News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

Interest Assessment: Tome of Battle in Eberron

Started by Jon, November 28, 2009, 01:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon

okay, two house rules I'm considering: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/buildingCharacters/craftPoints.htm and http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/adventuring/defenseBonus.htm

Artificers and warblades use column C. Swordsages B, Crusaders D.

Comments welcome. I'll be back later.

Also, proposed Campaign Title: The Acquisitives.

(See, there's a line of Eberron novels called The Inquisitives, about some private investigators.)

Dracos

Are we gonna be doing a lot of flying?

On craft points: If nobody is taking craft, I don't see the point.  If someone is, maybe they can comment.

On Defense...eh.  Mmm, Right now it'd give me a +5.  If I bought armor, I'd also have a +5.  So it's effectively free defense.  I guess I don't mind that at all :P
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

Ditto. I'd get +8 defense from armor (full plate) or +8 from def bonus. Def bonus means my touch AC is not crap though, I save on cost of full plate, and I don't have shitty armor check penalty, and if my dex goes up, not a problem. The only negative I can think of is no armor to enchant with +1, which is pretty cheap, all things considered (1k gp out of 13k gp). It does encourage use of a shield by tanky characters though, I guess.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Jon

Quote from: yukatado on November 28, 2009, 09:30:31 PM
Rin's Character

Hey, Rin, we have a charsheet thread now; mind moving this there?

Also, please give me a bit of fluff about your character.

Also, Sharn has the "Feather Fall Talisman" which is a one-use-only version of your Ring of Feather Fall. But it also only costs 50gp. Something to consider?

Jon

Quote from: Dracos on November 28, 2009, 08:03:05 PM
On craft points: If nobody is taking craft, I don't see the point.  If someone is, maybe they can comment.

It'd be downright useful for any artificer, which is why I mentioned it.

Navilee

Quote from: Jon on November 28, 2009, 11:26:38 PM
It'd be downright useful for any artificer, which is why I mentioned it.

Yeah, it along with the XP pool would be really useful in combination.  Especially with the reduction feats.  Although that's mostly why I didn't do the artificer:  it was grand and all but the only feats which were really helpful were the "25% reduction to XP/GP/crafting time, stacks".