News:

"If it has HP, we can kill it."

Main Menu

The Gossip Board

Started by Dracos, November 23, 2009, 05:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Oh, before I forget again: Zeph, did you ever get anything out of that Time book you were studying? I think it got lost in the shuffle.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

I don't think he did, but I don't think he remembered to read this to see~ :P

So how was last session?

:D

my whining about not getting to fight the salamanders last session was completely resolved (yay dune).  Actually, from a getting to use character abilities standpoint, the session was totally awesome.  I got to use my denial trip setups in an effective manner, I got to use my wrathful rage, I got to use my improved flanking, I got to take advantage of high speed, I got to smite evil, etc etc.  That's awesome.  Personally I prefer encounters which are still challenging while allowing ability usage to those that have much of their challenge from negating it.  Even though, improved trip as an offense and defense is brutally powerful.

I was somewhat disappointed that the salamanders didn't join in with the fire elemental (as that might've made a much more dangerous fight), but even though we slammed through them, they did do quite a bit of damage still, so good on them.  Man did hatebot try and stop me from tripping them.  'I roll a 2 for 21'.  "I roll a 18, for 20!"

The risk game you offered Mari at the end was neat, as was the Dune Style benefit :).  Nikkolai poisoning himself was stupid, but amusing.  It was neat that we got an alignment argument going closing it off.

Overall, for a session that was almost all combat, it was pretty awesome. :)

I will give a huh moment at the salamander formation.  I found it kind of strange for a militaryish outfit to do a line of spear men rather than some 2 and 3 or circular formation as it meant at most only two of them could attack at a time without breaking their setup.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Also, Detect Poison twice on Zeph and wisdom checks to figure out what type.  DC 20 huh. :(  Oh well.  I wonder if someone can aid on figuring that out? :P The first roll almost makes it.

<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+2
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Maya_Mahabala rolls 1d20+2 and gets 18." [1d20=16]
<Maya_Mahabala> roll 1d20+2
<Hatbot> ACTION --> "Maya_Mahabala rolls 1d20+2 and gets 6." [1d20=4]
Well, Goodbye.

Zephyrus

Yes, I was quite silly in poisoning myself. But to be fair, I was full of cold medicene and pretty sleepy.

Maybe Granny Tam will take pity on me and change me back to a man since I'm incapacitated?

Dracos

Mmm, btw, I know I've been totally forgetting the plane penalty.  I hope ko was silently applying it, but if not, can Kotono give us a reminder early each session with those?  I don't even remember what it was, probably a minus 1 to attack.

We really had lots of modifiers flying around yesterday :)
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

To be honest I forgot. I don't think it changed anything too much though. That's a good idea, Drac. Remind me to start doing that next session.
<Afina> Forever.

Sierra

Quote from: Zephyrus on December 16, 2009, 02:33:47 PM
Yes, I was quite silly in poisoning myself. But to be fair, I was full of cold medicene and pretty sleepy.

Maybe Granny Tam will take pity on me and change me back to a man since I'm incapacitated?

Only if she changes me back to a human. Otherwise, you'll keep your pigtails and you'll like them.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

I want a mount.

Are they selling any in Hardsoil?
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Sierra

The portal to Air isn't far. We could always go back and retrieve your actual mount(s)?

Dracos

But said mount WILL laugh at you for leaving it behind once already and forgetting it has perfectly functional hooves.
Well, Goodbye.

Carthrat

Mari: Maybe. Dune, is it practical to get either mount through the portal and down the pit we made to Hardsoil?

Drac: Yes, well, next time we go to a plane that is made of caves, I'll assume they're all large enough for a horse to fit into and get around (never mind a pegasus). You must realise I had some pretty strong concerns about practicality, right?

Dracos

I didn't say I would.  I said the mount would :P

The practicality argument is still pretty solid, even with the fact we've constantly been in areas with enough room for a large creature to move.  That said, it's going to be a practicality argument in most planes, excepting the horse getting special equipment as a party member would to deal with it (We're going to the fire plane.  Huh, the horse needs endure elements too?  And protection against drowning for the water plane?  Can he even fly underwater?)
Well, Goodbye.

Carthrat

Well, with stuff like inimically hostile planes, presumably it needs stuff no different to the rest of us. As for the water plane, um, I'll find a riding dolphin or something?

Maybe I should invest in pokeballs. >_>

Dracos

Knight, aren't you a pokemon(Outsider)?  Can Pokemon have their own pokemon?
Well, Goodbye.