: Low-light vision
Languages: Common, Aquan, four others from INT bonus?

Init: +7
AC: 10 (base) + 7 (Dex) + 3 (Wis) + 3 (Monk level 15 bonus) + 5 (equipment bonuses) = 28
HP: 82 (11d8+22)
Fort +14 Ref +21 Will +15

Speed: 60 feet
BAB: +9/4; Grip: +8
Attacks: basic attack is +18 to hit and 2d8 damage; sneak attack is +18 to hit and 2d8+6d6 damage; flurry of blows is +18/+18/+18/+13 to hit (each hit being 2d8 damage)

Abilities: STR 8 (-1) DEX 20+4 (+7) CON 14 (+2) INT 19 (+4) WIS 14+2 (+3) CHA 6 (-2)

Class Features (Monk): AC Bonus (flat +2 for Monk level 10, + Wis mod), Flurry of Blows, Unarmed Strike (1d10), Fast Movement (+30 feet), Still Mind (+2 to saves against Enchantment), Ki Strike, Slow Fall, Purity of Body (immune to disease), Wholeness of Body (22hp self-healing per day), Improved Evasion (no damage on successful Ref save), Diamond Body (immune to poison)

Class Features (Rogue): Sneak Attack +3d6, Trapfinding, Evasion (no damage on successful Ref save), Trap Sense (+1 to Ref saves against traps, +1 to AC against attacks from traps), Uncanny Dodge (no loss of Dex bonus when flat-footed or attacked by invisible opponent)

Class Features (Assassin): Sneak attack +3d6 (+6d6 total), Death Attack (DC 20 Fort save), Poison Use, Improved Uncanny Dodge (cannot be flanked)

Feats: 5 purchased--Weapon Finesse, Ascetic Rogue* (+2 to DC for stun for unarmed/stunning sneak attacks), Extra Stunning**, Weapon Focus (unarmed strike), Staggering Strike* (target staggered on successful sneak attack, DC of Fort save equal to damage dealt)--and bonus monk feats--Improved Unarmed Strike (monk level 1 bonus feat), Stunning Fist (six times per day, DC 18 to resist stun, DC20 for sneak attacks; monk level 1 bonus feat), Combat Reflexes (monk level 2 bonus feat), Improved Trip (monk level 6 bonus feat)

*From Complete Adventurer
**From Complete Warrior

Class Skills: Appraise, Balance, Bluff, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Decipher Script, Diplomacy, Disable Device, Disguise, Escape Artist, Forgery, Gather Information, Hide, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (Arcana), Knowledge (Local), Knowledge (Religion), Listen, Move Silently, Open Lock, Perform, Profession, Search, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Spot, Swim, Tumble, Use Magic Device, Use Rope

Skills (52 skill points at level 1 + 52 for levels 2-5 + 54 for levels 6-11) = 158 skill points: Balance +19 (12), Climb +11 (12), Disguise +2 (4), Escape Artist +17 (10), Hide +21 (14), Intimidate +8 (10), Jump +11 (12), Listen +17 (14), Move Silently +21 (14), Profession (Sailor) +7 (4), Sense Motive +13 (10), Sleight of Hand +12 (5), Spot +17 (14), Swim +10 (3), Tumble +17 (10), Use Rope +17 (10)

Spells Known (CL 6th):

3rd (2/day): (4 known) Deeper Darkness, False Life, Misdirection, Nondetection

2nd (4/day): (5 known) Alter Self, Cat's Grace, Fox's Cunning, Invisibility, Spider Climb

1st (4/day): (5 known) Disguise Self, Feather Fall, Jump, Obscuring Mist, True Strike

Possessions:

Amulet of Mighty Fists +1 (6,000gp)
Bracers of Armor +3 (9,000gp)
Cloak of Resistance +3 (9,000gp)
Gloves of Dexterity +4 (16,000gp)
Monk's Belt (13,000gp)
Periapt of Wisdom +2 (4,000gp)
Ring of Protection +2 (8,000gp)

1,000gp

Anastasia

Rat, you're okay. Approved. Cor, finish your draft and get back to me. Eb, summarize your common bindings for me so I have them on reference on your sheet? Cid, you're approved.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

It's game time! No more purchases/changes. This is it, people!
<Afina> Forever.