News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

The Gossip Board

Started by Dracos, November 23, 2009, 05:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthrat

We're in the elemental plane of earth. There is no night!
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Dracos

eh.  Whatever.  We were at the 'camp after adventure' phase and folks were confused as some people tried to dramatize it.  So we stumbled around as others felt obligated to follow the people that weren't sleeping because otherwise they'd have to sit around and wait.

It's a lot better that if any of us are taking a rest, that all of us do.
Well, Goodbye.

Carthrat

So we're going to the plane of magma?

Sounds fun, anyone selling potions in the town?

Dracos

Granny tam probably? 

What are you thinking?

We have, collectively, 4-6 endure element spells a day if we want between Adail and me.
Well, Goodbye.

Carthrat

I'm looking out for Resist Fire, as in the thing that provides Fire Resistance. >_>

Dracos

As I understand the scenario (Maybe wrong):

If we fight the Efreets, we have hit a losing condition with our employer.

If we fight the devil, we have hit a losing condition with our employer.

Ergo, if we need fire resistance rather than Endure Elements, we are already losing.

But hey, preparation isn't bad.
Well, Goodbye.

VySaika

Sorry if my "Adail wanders about while others rest" thing was causing confusion. Had no intention of RPing that out at all, it's just that he *does not sleep* and I was keeping in character with that. I'll continue to have him do stuff like that, but we can just assume that no, it's not meant to actually go off and do anything solo. He doesn't sleep, so he goes off and does something else instead, etc, move on to morning.

So yeah, wasn't "trying to dramatize it" or anything like that, just trying to keep in character. I know I have a miserable enough time trying to lie down and rest when I'm not sleepy, I can only imagine how bad it must get for someone who doesn't sleep at all!
All About Monks
<Marisa> They're OP as fuck
<Marisa> They definitely don't blow in 3.5
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies
<Marisa> they're immune to a bunch of high level effects
<Marisa> just by being monks

Carthrat

My understanding is that we're going to a plane made of fire, and we've had random encounters before. >_>

Dracos

Quote from: Gatewalker on December 03, 2009, 06:52:49 PM
Sorry if my "Adail wanders about while others rest" thing was causing confusion. Had no intention of RPing that out at all, it's just that he *does not sleep* and I was keeping in character with that. I'll continue to have him do stuff like that, but we can just assume that no, it's not meant to actually go off and do anything solo. He doesn't sleep, so he goes off and does something else instead, etc, move on to morning.

So yeah, wasn't "trying to dramatize it" or anything like that, just trying to keep in character. I know I have a miserable enough time trying to lie down and rest when I'm not sleepy, I can only imagine how bad it must get for someone who doesn't sleep at all!

Heh, didn't mean to offend ya, Gate.  Sorry about that.  I didn't think you did anything wrong, was just observing that it did confuse folks, and thus it might be better to just assume it is happening rather than write it (No less than most the party tried to follow you on your nightly escapades!).
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Quote from: Carthrat on December 03, 2009, 08:30:11 PM
My understanding is that we're going to a plane made of fire, and we've had random encounters before. >_>

As always, well prepared.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Granny Tam has two potions of fire resistance. She'll sell them to you at the SRD standard price. If you want to look for more fire resistance or purchases elseware, let me know and I'll have you make a GI check or do some poking around for it.

If you purchase the offered pair of potions, post so in the loot thread.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Carthrat

Do magical short/longbows allow you to add your full strength mod to damage, or do they need the same mighty modification as normal ones?

Anastasia

Quote from: Carthrat on December 06, 2009, 09:57:51 PM
Do magical short/longbows allow you to add your full strength mod to damage, or do they need the same mighty modification as normal ones?

I've always ignored that part and just applied strength to long/short bows no matter what. I should probably add this as a house rule, since I do it without thinking about it.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Probably should be dex as the mod rather than strength, but that's a pretty nice house rule. :)
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

It's Monday!

Last call to do shit for prep for Tuesday's session!
<Afina> Forever.