News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

Saturday Morning Game!

Started by Anastasia, May 27, 2009, 03:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Okay, Eb's City of the Drow game ended in a TPK. Let us have a moment of silence for those filthy, filthy exhibitionist drow. May Lolth torment their souls.

Right! Since no one's really stepped up to the plate to run something else, I'm thinking about running a oneshot over the next several weeks. The times would be around 6 AM to 11 AM, give or take a little time depending on how early I can get up and how late Rat can stay up. I'm fishing for a few things:

1. What sort of one shot would you guys like? Any themes you'd like to do? Any sort of PCs you'd like to run?

2. Difficulty level? It's a one shot so I don't have to worry quite as much about killing all of you.

3. I'm thinking around mid levels with gestalt. It's a one shot, so why not make potent builds? If you don't wanna deal with that, speak up.

4. Assuming the four of you play, that's 4 PCs. If anyone else is interested(Or reads this and is interested), speak up. I wouldn't mind having a large party to deal with.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Corwin

Screw you, all the drow were modestly adorned in armor!

How about playing monks? Monks get no love. We should play and see who is the coolest monk.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

An exciting nautical adventure would be fun, but feel free to go with whatever.

As for difficulty, lets play mid-level gestalt dudes and go balls to the wall difficulty.

Corwin

A gestalt where one part is MONK and the other can't be a traditional casting class!

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on May 27, 2009, 03:29:33 PM
A gestalt where one part is MONK and the other can't be a traditional casting class!

That could be a fun gimmick, and a lack of normal casters makes prep easier on everyone. Any build in mind, Seira?

Quote from: Ebiris on May 27, 2009, 03:27:27 PM
An exciting nautical adventure would be fun, but feel free to go with whatever.

As for difficulty, lets play mid-level gestalt dudes and go balls to the wall difficulty.

That's one vote for balls to the wall difficulty.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Books allowed: All core, all splatbooks besides ToB, which I just don't want to deal with. Third party stuff can be allowed if it's cool/interesting/not unbalanced.

I can't believe I forgot to add that in the OP.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Not as such, no, but I've been having a general interest in monks lately again. I did toy with a monk/cleric, but it'd be excluded here. Would be nice if alignment didn't matter, so you could have monk spellthieves and what not.

If I get to punch out Cthulhu with my bare hands, I don't mind if I have to fight it.

Anastasia

Yeah, I can wave the lawful thing with monks if you'd like. No big.
<Afina> Forever.

VySaika

Now someone needs to play a frothing at the mouth Brawlbarian.
All About Monks
<Marisa> They're OP as fuck
<Marisa> They definitely don't blow in 3.5
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies
<Marisa> they're immune to a bunch of high level effects
<Marisa> just by being monks

Carthrat

Scratch everything I said here, Monk/??? sounds fun.

I'd like the oneshot to be a sandbox, where we have some clear goal but multiple paths of obtaining it.

On a scale of 1-10, I'd like the difficulty to be around 7-8 as opposed to 10. 'Difficulty' is a nebulous concept anyway, high difficulty means to me that 'haha, you may randomly die to bullshit and stupid luck', can we shift it away from that and towards 'you may die because you did it wrong!' Because after Drow, I have a pressing need to prove that I can do it right. >_>
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Carthrat

Also, let's ban fly.

I like the idea of a 'the king is dead! Who will be the next king?' scenario. Since we're talking nautical adventures, we can make it 'the pirate king is dead! who will be the next pirate king?' and combine the best of both worlds.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Dracos

6 am?

wow, I'd love to join a saturday game, but 6 am EST is way out of my managable range :(
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Quote from: Dracos on May 27, 2009, 11:27:12 PM
6 am?

wow, I'd love to join a saturday game, but 6 am EST is way out of my managable range :(

Yeah, I'd love to have you on if you can find a way to make it work.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Okay. What we're looking at now is:

Sea campaign, gestalt, monk focus, no standard casting classes, high but not stupid difficulty, ban flight. This sound good, everyone?
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

:(  have fun.  3 am to 8 am is just not possible.  Maybe next time.
Well, Goodbye.