News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

Information sheet

Started by Anastasia, June 07, 2009, 04:13:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

This assumes you've done your homework and read up on Stormwrack. You've read up on Stormwrack, right?

1. The current situation

Throughout history, there has always been one. A sailor of peerless standing who takes the title of Pirate Lord. It is not just empty words, for the Bitch Queen Umberlee bestows great power to the sea dog that holds this title. Holding this title is the key to wealth, power, prestige and a whole lot of willing sea maidens. The current Pirate Lord, Legendary Captain Morgan, has called the greatest pirate crews far and wide to his fortress. You are one of those groups. Sure, you could ignore it, but what sort of wankers would that make you? There's surely loot involved in this!

(For fuck's sake, at least stay on the rails at the start.)

2. Your situation

You have both a base of operations and ships. Your main ship is a Greatship. You possess a galley and two dromonds. You may name these ships whatever you wish. Each is stocked with monk 2//rogue 2 sailors as well as slaves for the oars. These men will follow your orders unless you're really stupid. You have a home base, a secluded, faraway mountain-island monastery.  The majority of your rich loot and more support personnel are there, though they aren't likely to come up in the scope of this game. You can name your home base as well if you'd like.

3.  The situation of all the assholes that are not you

Several other pirate crews desire to rule the waves. Sea Witch Mojito is a terrible foe, cursing any who cross him/her(No one's really sure about that, but that's here nor there) to a watery grave. One Eyed Daniels is said to have his entire ship decorated with the skulls of those sea dogs who got between him and treasure. Sea Knight Smirnoff rides a fiendish dolphin, assaulting ships single handedly and returning loaded with gold and spices.

4. Those law abiding bastards

Various merchants from the ocena may also interfere. As they lose money to pirates, they're known to hire mercenaries or other pirate crews to dick around and headhunt. Do be careful.

5. Waters below.

There are sea elves, sahuagin, mermen and far more lurking beneath the waves. While this campaign is focusing on sea level, it's not to say that some of the watery depths might not influence things.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Carthrat

Quote from: DuneThese men will follow your orders unless you're really stupid.

nuts
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Anastasia

Quote from: Carthrat on June 07, 2009, 10:37:20 PM
Quote from: DuneThese men will follow your orders unless you're really stupid.

nuts

Sorry. Pirates are cool but not suicidal. Not quite.
<Afina> Forever.

Sierra

Let me state for the record how much I approve of everyone being named after booze.

Ebiris

Submitted for approval are the names of our mighty fleet.

The proud flagship will be the greatship The Hateful Whore.

The two fast attack dromonds are the Vicious Harlot and the Vile Strumpet.

Lastly is the slow but sturdy galleon upon which we store lots of booty, better known as the Depraved Wench.

Sierra

I approve of all of them!

Anastasia

Those names are it barring any other suggestions or comments.

---

Here are your MOOKS. Treat your mooks well. Theyr'e fragile and not very strong, but they're yours! They're faceless, bland and simple men of the sea! They'll do anything asked unless it's really stupid and you don't intimidate them into it.

Able Seamen: Monk 2//Rogue 2.

Size/Type: Medium Humanoid(Human)
Hit Dice: 2d8+2 (14 HP)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 30ft
Armor Class: 12 (+1 dex, +1 wisdom)
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+2
Attack: Unarmed Strike+3 (1d6+1)
Full Attack: Unarmed Strike+3 or Flurry of blows +1/+1
Space/Reach: 5ft/5ft
Special Attacks: Flurry of Blows, Sneak Attack+1d6
Special Qualities: AC bonus, Evasion, Trapfinding
Saves:    Fort +4, Ref +4, Will +4
Abilities: Str 12, Dex 12, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 12, Cha 12
Skills:   (10 skills) Balance+6, Climb+6, Hide+6, Intimidate+6, Jump+6, Listen+6, Move Silently+6, Profession(Sailor)+6, Spot+6, Swim+6.
Feats: Stunning Fist(B), Deflect Arrows(B), Weapon Focus(Unarmed Strike), Sea Legs.
Alignment: N
<Afina> Forever.